Iran gets.. The Bomb

Bush and Cheney just followed through on what Albright, the Clintons, Kennedy, Kerry, Pelosi, Gore, etc. had been saying for years needed to be done. Bush and Cheney just had the BALLS to actually DO IT. With the full approval, on three separate occassions, of the same Democrats.

You and I finally agree on something. Dubya and DICK had the balls to invade Iraq. Unfortunately, they should have been thinking with their brains.

Hmmmm....did Albright, Clinton, Kennedy, Kerry Pelosi or Gore ask Congress's permission to use force against Iraq?

No, save Clinton, they lacked the authority to do so. They just beat the wardrum and as usual, deferred to the next guy.. who happened to be Bush.. and they voted THREE TIMES to go to war. Sorry, they wanted this thing as much as Bush.. they just lacked the testicles, as usual, to actually put it on the line... cowards as you will.

Last edited:
I thought the terrorists already had WMD? Isn't that why Dubya and DICK invaded Iraq?

Well, back in the nineties, according to Albright, the Clintons, Kennedy, Kerry, Pelosi, Gore, etc.... yes.

Aren't those all CFR? That could have more to do with it than party affiliation. The ones who are not CFR, like Paul, Kucinich, and McKinney were opposed to the war.

WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.

"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.

The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.

The munitions found contain sarin and mustard gases, Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said. Sarin attacks the neurological system and is potentially lethal.

"Mustard is a blister agent (that) actually produces burning of any area (where) an individual may come in contact with the agent," he said. It also is potentially fatal if it gets into a person's lungs.

The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.

Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

Hezbollah was keeping chemical weapons in the arms stockpile which exploded more than a month ago in southern Lebanon, the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Siyasa reported on Thursday.

European sources quoted in the article also said that three out of the eight Hezbollah operatives who were killed in the blast died after coming in contact with the chemicals.

According to Al-Siyasa, the Lebanese militant organization attempted to keep Lebanese Army personnel as well as UNIFIL forces away from the blast site in order to cover up any evidence.
Report: Chemical weapons in Hezbollah arms cache blast - Haaretz - Israel News

The Anfal campaign began in 1986 and lasted until 1989, and was headed by Ali Hassan al-Majid (a cousin of then Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein from Saddam's hometown of Tikrit). The Anfal campaign included the use of ground offensives, aerial bombing, systematic destruction of settlements, mass deportation, firing squads, and chemical warfare, which earned al-Majid the nickname of "Chemical Ali".

Thousands of civilians were killed during the anti-insurgent campaigns stretching from the spring of 1987 through the fall of 1988. The attacks were part of a long-standing campaign that destroyed almost every Kurdish village in areas of northern Iraq where pro-Iranian insurgents were based and displaced at least a million of the country's estimated 3.5 million Kurdish population. Independent sources estimate 100,000 to more than 150,000 deaths and as many as 100,000 widows and an even greater number of orphans.[4] Amnesty International collected the names of more than 17,000 people who had "disappeared" during 1988.[5] The campaign has been characterized as genocidal in nature. It is also characterized as gendercidal, because "battle-age" men were the primary targets, according to Human Rights Watch/Middle East.[6] According to the Iraqi prosecutors, as many as 180,000 people were killed.[7]
Al-Anfal Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess a lot would depend on if you want to believe that WMDs are not political devices but actual weapons that kill people. In fact I submit that if you ask some of the family members of 9-11 victims you may find that they might tell you a Boeing 767 is a WMD when piloted into the side of a building.

BWAHAHAHAHAH.....so, you simply change the definition (tweak it) of WMD and BINGO, we found them.....what a fucking joke.

EDIT: Navy1960, I have read your posts...you are smarter than to believe this goal post moving bullshit. Perhaps you are simply blinded by partisanship?

Last edited:
I thought the terrorists already had WMD? Isn't that why Dubya and DICK invaded Iraq?

I just don't feel like arguing the Iraqi war...who supported it, then changed their minds.. etc.

OK...I am just trying to figure out why you thought this was news since the terrorists have had WMD for YEARS according to Dubya and DICK?

you are really dense if you think only gw and cheney thought that. the quotes from numerous prominent democrats are pasted here again and again while people like you ignore it

I just don't feel like arguing the Iraqi war...who supported it, then changed their minds.. etc.

OK...I am just trying to figure out why you thought this was news since the terrorists have had WMD for YEARS according to Dubya and DICK?

you are really dense if you think only gw and cheney thought that. the quotes from numerous prominent democrats are pasted here again and again while people like you ignore it

Ummm, SO? Were any of those other people our Command in Chief? Did any of those other people ask Congress's permission to use force against (invade) Iraq?

Ummm, SO? Were any of those other people our Command in Chief? Did any of those other people ask Congress's permission to use force against (invade) Iraq?

many of them were part of congress and voted for the "war" effort and by giving speeches to congress they were trying to persuade other memebers, so they did indirectly ask

I figure we may as well accept that Iran is going to become a nuclear power and provide terrorists with weapons of mass destruction. It's fairly obvious that Obama's going to do diddley squat other that continue to threaten new improved sanctions, draw lines in the sand and then move the lines.

Obama gave Iran until the end of the year to take up his offer of engagement, but US officials have indicated there was no hard and fast deadline.

"They are in both political and commercial relationships and if we can create a sanctions track that targets those who actually make the decisions, we think that is a smarter way to do sanctions," Clinton said.

AFP: World powers to meet over Iran sanctions this week

This is a dishonest reply. That or this person cannot comprehend what is written.

No terrorist has a nuclear weapon. Yet.

Forum List

Back