Is it foolish to call God, “Father”?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

As above, so below says the Lord’s Prayer.

God’s first legal decision has him demanding that Jesus be a human sacrifice to rescind God’s own condemnation of his own creation.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Quite good for Christians, --- while quite evil to others who do not condone human sacrifice, --- just because a God whose reality has yet to be shown demands it.

The main point is; would any father or mother who reads this O. P., ever choose such a sacrifice, given that other venues were available as they were with God?

Your own answer says that you would expect a Father to find another way and that such a God is not a worthy God.

Do you agree that to call God, Father, is to insult the word father, --- as no human father would be so evil.

Is it foolish to call God, Father?

Regards
DL

Considering how much He loves and forgives us, it would be foolish not to call Him Father.
And one more time:
No one demanded Christ come here. He did it of His own volition. He said so:

John 10:18 No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again.

But you know that already, it just crimps your style. :)

God’s first legal decision has him demanding that Jesus be a human sacrifice to rescind God’s own condemnation of his own creation.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Quite good for Christians, --- while quite evil to others who do not condone human sacrifice, --- just because a God whose reality has yet to be shown demands it.

The main point is; would any father or mother who reads this O. P., ever choose such a sacrifice, given that other venues were available as they were with God?

Your own answer says that you would expect a Father to find another way and that such a God is not a worthy God.

Do you agree that to call God, Father, is to insult the word father, --- as no human father would be so evil.

Regards
DL

Since He took responsibility for creation by dying on the cross for man's sins, I would say He is a good father.

Luke 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Luke 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Regards
DL

God has no gender, gender pronouns are used for convenience sake since 'It' sounds disparaging. Call God Aunty if it pleases you. Just as accurate/inaccurate as Father, Mother, Uncle. :)

Regards
DL

Evil is the correct word.

Its repugnant to me that people worship and imaginary creature who, they believe, murdered his own child. In fact, they worship BECAUSE he murdered his son.

Considering how much He loves and forgives us, it would be foolish not to call Him Father.
And one more time:
No one demanded Christ come here. He did it of His own volition. He said so:

John 10:18 No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again.

But you know that already, it just crimps your style. :)

Matthew 26:39 'And he went forward a little, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass away from me: nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt.'

In other words, it was the will of God that Jesus - his son - should die.

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

If you have to lie to make a point, then you already know that your religion is corrupt and so are your morals.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Since He took responsibility for creation by dying on the cross for man's sins, I would say He is a good father.

Luke 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Luke 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Well that was stupid of him. All he had to do was not condemn us.

How will you get yourself into heaven? On your own merit or via a scapegoat?

Revisit substitutionary atonement or vicarious redemption and scapegoating with me just to refresh your memory.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtBkOXItqw]Christ is Back in Christmas! - YouTube[/ame]

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty. Scapegoating IOW.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning as we all know that it is immoral to kill the innocent. God knows this yet Christians do not seem to. You do. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a son just to prove it's benevolence. When you die, Satan will ask you; how was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

If and when you say yes, you become his.

-----------------------------------

The other option in scriptures, a moral one, is shown here. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Scriptures indicate that God prefers repentance to sacrifice and as God’s will is supreme and cannot be thwarted, this will come to pass.

---------------------------------

It is a special distorted Christian view of love that sees, --- as the greatest act of love possible, --- their God condemning them, and then turning and demanding his son’s deaths and thus corrupting God's perfect justice. A bribe set by God as judge himself for himself. This is of course ridiculous.

Christians have an insane view of love, IMO.

Would you express your love for humanity or those you love by having your own child needlessly murdered?

Or if convinced that a sacrifice was somehow good, would you have the moral fortitude to step up yourself to that cross instead of sending your child?

Your cowardly God did not.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Yes just as it is foolish to call priests father.

One more thing.

I think we're glad that we have a loving Father.

Your loving Father tortures babies. You might wonder if that is Satan-like or God-like.

Many thin Satanic. They are right.

Regards
DL

Last edited by a moderator:
[

God has no gender, gender pronouns are used for convenience sake since 'It' sounds disparaging. Call God Aunty if it pleases you. Just as accurate/inaccurate as Father, Mother, Uncle. :)

Yes but the story has the Father having the Son needlessly murdered and no decent father would do such a thing. Right?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Yes just as it is foolish to call priests father.

Indeed. Especially the pedophile priests under the Vatican's protective umbrella.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Evil is the correct word.

Its repugnant to me that people worship and imaginary creature who, they believe, murdered his own child. In fact, they worship BECAUSE he murdered his son.

except He didn't do that at all................

You ask "Is it foolish to call God, “Father”? No, it is not. In fact, it is very correct and the way it should be. He has told us, however, not to call any Earth man 'father.' As there is only One true father and it is He.

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- MATTHEW 23:9 KJV

I do not believe that YHWH/ God/ Allah is restricted by gender as we humans are.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

God choose to use the masculine when He refers to himself.

He is beyond human, mortal words and conceptions...

But I call Him Father.

Forum List

Back