Is automatic voter registration Unconstitutional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 8 billion people on this planet. Do you think they can all fit here and we can make these promises?

Most of those 8 billion have no desire at all to come to this country. In fact the number of American Ex-pats living outside of this country is growing and I cannot wait till I can join them

You can opt out before you opt in depending upon the state you live in.

I should not have to opt out of anything. If I have to opt out that means I was opted in in the first place

If I want to register to vote I will and it's not the government's business to register me against my will.

Why, when none of the other 24 have been?
You have a link showing us that none of the others weren’t challenged? That they are all the same? Were they done unilaterally by the Gov?

Like why do you keep making generalized statements without actually having a clue what you are talking about?

I should not have to opt out of anything. If I have to opt out that means I was opted in in the first place

You can say "no" before you are opted in. Why is this so confusing for you?

You can say "no" before you are opted in. Why is this so confusing for you?

Why should I have to tell the fucking government not to register me for anything?

If I want to register to vote I will register to vote.

Why is that confusing you?

Why should I have to tell the fucking government not to register me for anything?

If I want to register to vote I will register to vote.

Why is that confusing you?

I am not confused at all. You are the one that thinks you are being forced to do something even though that is not the case

I am not confused at all. You are the one that thinks you are being forced to do something even though that is not the case

The government signing me up for shit automatically that I do not want to sign up for is doing something against my will.

Why is that OK with you?

What else do you want the government to do for you that you have to opt out of?

If I want to register to vote I will do so. If I don't want to register to vote I should not have to do anything.

The government signing me up for shit automatically that I do not want to sign up for is doing something against my will.

Why is that OK with you?

What else do you want the government to do for you that you have to opt out of?

If I want to register to vote I will do so. If I don't want to register to vote I should not have to do anything.

What state do you live in?

No they didn’t. There was no law passed by the GA this was done by executive order

Yes, and the PA state legislature authorized the governor to implement it that way.

Which is why all 25 states have an opt-out option.
Yes. And I live in one of those 25 States and I'm personally OK with it.

However, I DO see their point. Even "opting out" is an imposition and inconvenience and historically unnecessary.

Even the "opt out" smells a bit lilte Big Gubmint Encroachment, and merely gives more ammunition to anti-progressive forces, yes?

It seems that LibProgs prize Voter Volume more than they do the historical hands-off state of affairs.

It is remarkable to see the palpable fear the Repubs have at the idea of more people voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back