Iran Hits Two Oil Tankers, What Will/Should Trump Do?

They were not our ships. We should stay out of it.

Thats a ridiculous statement.
These attacks threaten all ships going through the straight including ours.
Not to mention the damage to world trade.
Not our ships. Not our gig.

It endangers the worlds economy.

Blood for money.

Than I suggest they stop hitting ships in the strait.

We know what obama would do -- Preemptive surrender. But what will Trump do?

We know he is opposed to Foreign Wars. Hates them.

Iran has called his bluff, will he respond in kind??

Of course, the only decent news about almost anything comes from the Foreign Press. The American Press stopped being in the news business decades ago --

Oil tankers hit in fresh 'torpedo attack' in Gulf of Oman amid Iran tensions - live updates

ss-composite-image-2019-6-13-12-55_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.png

Their is no reason for US to defend western European oil interest
and this is fishy as all hell
A few weeks ago, Iran SAID they were going to close the Straits of Hormuz in response to America's re-imposed sanctions. What is fishy?

As if the Iraq war helped the economy last time.

And shutting down the shipment of 35% of the worlds oil helps?

My WSJ article documents that Obama sent Iran Billions. Your FactCheck link doesn't comment on that.
It was THEIR MONEY, and NOT OUR Money, and that is where Redfish's comment was wrong.

The $1.7 billion was the settlement of a 37-year-old arbitration claim between the U.S. and Iran. The remaining $1.3 billion represented estimated interest on the Iranian cash the U.S. had held since the 1970s.

White House officials had said that they believed the U.S. would lose the arbitration case over the initial $400 million payment, made by the last Shah of Iran months before the Islamic Revolution. Such a decision would have made them liable for much more money

US made $1.7 billion transfer to Iran in foreign cash, Treasury says

I don't care whose money it was. Giving ANY money to the terrorist funding network is stupid, reckless, irresponsible, not to mention allows them to develop their nuclear weapons. Just like Bubba Clinton gave NK a few $billion to develop theirs?!

I would NOT have given Iran any money until they had a more responsible, less terrorist supporting government.

but please don't forget:

The Court suit was going to rule THEY HAD TO, and we are not a lawless Nation...

it would have been 10 billion or so, that's what the Iranian's suit at the Hague was requesting with interest etc, for the 40 years of interest, that everyone believed they would win.
Yup......we forced them to attack or embassy and take our diplomats hostage.

Only reason they got away with it was because Jimmy Carter was POTUS.

Blood for money.

I don't support Iran's actions, but killing thousands of USA service man AGAIN, is simply overkill.

Blood for money.

I don't support Iran's actions, but killing thousands of USA service man AGAIN, is simply overkill.

Surgical air strikes.

Funny, this says otherwise.
FactCheck.org

My WSJ article documents that Obama sent Iran Billions. Your FactCheck link doesn't comment on that.
It was THEIR MONEY, and NOT OUR Money, and that is where Redfish's comment was wrong.

The $1.7 billion was the settlement of a 37-year-old arbitration claim between the U.S. and Iran. The remaining $1.3 billion represented estimated interest on the Iranian cash the U.S. had held since the 1970s.

White House officials had said that they believed the U.S. would lose the arbitration case over the initial $400 million payment, made by the last Shah of Iran months before the Islamic Revolution. Such a decision would have made them liable for much more money

US made $1.7 billion transfer to Iran in foreign cash, Treasury says

I don't care whose money it was. Giving ANY money to the terrorist funding network is stupid, reckless, irresponsible, not to mention allows them to develop their nuclear weapons. Just like Bubba Clinton gave NK a few $billion to develop theirs?!

I would NOT have given Iran any money until they had a more responsible, less terrorist supporting government.

but please don't forget:

The Court suit was going to rule THEY HAD TO, and we are not a lawless Nation...

it would have been 10 billion or so, that's what the Iranian's suit at the Hague was requesting with interest etc, for the 40 years of interest, that everyone believed they would win.
Yup......we forced them to attack or embassy and take our diplomats hostage.

Only reason they got away with it was because Jimmy Carter was POTUS.

What was Jimmy Carter supposed to do atrack Iran & hope Soviets didn't also invade?

It would have likely been another Vietnam war all over again.

Of course, the only decent news about almost anything comes from the Foreign Press. The American Press stopped being in the news business decades ago --

Oil tankers hit in fresh 'torpedo attack' in Gulf of Oman amid Iran tensions - live updates

ss-composite-image-2019-6-13-12-55_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.png

A few weeks ago, Iran SAID they were going to close the Straits of Hormuz in response to America's re-imposed sanctions. What is fishy?

military-industrial-complex-2.0 (1).jpg
racist warmongering whore

its not our problem. we dont depend on middle eastern oil like the western low iq dumber than dirt diesel smog polluting eurotrash garbage
or the nips

let em shut it down

Iran’s foreign minister has labeled the reported attack on two “Japan-related” oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman as “suspicious,” occurring just as Japanese Prime Minister Abe came to Tehran for major talks. Expressing his misgivings on Twitter, Javad Zarif noted that the incidents on the two vessels on Thursday, one of which had been reportedly struck by a torpedo, had occurred as Abe sat down for “extensive and friendly” discussions with Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei.This may have actually been more of a warning to Japan than an attempt to bang the war drum.

There is no proof at this time. No investigation...no eyewitness reports. No affirmative or denial from Iran. Yet...IRAN!

Iran said they rescued the sailors when we know thats not the case.
And really who else would do such a thing?
I'm not saying we have definitive proof but Iran is the most likely culprit.
Seriously though...
Why would Iran hit a Japanese cargo vessel, on the day the Japanese prime minister or President, was visiting Iran?

Makes no sense for them to do this....

Not that they could not have done such a horrible thing.. but it kinda smells fishy, to me....

There is no proof at this time. No investigation...no eyewitness reports. No affirmative or denial from Iran. Yet...IRAN!

Seriously though...
Why would Iran hit a Japanese cargo vessel, on the day the Japanese prime minister or President, was visiting Iran?

Not that they could not have done such a horrible thing.. but it kinda smells fishy, to me....
Leverage...

Seriously though...

That may well be why they did it.

View attachment 265182
racist warmongering whore

its not our problem. we dont depend on middle eastern oil like the western low iq dumber than dirt diesel smog polluting eurotrash garbage
or the nips

let em shut it down

Iran’s foreign minister has labeled the reported attack on two “Japan-related” oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman as “suspicious,” occurring just as Japanese Prime Minister Abe came to Tehran for major talks. Expressing his misgivings on Twitter, Javad Zarif noted that the incidents on the two vessels on Thursday, one of which had been reportedly struck by a torpedo, had occurred as Abe sat down for “extensive and friendly” discussions with Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei.This may have actually been more of a warning to Japan than an attempt to bang the war drum.
Closing down the Straits would be considered an international act of war, since closing off the Straits would mean stopping 20% of oil to the world, 19 million barrels a day. I would say it would certainly be a UN issue if it comes to that.

Forum List

Back