Is God Punishing Haiti?

It is false doctrine JenT, what Pat proclaims is not Christian....

Christ specifically stated that bad things happening to people in manmade disasters or natural disasters is NOT punishment for their sins.

Yes, it is a time for all of us to repent...come to terms with ourselves, because life on earth is short, but NO ONE is being punished for the sins of the father.

Christ died for our sins, once and for ALL....there is no punishment from God put down upon us here on earth that He purposefully caused and is taking vengeance on...at least NOT according to Christ.

Luke 13

1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices.

2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way?

3I tell you, no!

But unless you repent, you too will all perish. (in your next life)

4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem?

5I tell you, no!

But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

So NO, Pat Robertson can not represent Christians, and take this stance, without us calling it out as being FALSE, and AGAINST what Christ has taught us about it...imo.

Care

Care, I read that as one sin is not worse than another, all sin leads to death. Whether its lying or murder or lust or coveting...it's all sin and all of it needs to be dealt with.

I'd have to hear what he said again and I don't have time right now, but I do remember something about judgment beginning at the house of the Lord. And since we're the only nation that promoted Christianity to the depths that we have, founding America on Judeo-Christian principles (England is a close second) I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this doesn't start happening with us.

I'm not even saying THIS is the end times, I'm just saying it's in our future. Earthquakes are supposed to start happening like birth pangs, swarms and then quiet, swarms and then quiet, more and more frequently, has it started yet? I don't know. But what I do know is Pat is thinking about God and what He said in the Bible and is looking to see if it's starting. I think many of us do with every earthquake.

Just before that verse you posted, it says:

54 Then He also said to the multitudes, “Whenever you see a cloud rising out of the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming’; and so it is. 55 And when you see the south wind blow, you say, ‘There will be hot weather’; and there is. 56 Hypocrites! You can discern the face of the sky and of the earth, but how is it you do not discern this time?"

Pat's just trying to discern it and not explaining himself very well, IMO

Forgive me but who appointed Pat Robertson the judge of what Gods punishment is and is not. I rather doubt a 1 month old child mashed flat by a building and now laying on the side of a road somewhere had little understand of how their actions may have offended God to the point where God would have done such a thing. In short rather than have compassion for others as a CHRISTIAN should he would spend this tragic moment looking for ways to try and justify the reason why it happened as if they were deseving of it. I submit that Pat Robertson knows little of what it means to be a christian or he would have not made such a statement. I tend to think more and more Barry Goldwater was right when he talked about Falwell and perhaps we should consider doing the same here.

“I think every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass.”
Barry Goldwater

So Pat doesn't have the right to speak now because you can't handle his interpretation of what God said?

Is Pat allowed to think his own thoughts or would you object to that too?

I take it you're an Obama fan.

Meanwhile Pat has been working and asking people to support those in Haiti, have you?

btw, that child that you spoke of...that's not the end of him or her, just the beginning. We don't lose our lives, we lose the bodies. Children, I believe, arrive safely in heaven, that's what King David wrote.
Who is shutting Robertson up? Why am I not surprised to see you take up for him?
Why am I not surprised she immediately jumps onto 'you have no right to censor him' when no one suggested it?

Methinks she can't handle people criticizing him.

ROBERTSON IS A SLIMEBALL AND IS LOWER THAN AN AMBULANCE CHASER.

Haiti was the worlds largest sugar producer until the US decided to promote corn sweeteners. There was also an embargo and a coup.
No, it wasn't god.

It is false doctrine JenT, what Pat proclaims is not Christian....

Christ specifically stated that bad things happening to people in manmade disasters or natural disasters is NOT punishment for their sins.

Yes, it is a time for all of us to repent...come to terms with ourselves, because life on earth is short, but NO ONE is being punished for the sins of the father.

Christ died for our sins, once and for ALL....there is no punishment from God put down upon us here on earth that He purposefully caused and is taking vengeance on...at least NOT according to Christ.

Luke 13

1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices.

2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way?

3I tell you, no!

But unless you repent, you too will all perish. (in your next life)

4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem?

5I tell you, no!

But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

So NO, Pat Robertson can not represent Christians, and take this stance, without us calling it out as being FALSE, and AGAINST what Christ has taught us about it...imo.

Care

Care, I read that as one sin is not worse than another, all sin leads to death. Whether its lying or murder or lust or coveting...it's all sin and all of it needs to be dealt with.

I'd have to hear what he said again and I don't have time right now, but I do remember something about judgment beginning at the house of the Lord. And since we're the only nation that promoted Christianity to the depths that we have, founding America on Judeo-Christian principles (England is a close second) I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this doesn't start happening with us.

I'm not even saying THIS is the end times, I'm just saying it's in our future. Earthquakes are supposed to start happening like birth pangs, swarms and then quiet, swarms and then quiet, more and more frequently, has it started yet? I don't know. But what I do know is Pat is thinking about God and what He said in the Bible and is looking to see if it's starting. I think many of us do with every earthquake.

Just before that verse you posted, it says:

54 Then He also said to the multitudes, “Whenever you see a cloud rising out of the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming’; and so it is. 55 And when you see the south wind blow, you say, ‘There will be hot weather’; and there is. 56 Hypocrites! You can discern the face of the sky and of the earth, but how is it you do not discern this time?"

Pat's just trying to discern it and not explaining himself very well, IMO

You are stark raving INSANE!!!

You know what Jen you exemplify EVERYTHING VILE about Christianity. You are a BIGOT and a HYPOCRITE. You CLAIM to be a Christian but you don't even know what Christianity is all about. As an ATHIEST I am MORE Christian than YOU! You MAKE ME SICK in a way that NOBODY on ANY board has EVER done.

A TRUE Christian would spend more time READING her Bible and less time THUMPING it!

Last edited:
Forgive me but who appointed Pat Robertson the judge of what Gods punishment is and is not. I rather doubt a 1 month old child mashed flat by a building and now laying on the side of a road somewhere had little understand of how their actions may have offended God to the point where God would have done such a thing. In short rather than have compassion for others as a CHRISTIAN should he would spend this tragic moment looking for ways to try and justify the reason why it happened as if they were deseving of it. I submit that Pat Robertson knows little of what it means to be a christian or he would have not made such a statement. I tend to think more and more Barry Goldwater was right when he talked about Falwell and perhaps we should consider doing the same here.

“I think every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass.”
Barry Goldwater
Barry. An interesting name. Barry Obama, Barry Goldwater. hmmm, nice ring to it.

Goldwater was a conservative with principle. I don't know that I would ever have voted for him, but I do know I respected the heck out of that man.

I would vote for Goldwater in a SECOND!

Pat holds a view of Christianity that is based on "God likes me better than he likes you" He uses this to hold his view of Christian behavior up as an example for all to follow. Those who don't are devils and deserving of whatever ills befall them.
Same guy who said we deserved 9-11 because of immoral behavior

Are you sure it was Pat Robertson? I thought it was Jerry Falwell, but I don't listen to either one of them so I am not really sure.

Immie

Pat holds a view of Christianity that is based on "God likes me better than he likes you" He uses this to hold his view of Christian behavior up as an example for all to follow. Those who don't are devils and deserving of whatever ills befall them.

Are you sure it was Pat Robertson? I thought it was Jerry Falwell, but I don't listen to either one of them so I am not really sure.

Immie
Falwell said it, Robertson agreed.

Immie
Falwell said it, Robertson agreed.

Thanks, I was pretty sure it was Falwell and it doesn't surprise me that Robertson seconded it.

Immie

Immie

It was both of them.

Libs where willing to over look and forgive Reid's racist comments based on the supposed good work he has done for AA's. They do the same for people like Rev. Wright and Jesse Jackson.
Why no pass for Robertson based on the good works he provides?

The Obama administration has people who hold some pretty disturbing views and have said some unbelievable things in their not so distant past.

I am not defending Robertson, but I also can acknowledge some calling for his condemnation are hypocrites all their own.

You know what Jen you exemplify EVERYTHING VILE about Christianity. You are a BIGOT and a HYPOCRITE. You CLAIM to be a Christian but you don't even know what Christianity is all about. As an ATHIEST I am MORE Christian than YOU! You MAKE ME SICK in a way that NOBODY on ANY board has EVER done.

A TRUE Christian would spend more time READING her Bible and less time THUMPING it!

oh now my feelings are hurt :lol:

Forum List

Back