Is it "Congress's" Constitutional Duty To Raise The Debt Ceiling?

I didn't say you should. You asked what it proved. It proved the tax cuts did not cause the increase in receipts for the last couple of years.
huh? how in the world is showing that tax revenue has skyrocketed since the Trump tax cuts, prove the Trump tax cuts didn't cause it? what other tax policy has happened to impact it? Did Xiden and the Dems pass some sort of legilsation undoing the legislation? Provide a link please

I haven't said anything about Reagan's tax cuts...tax policies changed a number of times since then.

What's your point?

You said they skyrocketed "since" Trump's tax cuts. I'm highlighting that doesn't reflect causation by pointing out they've skyrocketed since Reagan's tax cuts too. Since Bush's tax cuts as well.

So what's your point?

huh? how in the world is showing that tax revenue has skyrocketed since the Trump tax cuts, prove the Trump tax cuts didn't cause it? what other tax policy has happened to impact it? Did Xiden and the Dems pass some sort of legilsation undoing the legislation? Provide a link please

Because they didn't skyrocket during the first 3 years after his tax cuts passed. Clearly, there are other factors at play over the last couple of years.

No, its their constitutional duty to balance the budget.
I hate to take the other side here, but, why would we need a balanced budget amendment if it was already in the Constitution to balance the budget? Clearly it is not. That's just wishful thinking.

Yet another lie. Like I said, and you prove in almost every post, you can't post without lying.

I didn't say they "remained the same," I said they "remained about the same." Which the did. You even posted...

$3.32 trillion in 2017, $3.33 trillion in 2018, $3.46 trillion in 2019, $3.42 trillion in 2020

That would qualify as "about the same."
Not only were tax revenue "about the same" but they were "bigly" under Trumps claim of his tax cts causing 5-6% GDP growth, and producing revenues based on doubling GDP.

How? that is exactly what both parties have been doing for decades, all in attempts to buy votes, are you that fucking ignorant?
Look at the data, do the math.

The idea of calculating the 4th or 8th root may be daunting, but there's a hack.

There is waste in the military budget and it should be cut, the entire federal budget could be cut by 20% and none of us would notice it.
This is the promise of cutting fraud and waste producing huge rewards. But as yo should know, there is a "cost" to policing fraud and waste. You have to hire people as watchdogs, and to actually oversee operations.

An example of that is Biden wanting to hire an additional 87,000 IRS employees to play the policing role.

You said they skyrocketed "since" Trump's tax cuts. I'm highlighting that doesn't reflect causation by pointing out they've skyrocketed since Reagan's tax cuts too. Since Bush's tax cuts as well.

So what's your point?
tax policies have changed since their cuts. while there was certainly positives after them, changes have been made

Because they didn't skyrocket during the first 3 years after his tax cuts passed. Clearly, there are other factors at play over the last couple of years.
skyrocketing refers to the years in total since the passage

what are those other factors? what tax policy did xiden put in to undo the trump cuts?

skyrocketing refers to the years in total since the passage

what are those other factors? what tax policy did xiden put in to undo the trump cuts?

Not necessarily policies but other factors which drove up tax revenues since Trump's tax cuts had a negligible effect...

Collecting taxes on the trillions of dollars the government doled out in covid relief.

Inflation.

13 million jobs added under Biden.

Increases in wages.

Clearly the Constitution implies a balanced budget normally, since any deficit spending is factually stealing from our children.
The only reason to not put that in writing is that there are too many possible emergencies we have to trust our representatives to handle as then think best.

In my opinion you were with your vague demand that I “review the numbers”

Whateverthat means
What's "vague" about addressing the actual numbers?

What pisses you off is that I don't accept, at face value, the garbage you swallow from media you won't name.

Forum List

Back