Is Comey now free to publicly speak his mind?

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation" :eusa_liar:

Screen-Shot-2015-07-15-at-11.00.46-AM.jpg

March 20, 2017

Less than forty minutes into the hearing, James Comey, the director of the F.B.I., provided the latest official confirmation that the “Russian story” is not “FAKE NEWS.” It is, rather, the most serious legal scandal to confront a sitting President in nearly two decades. In an extraordinary public statement, Comey disclosed not only that the bureau is investigating Russian meddling in the campaign but that it is also looking at what relationship the Trump campaign might have had to that meddling.

“The F.B.I., as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 Presidential election,” Comey said. “And that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coördination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

The Trump Campaign Has Been Under Investigation Since July

Last edited:
Trump asserts Comey told him he’s not under investigation

:eusa_liar: :rolleyes:

President Donald Trump asserted in his extraordinary letter firing James Comey that the ousted FBI director told him three times he's not under investigation, a questionable claim that if true would be a startling breach of protocol.

"Wouldn't happen," said one former federal prosecutor who led criminal cases against public officials.

Comey has publicly confirmed the FBI is investigating possible contacts between the Trump presidential campaign and Russia.

That is unknown for sure. Maybe the investigations will answer that.
So no one has evidence but somehow they know it happened! How? Why?

The FBI and 17 intelligence agencies have proof of lots of stuff. We also know that Assange disseminated the hacked emails for Russia. Can't you wait for the investigations to conclude?
What stuff?

Recorded conversations between Trump people and Russians. That fact has been made public several times. Do you have a memory problem - or just a very selective memory?
Why were the democrats recording Trump people?
The Russians were being recorded...that is what the intelligence agencies do. Trump's people just got caught up in it.

There is one simple question to ask oneself: IF Comey had still been investigating "Crooked Hillary" instead of Trump - would he have been fired? I think not.

another one that believes that the investigation walked out the door with Comey...

:bang3::bang3:
Yeah sure Trump is going to put an Investigative Bull dog in charge of Investigating Trump LOL...Trump is bringing in a "Fixer" to "Fix" the Investigation
Maybe he'll put Ivanka in charge of the investigation.

Considering the cold-blooded manner in which he was fired - what does he have to lose?

It would be nice--but I don't believe he'll be able to say anything until this investigation is over. He has been invited back to the Senate next week to testify--and I imagine under oath he would be able to answer anything he is asked at this time.

But what to watch for are the leaks. There are many in the FBI and DOJ that were fond of James Comey and if they feel he was treated unfairly--or that Trump fired Comey to usurp the Russian investigation then they'll do a slow waterboarding torture of leaking information.

Comey says goodbye. Sounds like he's being pragmatic about it. Or at least not wearing his heart on his sleeve, for once.

To all:
I have long believed that a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all. I'm not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed. I hope you won't either. It is done, and I will be fine, although I will miss you and the mission deeply.

I have said to you before that, in times of turbulence, the American people should see the FBI as a rock of competence, honesty, and independence. What makes leaving the FBI hard is the nature and quality of its people, who together make it that rock for America.
It is very hard to leave a group of people who are committed only to doing the right thing. My hope is that you will continue to live our values and the mission of protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution.
If you do that, you too will be sad when you leave, and the American people will be safer.
Working with you has been one of the great joys of my life. Thank you for that gift.
Jim Comey

Considering the cold-blooded manner in which he was fired - what does he have to lose?

Considering the fact that he's managed to piss off both the Republican Party power brokers AND the Democrat Party power brokers, his life.

His best bet is to slink off quietly and hope everyone forgets he still exists.
Interesting. You think he could get killed?

Trump was too fucking stupid to get him to sign non-disclosure agreement ...

Comey never signed a non-disclosure agreement?

and he's been with the Bureau how long?

hes now a private citizen living in AMERICA and can say anything he wants to, AND WRITE BOOKS ABOUT IT ..

ponder that
I wonder if he will tell us if Hillary is guilty or stupid as hell. It's one or the other, said out of his own mouth.

Forum List

Back