Iraq War veteran critically injured after being hit with a grenade by Oakland Police

Lastly, having seen the officer fire what appeared to be a "flash bang" into the crowd of young people that were assisting the injured was on its surface uncalled for, having not been there, I do not know all the circumstances, however if true that officer falls under the guidelines of those above that should be disciplined.

He should be prosecuted, not disciplined.

Lastly, having seen the officer fire what appeared to be a "flash bang" into the crowd of young people that were assisting the injured was on its surface uncalled for, having not been there, I do not know all the circumstances, however if true that officer falls under the guidelines of those above that should be disciplined.

Its Oakland I am not surprised, I used to go up there every once in a while to go clubbing when I was at Vandenberg and the police there are under alot of stress and make poor decisions, this was obviously one of them.

Its Oakland I am not surprised, I used to go up there every once in a while to go clubbing when I was at Vandenberg and the police there are under alot of stress and make poor decisions, this was obviously one of them.

Yup.

Dude threw a flash grenade in the middle of a crowd of people trying to help a wounded man.

Count however many people there were surrounding Mr. Olsen and charge him with that many counts of attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon.

Yup.

Dude threw a flash grenade in the middle of a crowd of people trying to help a wounded man.

Count however many people there were surrounding Mr. Olsen and charge him with that many counts of attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon.

Oakland PD pays a good salary, best starting salary in the state of California for a cop.I heard they make $70,000 a year starting off for a rookie cop.

Oakland police, firefighter pay devouring budget - SFGate

Theres alot of stuff going on in Oakland right now, on top of the usual suspects they have the Norteno Mexican gangs coming up and Serenos from Southern California are trying to establish a foothold there, these guys go through alot of shit which is why they are so jumpy.

Last edited:

Yup.

Oakland PD pays a good salary, best starting salary in the state of California for a cop.I heard they make $70,000 a year starting off for a rookie cop.

Theres alot of stuff going on in Oakland right now, on top of the usual suspects they have the Norteno Mexican gangs coming up and Serenos from Southern California are trying to establish a foothold there, these guys go through alot of shit which is why they are so jumpy.

Agreed that Oakland is an effed up town but that's really no excuse for what that guy did.

Yup.

Agreed that Oakland is an effed up town but that's really no excuse for what that guy did.

Its not, I can't really think of any excuse he can use.

Its not, I can't really think of any excuse he can use.

Publicly admitting that he's a piece of shit and asking for those he attacked for forgiveness would go a long way for him.

On what evidence ?

On what evidence ?

Evidence? Liberals don't need evidence.

On what evidence ?

Oakland Policeman Throws Flash Grenade Into Crowd Trying To Help Injured Protester - YouTube

Right around the 0:40 second mark when he throws a flash grenade in the middle of the crowd trying to aid a wounded man.

I believe this man is now dead. It's a very very sad tragedy. The Police should be prosecuted. Their callousness and cruelty is pretty shocking. Why couldn't just one step up and do the right thing? It goes to their poor training. They shouldn't be trained to be Nazi Storm Troopers. They should be trained to be good & honorable public servants who care about their fellow citizens. Something went terribly wrong here in regards to their training. I'll pray for this man's family.
Wounded veteran improving as protesters urge strike | Reuters

Posted about six or seven minutes ago...he is improving according to the articles.

Forum List

Back