Is ANY direction a good direction?

So, Mitch McConnell was on MtP this morning, and the general message he had , in reference to kinda, sorta, more or less supporting Donald Trump was, "Clinton will just continue the policies of the Obama administration, and we need to go in a new direction, and Trump is definitely a new direction."

Every time he said that, the same question kept going through my head: Even if that new direction is catastrophic?

I mean, look, his comment presumes a couple of things - that the direction we're heading in with Obama is not great, and that Clinton will follow the same direction. I think either of those statements are arguable, but, for the sake of argument, let's allow for the accuracy of both.

Billy is driving the car, and heading us straight into a heavy traffic jam. Bob insists on taking over driving, and finds a route that avoids the traffic jam. Unfortunately that route took the car right off a 100 ft cliff. Under the circumstances, wouldn't the traffic jam have been preferable?

Okay. so, you don't like the direction that the Democrats are taking us. Is "going in a new direction" really worth it, if that direction is the clusterfuck that Trump would lead us to?

Now, allow me to be clear. I understand that there are some conservatives - and I use that term loosely - who wholeheartedly voted for Trump, love Trump, think Trump in the bees knees, and that Trump is going to be the salvation of the nation. This question is not directed to them. They are not voting for Trump because, "Wellll...at least it's a new direction..." They're supporting him because they think he's brilliant, and will be phenomenal as President.

This question is for the rest of the conservatives/Republicans who are swallowing their disgust, and "falling in line".

You, nor anybody else, knows the direction The orange clown will take us. His greatest qualification is he is not that Cackling, lying, cheating bitch. He is an unknown, and yes, I will take that any day over that despicable creature destroying all those pant suits.
He's not an "unknown". he's irrational, emotional, raving, and dangerous. And, as to the "lying, cheating bitch", Trump is the paragon of honesty?!?!? Trump University. "I don't need pollsters"...well...until he does. "I am running a self funded campaign"...well...until he isn't! Sorry, Slick, if lying and cheating is your criteria for disqualification, then you can't vote for Trump, either.

In your scenario you make the presumption that we know Bob will go over the cliff. Trump is boisterous and opinionated but I wouldn't assume America will crash and burn while he's at the wheel.

The way I see it is America is currently headed for a cliff and we may fall off regardless of who is driving. And realistically, Clinton helped take us down this dead end road. If I had to choose I would choose the one who takes us off this road. And if that road just looped around back towards the cliff, well then we can at least say we tried. For the past 7 years we've been trying but it's not working. Time to switch things up.
"Crash and burn"? Maybe not. But, is that really the alternative? So long as it isn't total obliteration, worse is better than the same? REALLY???? After all, Trump has not said one single thing that demonstrates that he will improve the situation in America even one iota, and has made numerous comments, sent countless tweets, and engaged in several undisciplined rants that demonstrate he will very much send us in the wrong direction.

And bear this in mind - considering the insanity that has dribbled out of Trump's own mouth, you really trust someone of his temperament, and attitude with the nuclear launch codes? REALLY?????

Anyone but a Democrat. That is no hyperbole.

If you recall, The Clinton administration lost the nuclear football for a time.
Uh...no I don't remember that. I understand that is the sentiment. What I am trying to understand is the reasoning behind the sentiment.

You would, honestly rather do the country demonstrable harm than allow a Democrat the White House?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Retaining a Democrat in the White House will do the country irreparable harm, both internally, and in foreign affairs.

Really? We're popular around the world, contrary to Republican/Conservative rhetoric. Unemployment has steadily decreased since May of 2010, and is currently sitting at 4.7. So, to what "irreparable harm" are you referring?

We are popular because Obama is a pencil-necked geek, easy to push around.

If you honestly believe that the current actual UE rate is 4.7, you cannot be salvaged.

So, Mitch McConnell was on MtP this morning, and the general message he had , in reference to kinda, sorta, more or less supporting Donald Trump was, "Clinton will just continue the policies of the Obama administration, and we need to go in a new direction, and Trump is definitely a new direction."

Every time he said that, the same question kept going through my head: Even if that new direction is catastrophic?

I mean, look, his comment presumes a couple of things - that the direction we're heading in with Obama is not great, and that Clinton will follow the same direction. I think either of those statements are arguable, but, for the sake of argument, let's allow for the accuracy of both.

Billy is driving the car, and heading us straight into a heavy traffic jam. Bob insists on taking over driving, and finds a route that avoids the traffic jam. Unfortunately that route took the car right off a 100 ft cliff. Under the circumstances, wouldn't the traffic jam have been preferable?

Okay. so, you don't like the direction that the Democrats are taking us. Is "going in a new direction" really worth it, if that direction is the clusterfuck that Trump would lead us to?

Now, allow me to be clear. I understand that there are some conservatives - and I use that term loosely - who wholeheartedly voted for Trump, love Trump, think Trump in the bees knees, and that Trump is going to be the salvation of the nation. This question is not directed to them. They are not voting for Trump because, "Wellll...at least it's a new direction..." They're supporting him because they think he's brilliant, and will be phenomenal as President.

This question is for the rest of the conservatives/Republicans who are swallowing their disgust, and "falling in line".
In your scenario you make the presumption that we know Bob will go over the cliff. Trump is boisterous and opinionated but I wouldn't assume America will crash and burn while he's at the wheel.

The way I see it is America is currently headed for a cliff and we may fall off regardless of who is driving. And realistically, Clinton helped take us down this dead end road. If I had to choose I would choose the one who takes us off this road. And if that road just looped around back towards the cliff, well then we can at least say we tried. For the past 7 years we've been trying but it's not working. Time to switch things up.
C"Crash and burn"? Maybe not. However, Trump has not said one single thing that demonstrates that he will improve the situation in America even one iota, and has made numerous comments, sent countless tweets, and engaged in several undisciplined rants that demonstrate he will very much send us in the wrong direction.

And bear this in mind - considering the insanity that has dribbled out of Trump's own mouth, you really trust someone of his temperament, and attitude with the nuclear launch codes? REALLY?????
Your reference (the left's reference) to suggest Trump's eager fingers on the nuke button is absolutely unfounded and ridiculous. Adults don't throw that shit around like a frisbee. So, I said he wanted peace with Russia. How does that suggest a nuclear war? You people are such a morons.
Sbiker you should see this shit they are talking about. WTF?

How interesting to listen people, which don't remember the Bible :))) "By their fruit you will recognize them"

Who is Trump? Good manager from business, I think, he didn't consider any ideologic moment, he would search a benefit for US. I think, nuclear conflict is generally not in a benefits to US, like other wars with US participation...
Okay. Two problems with this statement. First, good manager?!?! The man has declared bankruptcy more often than he has changed his underwear!!! And has said he would have no problem allowing the country to go bankrupt!!! Good manager my ass.

Second, even if your characterization of Trump's business skills were accurate - which they aren't - government is NOT a business. It is a bureaucracy. It was designed that way on purpose. They are two very different animals. You do get that Trump can't just scream, "You're fired!" and get his way, like he would in a business, righbt?

Who is Killary? A Secretary of State, head of the Government during Obama's rule... Made a lot of "stupid shit", till Obama performed internal politics, she grew up an ISIS, she made a lot of points of unstability in world. At least, she has a long list of crimes and law violations - who can promise, she don't want to burn it in a nuclear fire?
Wait..wait..wait! You are seriously laying the expansion of ISIS at Hillary's feet?!?! Really? Considering that nearly every top leader of ISIS is a Bathist general from Iraq, you don't think that toppling Hussein, and creating a religious purge in Iraq might have had something to do with the power structure of ISIS? "A lot of points of unstabilility"? I think you meant instability. You do get that we are universally liked world wide, except for in the Middle East, whose opinion of us hasn't altered in the last 20 years?

Your reference (the left's reference) to suggest Trump's eager fingers on the nuke button is absolutely unfounded and ridiculous. Adults don't throw that shit around like a frisbee.

That presumes that Donald Trump is a rational adult. And, what, precisely, has he some thus far to convince you of that? Was it his suggestion that South Korea should pay us tribute? Or maybe it was his picking a fight with Prime Minister Cameron? Was his off the wall rant at Megyn Kelly? What, exact, has he done to make you believe he is emotionally an adult?

So, I said he wanted peace with Russia. How does that suggest a nuclear war? You people are such a morons.
Sbiker you should see this shit they are talking about. WTF?

Yes. You made an unfounded claim about his fanboying Putin, that when challenged you we're incapable of defending. You really think that fanboying dictators is a rational action that will lead to a more stable world? REALLY?????

Not South Korea only but every state should pay for our protective services we protect them from whatever they feel threatened by.
Cameron is an asshole who betrays his on nation by importing muslim terrorists into GB. Who cares what the fuck he is griping about.
What do you mean I wasn't able to defend something? Defending what? Trump wants peace with Russia but it doesn't fit the Global Elitist agenda. Peace with Russia means less armament and less profit for the banks who finance military industry.
We don't have peace with Russia? Really? When did that happen? I didn't know you had to fanboy dictators to maintain peace. I must have missed that part of diplomacy.

And, you just proved that you were one of those I was referring to in my OP. You are not just holding your nose, and supporting Trump. You think Trump is fucking brilliant. Bully for you. You're as insane as he is, but my question wasn't directed to you. It was directed to those who did not support Trump, swore they would never support Trump, and are now...supporting Trump. They are the ones to whom I directed my question.

Okay. Two problems with this statement. First, good manager?!?! The man has declared bankruptcy more often than he has changed his underwear!!! And has said he would have no problem allowing the country to go bankrupt!!! Good manager my ass.
It is a legal avenue to reorganize a business. Nothing is illegal about it. His worth is $ 10 billion. I do not think his business is bankrupt.
The country is bankrupt already. What keeps us afloat is the treasury printing fiat money.

"Crash and burn"? Maybe not. But, is that really the alternative? So long as it isn't total obliteration, worse is better than the same? REALLY???? After all, Trump has not said one single thing that demonstrates that he will improve the situation in America even one iota, and has made numerous comments, sent countless tweets, and engaged in several undisciplined rants that demonstrate he will very much send us in the wrong direction.

Uh...no I don't remember that. I understand that is the sentiment. What I am trying to understand is the reasoning behind the sentiment.

You would, honestly rather do the country demonstrable harm than allow a Democrat the White House?

Retaining a Democrat in the White House will do the country irreparable harm, both internally, and in foreign affairs.

Really? We're popular around the world, contrary to Republican/Conservative rhetoric. Unemployment has steadily decreased since May of 2010, and is currently sitting at 4.7. So, to what "irreparable harm" are you referring?

If you honestly believe that the current actual UE rate is 4.7, you cannot be salvaged.
Yeah..yeah...I know there are all of these super secret numbers that no one know about. Here's the problem. Your people leaving the labour force is also declining. So, you don't get to claim that it is soooo much worse than it really is, anymore. The numbers are the numbers. But, hey, you guys stopped believing in facts a long time ago. We have come to accept that.

It is a legal avenue to reorganize a business. Nothing is illegal about it. His worth is $ 10 billion. I do not think his business is bankrupt.
The country is bankrupt already. What keeps us afloat is the treasury printing fiat money.
Did i say it was illegal? I said it was not a sign of a "good manager".

We don't have peace with Russia? Really? When did that happen? I didn't know you had to fanboy dictators to maintain peace. I must have missed that part of diplomacy.
I don't know where you have been lately but every motherfucking pundit, most Congressmen who oppose Trump are harping on his intentions to have a friendly relationship with Putin/Russia like it were a bad thing. They are laying the groundwork for a Russia - U.S. conflict.

Yeah..yeah...I know there are all of these super secret numbers that no one know about. Here's the problem. Your people leaving the labour force is also declining. So, you don't get to claim that it is soooo much worse than it really is, anymore. The numbers are the numbers. But, hey, you guys stopped believing in facts a long time ago. We have come to accept that.

"Labour"?

I must have missed something in an earlier post. Where are you from?

It is a good manager who recognizes business trends and reorganizes before all is lost. It helps the business to keep its employees also. You people never look at a business as an employer but solely as an evil entity.

"Labour"?

I must have missed something in an earlier post. Where are you from?
Now, or originally? Now Arizona. Originally, Wales. I had dual citizenship until about 35 years ago. I dropped my allegiance to the crown. Although, if Trump somehow managed to pull this election out of his are, I may, for the first time in over 30 years, wish that I hadn't done that...

I don't know where you have been lately but every motherfucking pundit, most Congressmen who oppose Trump are harping on his intentions to have a friendly relationship with Putin/Russia like it were a bad thing. They are laying the groundwork for a Russia - U.S. conflict.
That's funny, and we're done.

It is a good manager who recognizes business trends and reorganizes before all is lost. It helps the business to keep its employees also. You people never look at a business as an employer but solely as an evil entity.
Funny. I always thought the "good manager" was the one that didn't run a business into the ground so that it needed bankruptcy to save it from being lost. Silly me.

You, nor anybody else, knows the direction The orange clown will take us. His greatest qualification is he is not that Cackling, lying, cheating bitch. He is an unknown, and yes, I will take that any day over that despicable creature destroying all those pant suits.
He's not an "unknown". he's irrational, emotional, raving, and dangerous. And, as to the "lying, cheating bitch", Trump is the paragon of honesty?!?!? Trump University. "I don't need pollsters"...well...until he does. "I am running a self funded campaign"...well...until he isn't! Sorry, Slick, if lying and cheating is your criteria for disqualification, then you can't vote for Trump, either.

Then if that is YOUR criteria, then you can't vote for Clinton. And if it isn't YOUR criteria, you can't disqualify him for it.

Funny. I always thought the "good manager" was the one that didn't run a business into the ground so that it needed bankruptcy to save it from being lost. Silly me.
Well, apparently you are not familiar with the risks involved in running a business. Maybe you should look into it. Look how many businesses face hardships as the market changes.

Nine times out of ten businesses fail, just a fact of life, the more you try, the more you fail.

Don't like Trump but he is a damn good business man, he continually risks his assets and pushes the envelope. Whether that translates into a good President, I'm not real sure.

Clinton is good at raising money in her own right. These are two good con men. Not sure how this translates into a good President either.

Well if we are going to start quoting Lies and reversals told by the orange clown and the pantsuit bull dyke then we will need a nearly endless thread. The biggest difference between the 2 is the orange clown has been a successful business man who has made real money, while the pant suit bull dyke has used her and slick willie's political influence to make millions. She has never created anything which hasn't been paid for by somebody else.

Well if we are going to start quoting Lies and reversals told by the orange clown and the pantsuit bull dyke then we will need a nearly endless thread. The biggest difference between the 2 is the orange clown has been a successful business man who has made real money, while the pant suit bull dyke has used her and slick willie's political influence to make millions. She has never created anything which hasn't been paid for by somebody else.
Which has what to so with being capable of running a bureaucracy, exactly?

People keep saying that like it actually means anything.

Which has what to so with being capable of running a bureaucracy, exactly?

People keep saying that like it actually means anything.

You seem to think that one of these canidates is fully qualified to be president. I don't believe either is qualified. Given that, I will take the orange clown who has not been bought by lobbyist for the past 20 years.

Forum List

Back