Iran nuclear deal: European nations 'siding with ayatollahs' - Pompeo

Mike Pompeo's assertion that Washington's key European allies are "siding with the ayatollahs" offers a test case of the failures of President Trump's approach towards Iran and of his foreign policy in general.

Foreign policy is about defining objectives; determining the means of getting there and, crucially, carrying other nations along with you. On Iran, the US has failed on every count.

Bluster might work among the less educated of his base but diplomacy is grown up stuff. If you cant take people with you then you stand alone and impotent. The world needs leadership and the US is playing golf.

I would imagine that most of Americas allies are waiting for November and the return of sanity to the world stage.
Obama's agreement with Iran was certainly not perfect but a lot better than nothing. Donald Trump's action of cancelling an agreement with Iran that limited nuclear development and required inspections and replacing it with nothing is absolutely insane. It pretty well guarantees that Iran will eventually become a nuclear power. And as expressed by Iran, "it will be a cold day in hell before Iran enters into another agreement with the US after proving it does not honor it's agreements."

Trump breaking the Iran deal was 100% about blowing up one of President Obama's accomplishments.
Yep as corrupt as Obama was that was the one good thing he did and trump being too arrogant to leave well enough alone,in his arrogant attitude of wanting to be nothing like Obama which was fine,what was not fine was reversing everything he did even if one of the rare things he did was good which this was that rare one thing.

Mike Pompeo's assertion that Washington's key European allies are "siding with the ayatollahs" offers a test case of the failures of President Trump's approach towards Iran and of his foreign policy in general.

Foreign policy is about defining objectives; determining the means of getting there and, crucially, carrying other nations along with you. On Iran, the US has failed on every count.

Bluster might work among the less educated of his base but diplomacy is grown up stuff. If you cant take people with you then you stand alone and impotent. The world needs leadership and the US is playing golf.

I would imagine that most of Americas allies are waiting for November and the return of sanity to the world stage.
Obama's agreement with Iran was certainly not perfect but a lot better than nothing. Donald Trump's action of cancelling an agreement with Iran that limited nuclear development and required inspections and replacing it with nothing is absolutely insane. It pretty well guarantees that Iran will eventually become a nuclear power. And as expressed by Iran, "it will be a cold day in hell before Iran enters into another agreement with the US after proving it does not honor it's agreements."

No, it was worse than no agreement and there was no TREATY to agree or disagree with.

Obama’s secret Iran deals exposed
Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) (Danny Johnston/Associated Press)
By Marc A. Thiessen
July 27, 2015
President Obama promised that his nuclear deal with Iran would not be “based on trust” but rather “unprecedented verification.” Now it turns out Obama’s verification regime is based on trust after all — trust in two secret side agreements negotiated exclusively between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that apparently no one (including the Obama administration) has seen.

Worse, Obama didn’t even reveal the existence of these secret side deals to Congress when he transmitted the nuclear accord to Capitol Hill. The agreements were uncovered, completely by chance, by two members of Congress — Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-Kan.) and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) — who were in Vienna meeting with the U.N.-releated agency.

###

Obama administration sold a bad Iran nuclear deal to the American public
Donald Trump is not punting Iran problems down the road: Opposing view
Reuel Marc Gerecht

President Trump’s decision to withdraw the U.S. from the Iran nuclear deal should be viewed as condign punishment for the disingenuous way Barack Obama and his staff sold the agreement to the American public.

The deal does not “cut off every pathway that Iran could take to develop a nuclear weapon.” Once the regime perfects advanced centrifuges, which is allowed under the accord, the Islamic Republic’s nuclear-weapons ambitions cannot be checked. By 2025, Tehran can start assembling these models.

These high-velocity machines require small cascades. Without an extraordinarily lucky human-source intelligence penetration or sloppy Iranian telecommunications, American intelligence services would have no ability to find them hidden in warehouses.

###

###

A "treaty" that has zero signatures is a piece of paper, Moron.

No, Moron, it's an agreement that all the other partners were following in GOOD FAITH.

Gee, I hope nobody is ever dumb enough to do business with you with that attitude.
Wait. What?

YOU have been calling it a TREATY. Now it's just an "agreement".

What happened? :abgg2q.jpg: :abgg2q.jpg: :abgg2q.jpg:

I educated your ignorant ass, that's what happened.

Yer welcome.

Much more simple: "You" broke your given word. That you gave your word show the signatures in the JPCoA agreement, treaty, contract- take whatever word you like to use. The situation is comparable with a situation where a pyramid of nations is juggling hot nuclear potatoes, which have not to fall down - under no circumstances.

Last edited:
Much more simple: "You" broke your given word. That you gave your word show the signatures in the JPCoA agreement, treaty, contract- take whatever word you like to use. The situation is comparable with a situation where a pyramid of nations is juggling hot nuclear potatoes, which have not to fall down - under no circumstances.
You do not understand American laws

It was not a binding treaty but rather just a handshake deal with obama

You do not understand American laws

US-American laws are totally unimportant for me.

It was not a binding treaty but rather just a handshake deal with obama

I know. Red Indians - like for example us Germans - always make the same mistakes to trust in friends, until we all have been died out and you will be the only superpower in the whole universe.

Last edited:

The germans are always for Iran cause Germany rakes in billions from Iran
Its only been goin on for decades now

And whatever germany wants the eu to do they do

The germans are always for Iran cause Germany rakes in billions from Iran
Its only been goin on for decades now

And whatever germany wants the eu to do they do

Germany is not dominating the EU - it's exactly in the opposite: Germany is underrepresented within the EU. And Persia is in general one to the most important world cultures. Same as China, Egypt, Greece, Rome and others. I fear you are not able to imagine how damned angry I personally became for example, when US soldiers in the war in Iraq had damaged some old unimportant stones in Babylon, which are for me witnesses of the incarnation of human beings as a cultural life form. This anger was as big as the anger to see your nation murder Iraqis on absolutelly not any reason to have to do so.

An in case of the Iran it's very simple: The Iran did not produce nuclear weapons any longer. So there is absolutelly not any need for new sanctions against the Iran.

But meanwhile had created the USA much more problems by trying to overtake control about the complete world economy. We will have to find out ways, how we will be able to make business with the Iran and other nations, which are not able to be controlled and sanctioned from the USA, the new enemy of world economy. That we (Germany as well as the EU) buy since world war 2 natural gas from Russia is for example suddenly also a new problem for the USA, only because an additional parallel pipeline is under construction.

Last edited:

Fuck you tainty. In your perfect world Iran gets their nuke and then they use it on some western power. Because getting it to the USA will be too difficult they will nuke some European city.

Hopefully the one you live in.

The US never agreed to the deal obama made
You can play the semantic game all you want. No one will have a bar of you.

Wrong, dumbass. Obummer was acting like the dictator he wanted to be. That deal wasn't ratified by Congress which means it was worthless.

As Trump showed it to be.

Trump breaking the Iran deal was 100% about blowing up one of President Obama's accomplishments.

Yeah, it was. One of the worst deals this country ever engaged in. But I am sure obummer got a huge kickback from the mad mullahs for his sweetheart deal....for them.

How did America benefit from giving the illegitimate Mullahs of Iran pallets full of cash money?

It was their money.
We should give money to a state sponsor of terrorism blowing up our boys in Iraq, and then cry indignantly when we kill the man who planned it.

WTF is wrong with you people?!

Wrong, dumbass.
No, right, fuckwit. No one wants anything to do with you. I guess you can't receive messages from the UNSC even when they're shouted.

Oh, my feewings are so hurt. No, wait a minute. That's you! I don't give a fig what the UN does, or says. It has proven itself to be one of the most corrupt groups ever, on this planet.

They need to go away.

Fuck you tainty. In your perfect world Iran gets their nuke and then they use it on some western power. Because getting it to the USA will be too difficult they will nuke some European city.

Hopefully the one you live in.

You hope that the Iran will bomb down his hometown with nukes, because this will give you the good feeling to be right? ... This are moments I love it to be a Vulcan ... ah sorry: a German. I don't know any longer, how often I did regret in my life to be right.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back