Is “I like guns” and “I support fiscal responsibility” alone enough to be considered ‘Right’?

The OP assumes the right supports fiscal responsibility.

Negative
The OP assumes that fiscal responsibility is a component of old school, traditional conservative practice.

Some of us on the Right have always supported fiscal responsibility and still do. But these days, fiscal responsibility doesn't sell at the voting booth, the effing Dems will jump all over your ass when you start talking about spending cuts. Which is where most of the fiscal irresponsibility lies, not in revenue but in spending.

When was the last time you voted for a fiscally responsible candidate for president?

Negative
The OP assumes that fiscal responsibility is a component of old school, traditional conservative practice.

Some of us on the Right have always supported fiscal responsibility and still do. But these days, fiscal responsibility doesn't sell at the voting booth, the effing Dems will jump all over your ass when you start talking about spending cuts. Which is where most of the fiscal irresponsibility lies, not in revenue but in spending.

What a cop out. So America will never know fiscal responsibility again because the other party will bitch about spending cuts? So what?!? Let them bitch! That isn't a reasonable excuse! What is a reasonable excuse is that neither party has been interested in paying down our debt since Clinton.

Maybe I should have elaborated a little further. The Dems can howl at the moon for all eternity for all I care, but if the GOP tries to cut spending or balance the budget then the hue and cry will get them thrown out of office, or at least back to being the minority party. The desire for fiscal responsibility is not one of the major issues that the country as a whole cares about these days, and that is really on all of us. Future generations are being fucked and no one seems to realize it or care about it.

Negative

What a cop out. So America will never know fiscal responsibility again because the other party will bitch about spending cuts? So what?!? Let them bitch! That isn't a reasonable excuse! What is a reasonable excuse is that neither party has been interested in paying down our debt since Clinton.

Maybe I should have elaborated a little further. The Dems can howl at the moon for all eternity for all I care, but if the GOP tries to cut spending or balance the budget then the hue and cry will get them thrown out of office, or at least back to being the minority party. The desire for fiscal responsibility is not one of the major issues that the country as a whole cares about these days, and that is really on all of us. Future generations are being fucked and no one seems to realize it or care about it.

Remember when politicians stood by their principles, no matter the outcome? Yeah, me neither.

Forum List

Back