Is Black Culture the Primary Cause of the ills that plague the Black Community?

• Total voters

The left often wants to blame racism as the primary cause of the ill's experienced by the black community. This issue has worked its way deep into policy decisions to help "level the playing field." So I ask the question, is it really racism that plagues the black community or black culture?
There are many causes, and they date back 200 years or more. The main reason, in my opinion, is the lack of opportunities for most of them. Yes, we have black millionaires, black CEO's, black politicians, a half-black president, and blacks are in every field including doctors, lawyers, and judges. But, for the most part, blacks are outside the elevator that rises to the top of society. It's also true that they get a leg-up in such cases as education, job quotas, and other advantages afforded them over the years.

The lack of equal opportunities keep many from excelling in society as a whole. There still remains a stigma attached to being a "black" in America. In other words, blacks aren't advanced as often, and to higher positions in many corporations as often. In addition, the stats on blacks are pushed to the forefront more frequently than those of other races. An example of this is the prison population in this country. Another stat is the number of children to unwed mothers. Poverty in general, is associated with blacks a lot more than is mentioned concerning other races.

We are guilty of separating stats on all levels with race, nationality, religion, and in some cases, even sports. This projects a division as to "race superiority" in the minds of many. When we speak of our prison population, it's often mentioned first that blacks make up the largest percentage of those behind bars. When we speak of welfare, it's blacks that are mentioned first, and emphasized the most. This habit or trend, gives the impression, especially among blacks, that they're somehow second class citizens, and are incapable of being anything more than what's written or said about them. We have stereo-typed them to the point of greatly influencing how they see themselves. They are well aware of how they are thought of by whites and others. Over time, in my opinion, it's cause what amounts to "an inferiority complex", resulting in an attitude of "no one expects anything more from me". Also, without the same opportunities, and some will argue this point I'm sure, they turn to alternative means to either gain respect ( gangs ) or to make a living ( crime ).

We often blame parents for the way our kids turn out in life, and in many cases, rightfully so. But, parents and their influence can only carry a child so far, then it takes a lot of personal effort to obtain what parents have guided us towards. Sometimes things work out, and we make our parents very proud. And, other times, we push aside the teachings and influence of our parents, and start following the wrong influences and life-style. In the case of blacks, more often than not, parents pass along the wrong guidance, and influence the kids in a negative manner. An example would be single mothers raising 4 or 5 kids, working, and hardly ever at home. This "struggle" life-style sets the wrong example, and leaves kids to learn from others.

( something just happened to cause my last paragraph to disappear )

Lack of equal opportunities? How so? And blacks stereotype whites all the time. Look at most black comedians for example. But whites don't act out the stereotypes. In many cases, what people often refer to as "stereotypes," is just plain reality. As far as parents go they are the number one influence in their child's life and they are ultimately responsible for their children's behavior. What I take away from your rant is that black culture is a primary contributor to black ill's but whites are to blame for their culture. I disagree that white people have an ounce of responsibility for the current state of blacks in America. If that were so we should apply the same standard to Asians.
I stand by my opinion, and understand yours.

What an original idea for a thread!! I can't wait to read all of the thoughtful responses.

What a great country we live in. The is so much concern for the lives of black people coming from you all on the right....I think I might cry.

I spend quite a bit of time in the burbs. Imagine my surprise to find oodles of black middle class people acting just like normal people.
And that is the entire point.

Those middle class black Americans act like other middle class Americans. Those that are acting like thugs are not middle class.

It is that culture that brings them down – not their race or racists.

Those middle class blacks often run away from lower class blacks. They immerse themselves in white culture and their kids go to white schools. They are often therefore shielded from the negative effects of black culture. Place them back in a majority black area and they will act as the majority black population does.

You will never see a long line of white people brawling outside a shoe store for the latest set of Air-Jordan's.
You will rarely see a white thug playing the "knockout game."
A 75% illegitimacy rate among black children is the norm.
The africanization of black child names.
Ebonics

These are cultural attributes.

You asshole. White people often riot and vandalize after their team wins a sports championship.

Lack of equal opportunities? How so? And blacks stereotype whites all the time. Look at most black comedians for example. But whites don't act out the stereotypes. In many cases, what people often refer to as "stereotypes," is just plain reality. As far as parents go they are the number one influence in their child's life and they are ultimately responsible for their children's behavior. What I take away from your rant is that black culture is a primary contributor to black ill's but whites are to blame for their culture. I disagree that white people have an ounce of responsibility for the current state of blacks in America. If that were so we should apply the same standard to Asians.

2hdb8rm.jpg

What did you say, punk?

2n9vz93.jpg

Boy be talking some bullshit, man!

2hdb8rm.jpg

What did you say, punk?

I love it when people find an exception to the rule and try to make it the rule rather than the exception.

I spend quite a bit of time in the burbs. Imagine my surprise to find oodles of black middle class people acting just like normal people.

Those middle class black Americans act like other middle class Americans. Those that are acting like thugs are not middle class.

Those middle class blacks often run away from lower class blacks. They immerse themselves in white culture and their kids go to white schools. They are often therefore shielded from the negative effects of black culture. Place them back in a majority black area and they will act as the majority black population does.
It is not ‘white’ culture either.

You seem far to hung up on the racial aspect as though you are trying to justify a negative view on blacks rather than actually interested in the culture aspect.

This exchange is reading like a justification after the judgment rather than the other way around.

What an original idea for a thread!! I can't wait to read all of the thoughtful responses.

What a great country we live in. The is so much concern for the lives of black people coming from you all on the right....I think I might cry.

And I am sure that not one thoughtful post will be made by the far left drones such as your self.

You will never see a long line of white people brawling outside a shoe store for the latest set of Air-Jordan's.
You will rarely see a white thug playing the "knockout game."
A 75% illegitimacy rate among black children is the norm.
The africanization of black child names.
Ebonics

These are cultural attributes.

You asshole. White people often riot and vandalize after their team wins a sports championship.

Often? Try rarely. Do you want to go for a one for one tally of black riots vs. white riots?

I wouldn't say Black culture per say Urban thug culture yes.

Whites have responsibility for a lot of it. Many in the white community keep the idea of black victim hood alive and well. They get votes and personally profit from it.

Note to Black America: If a white person tells you you're a victim and you cannot succeed due to racism or history....please tell that white person to go fuck them self. They are not trying to help you or your community.
It's cons that tell them that. Do you actually read threads on this forum?

Negative. Democrats/liberals have been feeding the black/gay/Hispanic/female/etc. the idea for years that they are victims and that they are the only protection they will be provided. They aren't capable of taking care of themselves without the liberal states protection. The message is sent loud and clear every day. To deny it just makes you look like the moron you are.

I wouldn't say Black culture per say Urban thug culture yes.

Whites have responsibility for a lot of it. Many in the white community keep the idea of black victim hood alive and well. They get votes and personally profit from it.

Note to Black America: If a white person tells you you're a victim and you cannot succeed due to racism or history....please tell that white person to go fuck them self. They are not trying to help you or your community.
It's cons that tell them that. Do you actually read threads on this forum?

Cons preach victimhood to blacks?

:wtf:

No they're too busy crying about their own victimhood.

The left often wants to blame racism as the primary cause of the ill's experienced by the black community. This issue has worked its way deep into policy decisions to help "level the playing field." So I ask the question, is it really racism that plagues the black community or black culture?

I think Jew culture is what Hitler objected to.

So objecting to a culture makes you a racist?

Jimmy Rabbitte: Do you not get it, lads? The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud.

It is not ‘white’ culture either.

You seem far to hung up on the racial aspect as though you are trying to justify a negative view on blacks rather than actually interested in the culture aspect.

This exchange is reading like a justification after the judgment rather than the other way around.[/QUOTE/]

Whites have always had this love/hate relationship with what they viewed as "black culture"

Just look at 19th century pop music.

I think Jew culture is what Hitler objected to.

So objecting to a culture makes you a racist?

Jimmy Rabbitte: Do you not get it, lads? The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud.

"Black Pride:" The term alludes to a skin color but we all really know it references a culture. More and more it references a counter culture that promotes deviation away from white culture. If white culture means rule of law and western civilization, "black pride" hopes the achieve the opposite in a sense of solidarity with their own counterculture. Therefore, you hang your pants around your knees, speak Ebonics, give your child an Africaized name, and blame whites for everything thats wrong with you. That's "black pride."

Forum List

Back