Is automatic voter registration Unconstitutional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cnm at a shareholder meeting:
”I really think we should elect more 18 year old gamers with purple mohawks and neck tattoos to the board to help decide our fate….I believe unwise, inmature people who know knothing about our business can really help us improve.”

Now stop for a minute and listen to how fucking retarded that sounds.
So who should be allowed to vote?

I don't have a problem with registering US citizens.

Registering illegals should be a crime, and its not, its what the dems are doing.
Do you have ANY evidence whatsoever that Democrats are registering illegals to vote.

Democrats don't have to register illegals to vote. Democrats have won the popular vote in the General in every election since 1992, save one - 2004.

This is why Republicans lie.

Not sure if it's unconstitutional or not, I haven't read the law. I guess it depends, and likely will be litigated.

Doubtful it will be. Trump is the only one pissed off about it.

I don't have a problem with registering US citizens.

Registering illegals should be a crime, and its not, its what the dems are doing.
Don't tell me you fell for another of the pathological liar's child-like screeds..........again!

When it comes to registering to vote in the United States, the burden has traditionally been on the individual: If you’re eligible to vote, it’s up to you to take the proactive steps needed to register. An increasingly popular policy called automatic voter registration, or AVR, flips that model.

As regular readers know, the idea is exactly what it sounds like: Under the policy, states automatically register eligible voters who interact with state agencies — such as getting a driver’s license — shifting the burden away from the individual. Those who want to withdraw from the system can do so voluntarily without penalty, but otherwise, Americans in states that adopt AVR are simply added to the voters rolls as a matter of course.

It’s a familiar policy in many advanced democracies, and slowly but surely, the United States is catching up. Last week, Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro announced that automatic voter registration is coming to the Keystone State, and the Democrat has plenty of company: According to the tally from the National Conference of State Legislatures, Pennsylvania is the 24th state, plus the District of Columbia, to adopt AVR.

Repubs hate it when citizens exercise their right to vote.

When it comes to registering to vote in the United States, the burden has traditionally been on the individual: If you’re eligible to vote, it’s up to you to take the proactive steps needed to register. An increasingly popular policy called automatic voter registration, or AVR, flips that model.

As regular readers know, the idea is exactly what it sounds like: Under the policy, states automatically register eligible voters who interact with state agencies — such as getting a driver’s license — shifting the burden away from the individual. Those who want to withdraw from the system can do so voluntarily without penalty, but otherwise, Americans in states that adopt AVR are simply added to the voters rolls as a matter of course.

It’s a familiar policy in many advanced democracies, and slowly but surely, the United States is catching up. Last week, Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro announced that automatic voter registration is coming to the Keystone State, and the Democrat has plenty of company: According to the tally from the National Conference of State Legislatures, Pennsylvania is the 24th state, plus the District of Columbia, to adopt AVR.

It has been a long time since high voter turnout favored the Repubs

Not sure if it's unconstitutional or not, I haven't read the law. I guess it depends, and likely will be litigated.
“The former president’s obsession with spreading lies about our elections is dangerous,” Shapiro’s spokesperson said in a statement. The spokesperson added, “[F]acts matter — and it is abundantly clear this commonsense, nonpartisan step to securely streamline voter registration and enhance election security is within the Governor’s executive authority. The Governor will remain focused on defending our democracy and empowering eligible Pennsylvanians to vote, no matter who they choose to support.”

From our former POTUS...

View attachment 833949
My first shoot-from-the-hip reaction is that "automatic voter registration" is not "unconstitutional".

Other than providing some basic parameters for voter qualification, the Constitution is silent regarding registration, yes?

And, if there is silence in that direction, and nothing binding in statute nor judicial precedent, then that's the end of it, yes?

My first shoot-from-the-hip reaction is that "automatic voter registration" is not "unconstitutional".

Other than providing some basic parameters for voter qualification, the Constitution is silent regarding registration, ,yes?

Yes, and also 24 states already do it, and all have an "opt-out" provision if one does not want to be registered.

Its exercising a nations destruction that is what we should be worried about.

So the US is ”catching up” but we continue to fall behind with regards to voter id. Funny how that works.

Don’t be so naive. The reason the left is so lax about the Southern border is because they have dreams of registering these folks and then putting the onus on Republicans to prove (in mass) that they have done so.

Where is this right not to register, in the constitution?
It's covered under the 9th Amendment

The government has no rights only the PEOPLE do.

If you can't register me to vote against my will than neither can the fucking government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back