Zone1 Is God a sadist?

Again, a translation problem.

How does translation change the cruel God in those parables?

How do you translate torturing Job, killing the first born of Egypt or flooding the world to make it less cruel?

God was regretful, not vengeful.

"And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
No, actually. Per the fable, an angry, vindictive (vengeful) God wanted to wipe'em all out.

11 Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

No, actually. Per the fable, an angry, vindictive (vengeful) God wanted to wipe'em all out.

11 Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.
God made a simple statement. I don't detect anger or vengeance.

God made a simple statement. I don't detect anger or vengeance.
A simple statement that anticipates total death and destruction.

Simple statement: ''I'm going to the post office''

Not so much: ''kill'em all''.

God was regretful, not vengeful.

"And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."

God: I regret that I have to kill all these innocent babies, puppies and kittens

God: I regret that I have to kill all these innocent babies, puppies and kittens
Deformed babies and diseased pets.

PETA kills tens of thousands of perfectly healthy animals, and it doesn't raise an eyebrow. Millions of perfectly healthy human fetuses have been killed and the bloodbath is celebrated. Give us a break.

Last edited:
IF there is a "god" out there, it is nothing but a juvenile, narcissistic, ego-maniacal, lying, two-faced, hypocritical sack of doggie doo. Religions are nothing but hypocrisy, lies, hate, and power mad narcissists using religion to fleece the sheeples for their own personal uses.

You can't ignore the instruction manual and expect the thing to work properly. ;)
But, according to the fables, the gods gave man free will. You can't make an instruction manual that doesn't apply to the things you're instructing.

The ''grand scale'', thing. Deformed babies, diseased pets, disease of all kinds could have been prevented by the gods with a better design. Are the gods responsible for only a select component of existence?

Forum List

Back