Zone1 Is God a sadist?

Or maybe an abolitionist?

the metaphysical responsible for life on earth - and everything else ... is not related to the desert religions in almost every aspect of thought possible. dispelling those errant religions is the first order for societies survival.

newly written and accurate scriptures is the solution.

the metaphysical responsible for life on earth - and everything else ... is not related to the desert religions in almost every aspect of thought possible. dispelling those errant religions is the first order for societies survival.

newly written and accurate scriptures is the solution.
??
Newly written and accurate??
Pray tell just how is that possible?
The first thing any person who has spent more than 15 minutes studying the Christian bible origins learns is that the Bible is only a small collection of writings. Many of the books are written by people who are not the person that you think wrote it.
There exist literally 1000s of other writings and collections that are not in the KJV. Just how on earth could anyone possibly know, for sure, which of these writings is "ordained" and what is not???
You can't.

But, according to the fables, the gods gave man free will. You can't make an instruction manual that doesn't apply to the things you're instructing.
We have free will; the ability to choose good or evil. We have largely chosen evil, and are paying the price.

We have free will; the ability to choose good or evil. We have largely chosen evil, and are paying the price.
That is very gray.
What a person does in life has a lot more to do with how he/she was raised than what they, themselves, decide.
My philosophy on raining my own children was just that - you are not raising children. You are raising future adults.
That is an entirely different approach.

But, according to the fables, the gods gave man free will. You can't make an instruction manual that doesn't apply to the things you're instructing.

God's instructions weren't hidden. People just refused them, just as today.

Deuteronomy 30:14
"But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it."

That is very gray.
What a person does in life has a lot more to do with how he/she was raised than what they, themselves, decide.
My philosophy on raining my own children was just that - you are not raising children. You are raising future adults.
That is an entirely different approach.
We teach our children in language and terms that they can understand.

"When I was a child...I understood as a child..." 1 Cor 13:11

Last edited:
The ''grand scale'', thing. Deformed babies, diseased pets, disease of all kinds could have been prevented by the gods with a better design. Are the gods responsible for only a select component of existence?
Isn't it a shame human love and ability is such that all of us cannot truly seem to truly love that which is deformed or ill? Shouldn't we be awed that God is a being who is able to love beyond and despite the deformity or the illness?

Isn't it a shame human love and ability is such that all of us cannot truly seem to truly love that which is deformed or ill? Shouldn't we be awed that God is a being who is able to love beyond and despite the deformity or the illness?
Well... devils advocate to that would say otherwise.
The Biblical God taught via most faiths requires a lot. A lot.
If you don't literally worship his existence constantly, you will be punished in the most violent and torturous way imaginable.
This same God taught in Christian faith, killed millions of people because they didn't worship him and lived their lives outside of faith.
And not only killed them, but will torture them forever.
Hmm.... yeah... despite deformity... I don't think so

When confronted with the question of evil, evangelical and fundamentalist Christians invoke a couple different stock answers, one being that man has free will, and man chose to fall and therefore invite evil into existence. Another answer is that of a yin and yang relationship; bitter does not exist without sweet; life does not exist without death; good does not exist without evil.

But pat answers like these only generate more rebuttals. For one, if God’s creation were perfect and chose evil, then His creation was not really perfect. And if the creation of good required the creation of evil, then again Eden was not a perfect paradise to begin with.

And hence the question of evil continues to haunt mainstream circles; it never really gets an answer that satisfies a political prisoner, a disfigured child, or an abused wife. Post-enlightenment gurus ask this question of evangelicals not so much to seek answers but rather to inflame a culture war between the religious and the secular and to saddle the church with a problem that the church need not solve, for eradicating evil from the planet was never the church’s mandate.
For one, if God’s creation were perfect ...

from antiquity, the religion does not accomplish perfection which does not exist - but rather requires purity for a spirit to free itself for admission to the everlasting.

??
Newly written and accurate??
Pray tell just how is that possible?
The first thing any person who has spent more than 15 minutes studying the Christian bible origins learns is that the Bible is only a small collection of writings. Many of the books are written by people who are not the person that you think wrote it.
There exist literally 1000s of other writings and collections that are not in the KJV. Just how on earth could anyone possibly know, for sure, which of these writings is "ordained" and what is not???
You can't.

since the crucifiers wrote their version the c bible, humanity has been trying to right the course ever since ... the metaphysical is determinable when given a chance.

It's true that it's possible to see God as good and also possible to see God as neutral, but my thinking is that there actually IS a God out there that doesn't change from good to neutral and back depending on how people feel at the moment.

My thinking is that God IS. We have to deal w/ it, and my experience is that God is good.
I generally agree.

there actually IS a God out there
One could say "in here / out there."

As opposed to a world where a vengeful God kills them all?
All living things die. So what, we're saying that everything that God gives life to God kills.

LOL!!! Your logic seems solid here but there's something missing. Like, would we prefer God to make all life permanent or are we happy with God killing everything?

This is giving me a headache...

All living things die. So what, we're saying that everything that God gives life to God kills.

LOL!!! Your logic seems solid here but there's something missing. Like, would we prefer God to make all life permanent or are we happy with God killing everything?

What a nasty and indifferent view of God

Who would want to worship a God who behaves like that?

physiology dissolves into the atmosphere when no longer functional, what happens to its unique spiritual content would be something different.

When people make bad decisions, they should pay a price. If the bad decisions result in criminal acts, the price can be jail. Any crime I may commit against anyone else has here and now consequences. It's not pleasant to think there's no "ultimate justice" out there. It sucks to realize that a dead Hitler is beyond suffering for his cruelties. But it's the truth. And we need the truth to function properly.

Forum List

Back