Is anyone else embarrassed about this campaign?

It isn't hard to understand at all. How can you be clueless at this late date? Most supporters of Trump probably don't like his antics but they don't really care because they are sick of politicians bettering themselves with lip service.

They believe it takes someone like Trump to get us going in the right direction. Someone that understands you can't spend your way into prosperity. Someone that doesn't drop to his knees when some tin horn dictator pulls out his pecker. This isn't rocket science.
Well, I do agree, this ain't rocket science. Which is why his attraction is difficult to understand.

The amount of flaws and questions and shortcomings that you're ignoring/forgiving is staggering.
I haven't ignored anything but you are a well oiled liar. It's what you do.
Link? Example?
Link example? Where's the link to your asshole? That's where you get your information. Everyone else can just read the above words.
Where's the link to my asshole?

Well, you're representing your party wonderfully here. Right on the money.

your party too. he is your "base' -- uneducated, vile, angry and bigoted

I also had difficulty understanding the popularity of Palin, but at least she was obviously a dyed-in-the-wool conservative. Trump? No.

Trump to me seems like Sarah Palin drowning in testosterone. Why doesn't the party demand more fundamental dignity from its candidates?

palin wasn't conservative either. i think that's the problem with your party. you pick out these loudmouthed regressive extremists who want to do away with every social advance made since the 1950's ...
blah blah blah. You and your loud mouth lying again. Many conservatives helped put a lot of social programs in place.
When was that?
Fifty years ago?

they can't help it. they're compulsive liars

I also had difficulty understanding the popularity of Palin, but at least she was obviously a dyed-in-the-wool conservative. Trump? No.

Trump to me seems like Sarah Palin drowning in testosterone. Why doesn't the party demand more fundamental dignity from its candidates?

palin wasn't conservative either. i think that's the problem with your party. you pick out these loudmouthed regressive extremists who want to do away with every social advance made since the 1950's ...
blah blah blah. You and your loud mouth lying again. Many conservatives helped put a lot of social programs in place.
When was that?
Fifty years ago?

they can't help it. they're compulsive liars

Well, I do agree, this ain't rocket science. Which is why his attraction is difficult to understand.

The amount of flaws and questions and shortcomings that you're ignoring/forgiving is staggering.
Link? Example?
Link example? Where's the link to your asshole? That's where you get your information. Everyone else can just read the above words.

My party?

What party is that?

I'm most likely voting Democrat in 2016. If not, third party.

Why are independents so difficult for partisan ideologues to understand?

Link? Example?

My party?

What party is that?

I'm most likely voting Democrat in 2016. If not, third party.

The better question for you is.....why are some independents unable to recognize when others are independent?

Link? Example?

My party?

What party is that?

I'm most likely voting Democrat in 2016.

if you're voting democratic, i'd think that's a change of party.

i'm not criticizing you, mac. my feeling though is that these people are the result of 7 years of rage and incendiary speech by the so-called leaders of the GOP. now they've created a monster and the monster turned on them so they're unhappy. when the monster was directed outward, they were perfectly happy.

and most self-identified independents have voted GOP for years. i could be wrong.

we're all partisan.

as for being ideologues, you and i have agreed on enough issues where you know that i am not a purist.

Link? Example?

My party?

What party is that?

i'm not criticizing you, mac. my feeling though is that these people are the result of 7 years of rage and incendiary speech by the so-called leaders of the GOP. now they've created a monster and the monster turned on them so they're unhappy. when the monster was directed outward, they were perfectly happy.

and most self-identified independents have voted GOP for years. i could be wrong.
Nope, been a left-leaning indy forever. More often than not vote Dem in both state and local elections.

Not everyone is a partisan. I'm just honest about my disagreements with the behaviors of (some) Democrats.

My party?

What party is that?

Nope, been a left-leaning indy forever. More often than not vote Dem in both state and local elections.

Not everyone is a partisan. I'm just honest about my disagreements with the behaviors of Democrats.

i think if issues matter to us...and we all have those that do, then we're partisan at least on those issue.
for example, reproductive choice is non-negotiable with me. economic policy ... rational thought and compromise works better than crazy on either side.

I was on my second scotch last night when I saw this, and this morning I was thinking to myself "I must be imagining what I think I heard".

Well, I checked it out, and sadly I remembered it correctly.

So far in this campaign - and we still have a ways to go, mind you - we have had a candidate from a major party talk about the size of his dick during an official, nationally televised debate.

Now, as of yesterday, we have had the main opponent of that candidate confirm that he does not want to have sex with that man.

Is anyone else embarrassed? Is this really what we want?

"And I would note that Mr. Stone is a man who has fifty years of dirty tricks behind him. He's a man for whom a term was coined for copulating with a rodent. Well let me be clear: Donald Trump may be a rat, but I have no desire to copulate with him."

Honestly? Saw this coming for 20+ years

The political elite have been screwing the public that entire time, giving the public the finger the entire time. Wasting our time and money. The public is simply giving the finger back to the elite

I was on my second scotch last night when I saw this, and this morning I was thinking to myself "I must be imagining what I think I heard".

So far in this campaign - and we still have a ways to go, mind you - we have had a candidate from a major party talk about the size of his dick during an official, nationally televised debate.

Now, as of yesterday, we have had the main opponent of that candidate confirm that he does not want to have sex with that man.

"And I would note that Mr. Stone is a man who has fifty years of dirty tricks behind him. He's a man for whom a term was coined for copulating with a rodent. Well let me be clear: Donald Trump may be a rat, but I have no desire to copulate with him."

The political elite have been screwing the public that entire time, giving the public the finger the entire time. Wasting our time and money. The public is simply giving the finger back to the elite

I do understand that part of it, yeah. I'm not terribly fond of professional politicians in general myself. And I think there are fixes to a system that allows them to behave the way they do.

It's the messenger(s) I question.

I do understand that part of it, yeah. I'm not terribly fond of professional politicians in general myself. And I think there are fixes to a system that allows them to behave the way they do.

It's the messenger I question.

The public is picking the messenger. Like it or not, it's actually refreshing for a change.

Link? Example?

My party?

What party is that?

we're all partisan.

as for being ideologues, you and i have agreed on enough issues where you know that i am not a purist.

No. Mac is basically a Democrat. He's sane on most social issues and has a rational take on economic issues. He goes haywire on the PC issue....where he thinks it's best to let assholes treat people like shit because they want to instead of holding them accountable.

And....he's got a real hang up when it come to other independent minded people. He just can't believe that he isn't the only one who isn't driven by ideology. He wants that label for himself.

That passive aggressive dude puts real independent minded people on iggy when he can't control them.

It's the messenger I question.

The public is picking the messenger. Like it or not, it's actually refreshing for a change.

The media is picking the messenger.

I'm embarrassed that all the democrats could come up with is an old Commie who isn't even registered democrat and the shrill psychotic abused wife of a former pervert president who could be indicted before she is nominated.

...rational thought and compromise works better than crazy on either side.
Bingo..
So why has the elite given up on rational thought then. By way of example: 19 TRILLION DEBT
Yep.

That number has been a team effort, too.

well, we had a balanced budget when bill clinton was president. then baby bush was the first leader in history to cut taxes during wartime. so we ended up with debt. yes, we could cut all spending...and did, but the economy needed stimulus. and the parties don't agree on what to cut. democrats generally try try not to cut things that help actual people. the GOP establishment keeps wanting to cut taxes for corporations and the top 1%. that leads to disagreement. you want to get rid of debt, cut the military budget (which we can't do right now) or raise taxes to where they were pre bush.(which the right, in keeping with their pledge of allegiance to grover norquist) won't do.

so team effort? in some ways. solution though has to be a team effort and the teams don't mesh on this. and wasn't it dick cheney who said "deficits don't matter"?

Forum List

Back