Is it "Congress's" Constitutional Duty To Raise The Debt Ceiling?

Yet another lie. Like I said, and you prove in almost every post, you can't post without lying.

I didn't say they "remained the same," I said they "remained about the same." Which the did. You even posted...

$3.32 trillion in 2017, $3.33 trillion in 2018, $3.46 trillion in 2019, $3.42 trillion in 2020

That would qualify as "about the same."
No that is not "about" the same....we saw a spike from 2018-2019, even during the pandemic it was higher then prior to the cuts, and it's continued to boom to nearly a trillion dollars more a year. Thanks

Yes, that proved my point...tax revenue has skyrocketed since Trump's tax cuts.

It's hardly my fault you can't either read the graph, or accept it.

They skyrocketed in 2021 & 2022 since Reagan's tax cuts too. So what's your point?

They skyrocketed in 2021 & 2022 since Reagan's tax cuts too. So what's your point?
I haven't said anything about Reagan's tax cuts...tax policies changed a number of times since then.

What's your point?

Obviously the national debt went from $3 trillion to $37 trillion mostly due to illegal wars.
So we need to stop with the illegal wars, like the Ukraine, Syria, the War on Drugs, etc.

But any debt should be illegal (except in dire emergencies like being attacked).
Debt is actually stealing from our children.

What we should do instead is cut military spending or sell stuff, like Puerto Rico, Guantanamo, ships, planes, tanks, etc.

Think about it. Karine Jean-Pierre says:

“You’ve heard from the president multiple times during the last five months. He’s been very clear,” she said. “You’ve heard from the president; you’ve heard from the economic team; you’ve heard from Democrats, the leadership in the House, in the Senate talk — speak to this about the urgency, about Congress actually needing to act and doing their constitutional duty.”

So, if it was set up that it is up to Congress to raise the debt ceiling then that pretty much means that it isn't an automatic thing if they have to decide to do it. So, it is not Congress's Constitutional duty to just raise the debt ceiling automatically because it was set up that they debate it.

Further, I find it fairly amusing that some Democrats want to use the 14th amendment from 1868 to override a law from 1917.

Not to mention, Republicans in the House have already passed a debt ceiling increase. We're waiting on the Senate and Biden to pass it into law.

No, its their constitutional duty to balance the budget.

No that is not "about" the same....we saw a spike from 2018-2019, even during the pandemic it was higher then prior to the cuts, and it's continued to boom to nearly a trillion dollars more a year. Thanks

That 4% "spike" was due to an additional 2½ million jobs during that year, not the tax cuts. :eusa_doh:

Let me explain.

When I kick you sniveling imbeciles in the teeth - with the facts, you report my posts.

If I suggest we look at the ACTUAL FACTS, that's about as far from fucking "trolling" as you can get.
I have never reported you

So go cry on someone else’s shoulder

Obviously the national debt went from $3 trillion to $37 trillion mostly due to illegal wars.
So we need to stop with the illegal wars, like the Ukraine, Syria, the War on Drugs, etc.

But any debt should be illegal (except in dire emergencies like being attacked).
Debt is actually stealing from our children.

What we should do instead is cut military spending or sell stuff, like Puerto Rico, Guantanamo, ships, planes, tanks, etc.
There is waste in the military budget and it should be cut, the entire federal budget could be cut by 20% and none of us would notice it.

why would I even attempt that? It's obviously not true

I didn't say you should. You asked what it proved. It proved the tax cuts did not cause the increase in receipts for the last couple of years.

Forum List

Back