Is it "Congress's" Constitutional Duty To Raise The Debt Ceiling?

Clearly the Constitution implies a balanced budget normally, since any deficit spending is factually stealing from our children.
The only reason to not put that in writing is that there are too many possible emergencies we have to trust our representatives to handle as then think best.
Actually there isn't even an implied balancing of the budget. The constitution only speaks of bills to raise revenue have to begin in the "peoples" house, so that the people have the most direct influence over those responsible.

And if you look at the budget roll up until 1917, the house would budget an expense, along with a source of revenue to pay for it, and if the source was inadequate, they would include an authorization to issue bonds (debt) to pay for it.

Clearly the Constitution implies a balanced budget normally, since any deficit spending is factually stealing from our children.
The only reason to not put that in writing is that there are too many possible emergencies we have to trust our representatives to handle as then think best.
Inflation does not just steal from children, it robs workers & savers. The wealth flows to politically connected, wallstreet elites & owners.

I don't know.
I've been trying, teabaggers just don't listen.

WTF? RETARD.
I just explained it to you dumbfuck.
See above, teabaggers either ignore words, don't understand words or are, just STUPID.
Just like their dear leader.
House passed a bill! Demofks want to change that, it’s called negotiating. Xiden said fk you

What's "vague" about addressing the actual numbers?

What pisses you off is that I don't accept, at face value, the garbage you swallow from media you won't name.
What numbers?

That could mean practically anything

Are you too lazy to post the numbers and state exactly what they mean to you?

What numbers?

That could mean practically anything

Are you too lazy to post the numbers and state exactly what they mean to you?
The context is federal spending.

They track those numbers.

Your problem is that you can't take the 4th or 8th root of anything....

Not necessarily policies but other factors which drove up tax revenues since Trump's tax cuts had a negligible effect...

Collecting taxes on the trillions of dollars the government doled out in covid relief.

Inflation.

13 million jobs added under Biden.

Increases in wages.
yes increase wages and jobs directly related to the tax cuts

we aren’t collecting tax revenue from covid relief in 2022, 2020, 2019, or 2018

inflation doesn’t change the tax rate. it would impact sales taxes which the feds don’t collect

I have.

My point is that your opinions on this topic aren't in any way informed by the data.

Nod
You sure are full of nuthin’

My stated position is that federal spending rises faster than tax revenue.

And that is cauding our massive debt

A fact that you cant plausibly deny do instead you try to ignore it

Social Security and Medicare are "free government shit?"

Yes, nothing is saved so it's paid by current earners just like every other welfare program. SSA = Medicare = welfare. You aren't paying a dime for your welfare retirement programs, your kids will pay it.. 31 trillion and growing exponentially, that's what you're doing to your kids. They will pay your bills and get nothing for it, leach

Disabled veterans get "free government shit?"
Retired veterans get "free government shit?"

Perhaps you should go get some "free government shit." As a severely retarded chimp I'm sure you qualify.

This was my point, you didn't grasp the difference between job benefits and welfare. These are job benefits, not welfare. Go fuck yourself, lying bitch

yes increase wages and jobs directly related to the tax cuts

we aren’t collecting tax revenue from covid relief in 2022, 2020, 2019, or 2018

inflation doesn’t change the tax rate. it would impact sales taxes which the feds don’t collect

The tax cuts had no effect on job growth. Growth continued at the same rate in 2018 & 2019 as it did the 8 years prior...

Screenshot_20230528_143932_Samsung Internet.jpg

Covid stimulus was paid out during fiscal years 2020, 2021 & 2022.

Inflation impacts everything, including tax revenues. You're as stupid as you are dishonest.

The tax cuts had no effect on job growth. Growth continued at the same rate in 2018 & 2019 as it did the 8 years prior...

View attachment 789553

Covid stimulus was paid out during fiscal years 2020, 2021 & 2022.

Inflation impacts everything, including tax revenues. You're as stupid as you are dishonest.
of court the did, we full employment

haha yeah, to make up for not working a few thousand bucks haha that didn’t translate to a trillion dollars in revenue haha

Yes, nothing is saved so it's paid by current earners just like every other welfare program. SSA = Medicare = welfare. You aren't paying a dime for your welfare retirement programs, your kids will pay it.. 31 trillion and growing exponentially, that's what you're doing to your kids. They will pay your bills and get nothing for it, leach

This was my point, you didn't grasp the difference between job benefits and welfare. These are job benefits, not welfare. Go fuck yourself, lying bitch
God you're stupid.

SS is a job benefit. You don't get it unless you pay in.

and

You're admitting that taxes need to be raised.

Good idea.

FxOmYMWWwAIfthe

Last edited:
House passed a bill! Demofks want to change that, it’s called negotiating. Xiden said fk you
I would have too.
Teabaggers want to negotiate the restaurant dinner tab.
Instead of paying the bill, they submit their own bill.

Too bad the government doesn't do that with the teabaggers congressional salary.
Instead of $174,000 a year, tell them they are only getting $85,000.

I would have too.
Teabaggers want to negotiate the restaurant dinner tab.
Instead of paying the bill, they submit their own bill.

Too bad the government doesn't do that with the teabaggers congressional salary.
Instead of $174,000 a year, tell them they are only getting $85,000.
you have a complete misunderstanding of the topic…which in shouldn’t be surprised about given you think the legislature and executive branches run the judicial

the topic isn’t arguing over the dinner bill, the topic how do we not run up a dinner bill like this so fast again. Xiden thankfully caved and had that discussion…many in his cult are furious as they continue to want to order the Porterhouse at Ruth Chris

you have a complete misunderstanding of the topic…which in shouldn’t be surprised about given you think the legislature and executive branches run the judicial
THIS, again you moron?
You don't understand SHIT.
Thanks to that fine Trump U. correspondence school "degree" you paid for.
the topic isn’t arguing over the dinner bill,
YES, it is..........IDIOT.
the topic how do we not run up a dinner bill like this so fast again.
So, teabaggers order dinner, then claim they ordered too much, so they're not paying the bill, until they figure out how NOT to spend so much the next time they visit the restaurant.

Xiden thankfully caved and had that discussion…many in his cult are furious as they continue to want to order the Porterhouse at Ruth Chris
Teabaggers had no issue when Trump was president, of course, now there is a democrat in office, the hypocrisy comes out of the woodwork.

THIS, again you moron?
You don't understand SHIT.
Thanks to that fine Trump U. correspondence school "degree" you paid for.

YES, it is..........IDIOT.

So, teabaggers order dinner, then claim they ordered too much, so they're not paying the bill, until they figure out how NOT to spend so much the next time they visit the restaurant.

Teabaggers had no issue when Trump was president, of course, now there is a democrat in office, the hypocrisy comes out of the woodwork.
1) haha yes this again, your ignorance will always follow you.

Also while i didn’t take Trump U classes I believe it was about real estate investment, not govt

2) no, nobody was saying the debt didn’t exist nor shouldn’t be paid

3) again not correct, in fact the GOP passed a bill to pay for the debt

4) of course they had issues hence why they worked with trump and across the aisle to pass bipartisan legislation in 2019…something until this weekend xiden had refused to do

Forum List

Back