Iran's new president: Yes, the Holocaust happened

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Followed by... Israel has the right to exist!

Iran's new president: Yes, the Holocaust happened ? Amanpour - CNN.com Blogs

Iran's new president has acknowledged the Holocaust, furthering the stark contrast between himself and his predecessor.

"Any crime that happens in history against humanity, including the crime the Nazis committed towards the Jews as well as non-Jews, was reprehensible and condemnable," President Hassan Rouhani said in an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour.

"Whatever criminality they committed against the Jews we condemn. The taking of human life is contemptible. It makes no difference whether that life is a Jewish life, Christian or Muslim."

This is likely as fake as the tweet at Rosh Hashanha.

Are liberals trying to invent a new Iranian leader?

This is likely as fake as the tweet at Rosh Hashanha.

Are liberals trying to invent a new Iranian leader?

Yes they are. It looks like moderate/liberals in Iran are running the show now with this new Iranian president and with full permission from Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Time to get rid of that Halliburton and Raytheon stock huh?

Exactly. Iran will be a nice feather in Obama's cap after getting Syria to submit to turning over WMD's to the UN. Good form President Obama.

Well it would seem that diplomacy is first and best option. Iran is no threat to us and we should normalise relations and get on with business and cease with this demonising of ME nations and keeping the pot stirred up.

I'm certainly going to withhold judgement until things start to happen, but Rouhani may well be the refromer he claims to be.

One of Clinton's big mistakes was missing an opportunity to normalize things with Khatami when he was President of Iran.

It would be great if President Obama is able to do so now.

I'm certainly going to withhold judgement until things start to happen, but Rouhani may well be the refromer he claims to be.

Iranian presidents don't reform anything, they are scripted from above. Not unlike American presidents.

Rouhani says he's got the backing of the Ayatollah for reform. I guess we'll have to see.

The power is located in the Supreme Council, but the President is still elected popularly, and Rouhani ran on reform - if the Iranian people want reform, I think they might get it.

As I said, we'll see.

Iranian presidents don't reform anything, they are scripted from above. Not unlike American presidents.

Rouhani says he's got the backing of the Ayatollah for reform. I guess we'll have to see.

The power is located in the Supreme Council, but the President is still elected popularly, and Rouhani ran on reform - if the Iranian people want reform, I think they might get it.

As I said, we'll see.

It may simply be that the Supreme Council, and Khamenei, has seen the region's reaction to percieved (correctly imo) hypocrisy by the West and esp the US to drone strikes, Iraq, Egypt, Isreal and its settlements, Libya and Syria, and as a result they concluded that allowing freedom of information is not a threat to their Islamic republic.

Iran's new president has acknowledged the Holocaust, furthering the stark contrast between himself and his predecessor.

"Any crime that happens in history against humanity, including the crime the Nazis committed towards the Jews as well as non-Jews, was reprehensible and condemnable," President Hassan Rouhani said in an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour.

"Whatever criminality they committed against the Jews we condemn. The taking of human life is contemptible. It makes no difference whether that life is a Jewish life, Christian or Muslim."

Funny, didn't see that in the article...

Is he saying the same thing to his own people?

That's the problem with alot of these guys. They will say one thing to the media and then the exact opposite to their own people.

As I said, we'll see.

Iranians have wanted reform for a very long time. But sure, lets hope some reform is forthcoming. But whatever happens there, they are no threat to the US.

Funny, didn't see that in the article...

Stay tuned...

Exactly. Iran will be a nice feather in Obama's cap after getting Syria to submit to turning over WMD's to the UN. Good form President Obama.

What drugs are you on?

The President of Iran refused to meet with Obama.

Putin negotiated the deal and is now ready willing and able to send Russian troops in to defend the UN Inspectors in Syria (go ahead and try to bomb if Putin's troops have boots on the ground)

and.....

Last but not least, Iran backs Assad.

:eusa_angel:

Iran's president won't meet with Obama despite U.S. president's call for diplomacy 'based on mutual interests and mutual respect'

Iran's president Hassan Rouhani won't meet with Obama despite US President's call for diplomacy | Mail Online

What drugs are you on?

The President of Iran refused to meet with Obama.

Putin negotiated the deal and is now ready willing and able to send Russian troops in to defend the UN Inspectors in Syria (go ahead and try to bomb if Putin's troops have boots on the ground)

and.....

Last but not least, Iran backs Assad.

:eusa_angel:

Iran's president won't meet with Obama despite U.S. president's call for diplomacy 'based on mutual interests and mutual respect'

Iran's president Hassan Rouhani won't meet with Obama despite US President's call for diplomacy | Mail Online

LOL... sorry, but your hero, comrade Putin, has been regulated to the background on this one. It's President Obama and Iran's new President talking back the spotlight as it should be. Comrade Putin is yesterday's news, deal with it! :lol:

Last edited:
Obama has succeeded in making the US look more hypocritical and ineffective in the ME than even his predecessor did. Iran's new president is actually offering an olive branch to the UNITED FCKING STATES OF AMERICA.

Forum List

Back