Is Bill Maher Really This Dumb?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Bill Maher is allowed to speak his mind periodically, but most of the time he spends repeating Dem talking-points designed to mislead the public.

Does he really think this way, or is he just trying to justify his paycheck?

He says the economy is doing great.

The economy is only good if you're rich. Everyone else is suffering.

Here's several minutes of the program developing the context of his comments.

Not much of what was said is based in reality.

The first thing that Democrats like David Axelrod will blame anything on is the Republicans.

He forgets that Democrats created all of the hate and division in America, and now protest groups have become uncontrollable.

Last edited:
Bill Maher is allowed to speak his mind periodically, but most of the time he spends repeating Dem talking-points designed to mislead the public.

Here's several minutes of the program showing the context of his comments.

The first thing that Democrats like David Axelrod will blame anything on is the Republicans.

He forgets that Democrats created all of the hate and division in America, and now protest groups have become uncontrollable.

Telling people the economy is fine seems difficult when only you know how much is in your bank account and how much of a wage you are making.

The goal here is to get the extreme rich and poor, neither of which will be moved by the above because it is all they have ever known.

The goal, as Karl Marx said, is to destroy the Middle Class.

Telling people the economy is fine seems difficult when only you know how much is in your bank account and how much of a wage you are making.

The goal here is to get the extreme rich and poor, neither of which will be moved by the above because it is all they have ever known.

The goal, as Karl Marx said, is to destroy the Middle Class.
Maher every once in awhile tells the truth, and that is only to give him credibility.

It's like watching Fox News.

The Murdochs allow them to be honest to us (some of the time) to keep their viewers, but all they're doing is reinforcing the lies coming from CNN & MSNBC.

Maher every once in awhile tells the truth, and that is only to give him credibility.

It's like watching Fox News.

The Murdochs allow them to be honest to us (some of the time) to keep their viewers, but all they're doing is reinforcing the lies coming from CNN & MSNBC.
It is funny watching Mahr cringe and roll his eyes every time the lunatic Left opens their mouths but then rallies round behind them to defend them anyway

A true cultist.

It is funny watching Mahr cringe and roll his eyes every time the lunatic Left opens their mouths but then rallies round behind them to defend them anyway

A true cultist.
Maher earns his paycheck by tricking independent yuppie types into voting Democratic.

Maher earns his paycheck by tricking independent yuppie types into voting Democratic.
He walks a fine line between trying to be sane and entertaining and being a Leftist

It gets harder every day.

He is a dying breed.

Maher is an old, rich, white, male racist, like many in his class he has many wrong and faulty beliefs.

Be that as it may, he's right on the economy, it's doing fine. We just need to get the corporate gouging to stop.

I'm curious though OP, how are suffering financially?

This is what we said during the Bush years. You said go get another job, or go back to school or start our own companies. We make what we are worth. We don't deserve any more. Look at their bosses. Their bosses are doing better than ever. Time to share the wealth or get unionized.

You said "don't you have stocks?" The stock markets up.

In the 2000's we complained about illegals because for every 20 people looking there was one job available. Today we have 10 million unfilled jobs.

Inflation is coming down, we are not in a recession.

Oh, do you own a home? So if you own a home and have a 401K

From 2019 to 2022, the median net worth of American families jumped 37% to $192,900, after adjusting for inflation. It’s the largest increase ever recorded by the federal Survey of Consumer Finances, released last fall. Surging home values and rising stock ownership fed the surge.

Since when did the GOP start worrying about poor people? Don't you want them to start paying taxes?

Maher is an old, rich, white, male racist, like many in his class he has many wrong and faulty beliefs.

Be that as it may, he's right on the economy, it's doing fine. We just need to get the corporate gouging to stop.

I'm curious though OP, how are suffering financially?
It's funny because Democrats are in charge, suddenly Republicans pretend to care about them. When Trump was president they were arguing that they should be paying taxes. They said the poor had no skin in the game.

So to continue giving rich people tax breaks, they wanted to tax poor people. Today they pretend they care about poor people. Not buying it.

This is what we said during the Bush years. You said go get another job, or go back to school or start our own companies. We make what we are worth. We don't deserve any more. Look at their bosses. Their bosses are doing better than ever. Time to share the wealth or get unionized.

You said "don't you have stocks?" The stock markets up.

In the 2000's we complained about illegals because for every 20 people looking there was one job available. Today we have 10 million unfilled jobs.

Inflation is coming down, we are not in a recession.

Oh, do you own a home? So if you own a home and have a 401K

From 2019 to 2022, the median net worth of American families jumped 37% to $192,900, after adjusting for inflation. It’s the largest increase ever recorded by the federal Survey of Consumer Finances, released last fall. Surging home values and rising stock ownership fed the surge.

Since when did the GOP start worrying about poor people? Don't you want them to start paying taxes?
When the value of the USD crashes the net worth of American families jumps.

Problem with a crashing dollar is your net worth doesn't matter when you buy less with what you have.

So you can cherry-pick statistics and make yourself feel better about the current situation, but the truth is we all are on the verge of losing everything. All it would take is a massive tax-increase to push us over a cliff, which is rolling around starting in Jan. thanks to Joe Biden (Barack Obama)
He's not about to let the increases become known until after he gets 4 more years.
If Trump wins he'll just blame them on him.

He seems to need to seek support of his old peers. At one point he speaks truth to them which outrages them. Consequently, they start hating on him.

But this leads Maher to try to bring them back into his fold. So he says really silly shit.

He needs a dose of honesty. Hey, Bill. Compare the cost of the same bags of groceries from when Potato entered the Oval Office to today. Or gas at the pump.

Be honest. I know you can do it , Bill, because sometimes you do choose to employ honesty.

Problem with a crashing dollar is your net worth doesn't matter when you buy less with what you have.

So you can cherry-pick statistics and make yourself feel better about the current situation, but the truth is we all are on the verge of losing everything. All it would take is a massive tax-increase to push us over a cliff, which is rolling around starting in Jan. thanks to Joe Biden (Barack Obama)
He's not about to let the increases become known until after he gets 4 more years.
Nonsense. I could afford a tax increase.

When Trump was president, and Bush, you guys said you wanted to raise taxes on the poor because they pay no taxes. Are you taking that back?

I don't know the value of the dollar today compared to 2008 but I remember in the 2000's the value of the dollar was low and Republicans said that's good. More foreigners will come buy stuff.

A dollar was worth 70.698 cents on March 16, 2008

I can't find 2003 to show you that despite this you still voted for GW. And after he lied us into Iraq. No wonder Trump thought as president he could get away with murder.

Nonsense. I could afford a tax increase.

When Trump was president, and Bush, you guys said you wanted to raise taxes on the poor because they pay no taxes. Are you taking that back?
I'll tell you what....feel free to send more money to Washington, but we're not talking about just income taxes.

There are many ways that Democrats raise our taxes other than cutting our deductions.

I'll tell you what....feel free to send more money to Washington, but we're not talking about just income taxes.

There are many ways that Democrats raise our taxes other than cutting our deductions.

Well shit's got to get paid for. Maybe if you'd go along instead we could roll back the Bush, Reagan and/or Trump tax breaks to the rich and corporations. If that's unacceptable, guess what dummy? We have to raise your taxes.

I'm doing fine. Yea, inflation is probably eating up a lot of my money that I could be saving for retirement. But is Trump going to fix that? How? Last week you guys said by drill baby drilling. But Biden's already doing that.

And didn't Trump cause the inflation?

"Donald Trump is missing in action. He should be on this stage tonight. He owes it to you to defend his record where they added $7.8 trillion to the debt that set the stage for the inflation that we have," DeSantis said. "As your president, when they send me a bloating [sic] spending bill that's going to cause your prices to go up, I'm going to take out this veto pen, and I'm going to send it right back to them."

Well shit's got to get paid for. Maybe if you'd go along instead we could roll back the Bush, Reagan and/or Trump tax breaks to the rich and corporations. If that's unacceptable, guess what dummy? We have to raise your taxes.

I'm doing fine. Yea, inflation is probably eating up a lot of my money that I could be saving for retirement. But is Trump going to fix that? How? Last week you guys said by drill baby drilling. But Biden's already doing that.

And didn't Trump cause the inflation?

"Donald Trump is missing in action. He should be on this stage tonight. He owes it to you to defend his record where they added $7.8 trillion to the debt that set the stage for the inflation that we have," DeSantis said. "As your president, when they send me a bloating [sic] spending bill that's going to cause your prices to go up, I'm going to take out this veto pen, and I'm going to send it right back to them."
After watching BYE_DUMB send billions to Ukraine to waste on a useless war I think you're way out of line.

Forum List

Back