CDZ Is anything being done to improve race relations?

I don't see this issue improving unless and until both ends hold their own side accountable, and it's highly unlikely we'll see professional politicians willing to do that.
***I*** don't support the establishment. If you consider yourself a republican or democrat I see you as part of the problem. I've said this before.

Until we find out who runs the GOP and DNC and fire them...
Do you think that improved race relations is even anyone's goal at this point?

Or is it just about trying to grab advantage and wins at any cost?

As someone who sees PLENTY of room for improvement on BOTH ends of this issue, I'm finding myself getting more and more frustrated (and, full disclosure, confused) about it.

With regards to "race relations" and/or "a national conversation on race", I'm seeing neither. What I am seeing is precisely the same kinds of behaviors on both ends of the issue: Continued airing/droning of grievances and efforts to gain any advantage over the other side, from voting laws to statue removal (?).

I'm starting this thread in the CDZ because I'd really like to see if we can have a (relatively) civil and (far more importantly) interesting conversation here.

So: Is anything being done to actually improve race relations? If so, how's that working out?
You're making it way too complex. A quick look at history will tell you where the problem lies and the answer. What was experience of the first whites in Africa? How about North America? They were welcomed, educated, and treated as guests. What did they do in return? What have they done to every single non white society they have experienced? Violence is either in the DNA of whites or its a conscious choice they make. Personally I feel that until whites rid themselves of their inferiority complex they will forever have a problem with other races.
Predictably, a racist has now introduced racism into the topic. Too bad.

As someone who sees PLENTY of room for improvement on BOTH ends of this issue, I'm finding myself getting more and more frustrated (and, full disclosure, confused) about it.

With regards to "race relations" and/or "a national conversation on race", I'm seeing neither. What I am seeing is precisely the same kinds of behaviors on both ends of the issue: Continued airing/droning of grievances and efforts to gain any advantage over the other side, from voting laws to statue removal (?).

I'm starting this thread in the CDZ because I'd really like to see if we can have a (relatively) civil and (far more importantly) interesting conversation here.

So: Is anything being done to actually improve race relations? If so, how's that working out?
You're making it way too complex. A quick look at history will tell you where the problem lies and the answer. What was experience of the first whites in Africa? How about North America? They were welcomed, educated, and treated as guests. What did they do in return? What have they done to every single non white society they have experienced? Violence is either in the DNA of whites or its a conscious choice they make. Personally I feel that until whites rid themselves of their inferiority complex they will forever have a problem with other races.
Predictably, a racist has now introduced racism into the topic. Too bad.
Predictably, dripping poo has missed the point that race relations and racism go hand in hand.

Indvidutal people? Sure... Groups of certain people... Sure...

GOP and DNC? No... I think they want the exact opposite. What rational thinking person thinks that you can end segregation by segregating? Otherwise known as identity politics.

Not just advantage and wins... But to actually keep the status quo.

I don't see this issue improving unless and until both ends hold their own side accountable, and it's highly unlikely we'll see professional politicians willing to do that.
***I*** don't support the establishment. If you consider yourself a republican or democrat I see you as part of the problem. I've said this before.

And how will that improve race relations?
Follow the context of the whole quote there.

Both major parties WANT this problem. It's going to be a big enough problem that people will be willing to hold their nose and vote a certain way even if they don't like the person.

Whoa.. Déjà vu..

People need to turn off the television. The media is the biggest race divider in this country.
only the news....i need to watch American Ninja Warrior.....

There is nothing too be confused about.

America is in the throws of a Marxist Revolution.

The same thing happened in Yugoslavia in the 90's.

In fact some would argue Yugoslavia's Civil Wars were a trial run for what was coming to America.

The exception is Yugoslavians are all White. They could not divide them by race. So the divided them by religion.

America .... being the melting pot it is .... is perfect to divide by race.

And, that is exactly what is happening to Race Relations in this Country.

If you will take less than 15 minutes to watch the video below you will see exactly how America is now facing the very same tactics today.

And how will that improve race relations?
Follow the context of the whole quote there.

Both major parties WANT this problem. It's going to be a big enough problem that people will be willing to hold their nose and vote a certain way even if they don't like the person.

Whoa.. Déjà vu..
Political parties are NOT going to improve the situation no matter who you vote for. They are only likely to make matters worse regardless of the intention of their members. Only individual Americans can respect and support their countrymen. ALL their countrymen. If you're looking for a centrally planned answer from Big Daddy government, you're not going to find one.

Political parties are NOT going to improve the situation no matter who you vote for. They are only likely to make matters worse regardless of the intention of their members. Only individual Americans can respect and support their countrymen. ALL their countrymen. If you're looking for a centrally planned answer from Big Daddy government, you're not going to find one.
Of course political parties can improve the situation. All they have to do is stop trying to help it. There never should have been a law that says you MUST teach CRT in schools, just as there should have never been one that says you MUST NOT teach it.

No... Just let it happen, if a school starts doing it... Then you, the individual, sue the school... Problem is the government is backing it, so now it's about suing the government. That's wrong.

Of course political parties can improve the situation. ....
This naïve notion is why so many people are so easily manipulated and nothing ever improves.

If the blacks grow tired of gang warfare and innocent children dying in the crossfire, burned out stores and stores leaving black neighborhoods we may see the Democratic Party start to go extinct.
You would think so, but the inner city carnage has been going on for over 50 years. The Democrats are very skilled at manipulation and fear mongering. That is how they continue to get 90% of the Black vote.
Sadly true.

This naïve notion is why so many people are so easily manipulated and nothing ever improves.
If that's all you read... I can understand why you would say that. Do it again... In the whole context.

The government, via the two major parties, is PROMOTING identity politics. It needs to stop doing that. Is that a short enough response for you to understand?

Edit: You're not normally this thick... Hangover?

In your case maybe win at any cost

This is your topic, and in post #9 asked you a question that you have ignored

What sort of a conversation on race is that?

The Republican party has been fighting tooth and nail to for improved race relations since it's very inception.

The Demonrat party does the opposite.

What really CAN be done is for each of us as Americans to offer each other in our daily lives the dignity and respect we each want for ourselves. There will always be the weak among us with hate and fear in their hearts, but I'm quite sure there are more of us without it.
That is really sweet, but how is that going to happen when government representatives have to campaign on the promises to fight for their constituents, which is relative to the representatives' political party affiliation, and cannot possibly represent the diversity of the geographical districts they are constituent to?
Read it again.
I red it, bitch. you do not understand how the flawed system from 1800 keeps things fucked up.
There is nothing kicking around in the empty melon of yours that is difficult to understand.

Forum List

Back