Is it Time to Change the Rule of Law in America?

Whether or not something is a legal process does not decide whether the presumption of innocence applies. Many legal processes have nothing whatsoever to do with guilt or innocence. Unless you can show where the presumption of innocence applies to a confirmation vote, legally, it does not apply here.

A marriage is a legal process, but there is no presumption of innocence, because there is no innocence or guilt involved.
Advice and Consent is based on FACTS... Credible and Corroborated FACTS.. Not fantasy allegations with no basis.. Again, your point fails..

I don't know what you think my point is, but you are clearly misapprehending it.

I don't think even you could "apprehend" your own point..... You seem to be running in circles looking for it...

My point, which others have also brought up, is that a vote on a Supreme Court nominee is not a trial and the legal concept of innocent until proven guilty does not apply. Legally Kavanaugh remains innocent of any crime, but there is no requirement for the representatives to vote based on his legal innocence, nor even to take his innocence or guilt into consideration.

Not every legal process involves the concept of innocent until proven guilty.

Whether the accusations are fantasy allegations or based on facts, the representatives who are voting are not legally required to assume Kavanaugh's innocence so far as I am aware. They are not even required to take his innocence or guilt into account in their voting.

The idea that the legal system is being changed by these accusations is ridiculous. The legal system has not presumed that Kavanaugh is guilty. What public opinion or the personal opinion of the representatives might be does not change Kavanaugh's legal presumption of innocence.

Still too unclear for you?
What has been portrayed in the press and by our politicians, Kavanaughs legal presumption of innocence has been challenged.
Kav has been convicted in the court of public opinion. I know this wasn't a criminal case. The optics I have witnessed made me wonder if liberals think its time to change the rule of law? You are one of the few from the left that gave a thought provoking answer to the question. Most gave responses which was why the question seemed relevant.

~~~~~~
So what is being touted by the DSA is that "Mob Justice" without any evidence is more than enough to lynch a person? I guess that the DSA has never stopped the use of lynching for more than 150 years. It will always e their modus operandi. The only difference today is they don't wear hoods and robes. Well...., except for their terrorist arm. the black clothes and masks worn by #Antifa.

Innocent until proven guilty. What con't you understand about that?

leftists want to rid the the idea behind the 4th 5th and 6th amendments and SC ruling in Nelson v. Colorado

as long as it applies to republicans and anyone they disagree with

the senator from Hawaii stated as much to wild cheering leftist supporters

We need a discussion on whether a person now should have to prove his innocence
than having an accuser having to prove the person's guilt.
During the Kavanaugh hearings, one party seemed to demand proof of innocence from
Kavanaugh. This same party did not demand the accuser to prove Kavanaugh's guilt.
This went so far as to have the MSM be complicit in their covering of the hearings.
This went so far as to have the 'grassroot gatherings' be complicit in the covering of
the hearings.
All three entities, the democrat party, the MSM, and the 'grassroot gatherers' all abandoned
what made the United States great with it's judicial system. They all demanded that an accused had to
prove his innocence, even when the evidence did not back the accuser.
Is it time to change our judicial system?
What say you?

So you want to release Bill Cosby, Jerry Sandusky & Dr Nassar from prison.

Some crimes are committed where there are no outside witnesses.

These are prosecuted & people covicted

Democrat Party's 2018 platform is based entirely on "Guilt by accusation".
Republicans are running on: Rape & sexual assault os OK if there are no witnesses.

Lying under oath is permissible if you are a Republican.

No, it just time to get rid of Demorats,

dems.png

Democrat Party's 2018 platform is based entirely on "Guilt by accusation".
Republicans are running on: Rape & sexual assault os OK if there are no witnesses.

Lying under oath is permissible if you are a Republican.
--------------------------------------- i don't think so , i think that rape and sex assault should be reported in timely fashion to proper authorities and whatever evidence should be gathered in a timely fashion RDave .

Whether or not something is a legal process does not decide whether the presumption of innocence applies. Many legal processes have nothing whatsoever to do with guilt or innocence. Unless you can show where the presumption of innocence applies to a confirmation vote, legally, it does not apply here.

A marriage is a legal process, but there is no presumption of innocence, because there is no innocence or guilt involved.
Advice and Consent is based on FACTS... Credible and Corroborated FACTS.. Not fantasy allegations with no basis.. Again, your point fails..

I don't know what you think my point is, but you are clearly misapprehending it.

I don't think even you could "apprehend" your own point..... You seem to be running in circles looking for it...

My point, which others have also brought up, is that a vote on a Supreme Court nominee is not a trial and the legal concept of innocent until proven guilty does not apply. Legally Kavanaugh remains innocent of any crime, but there is no requirement for the representatives to vote based on his legal innocence, nor even to take his innocence or guilt into consideration.

Whether the accusations are fantasy allegations or based on facts, the representatives who are voting are not legally required to assume Kavanaugh's innocence so far as I am aware. They are not even required to take his innocence or guilt into account in their voting.

The idea that the legal system is being changed by these accusations is ridiculous. The legal system has not presumed that Kavanaugh is guilty. What public opinion or the personal opinion of the representatives might be does not change Kavanaugh's legal presumption of innocence.

What has been portrayed in the press and by our politicians, Kavanaughs legal presumption of innocence has been challenged.
Kav has been convicted in the court of public opinion. I know this wasn't a criminal case. The optics I have witnessed made me wonder if liberals think its time to change the rule of law? You are one of the few from the left that gave a thought provoking answer to the question. Most gave responses which was why the question seemed relevant.

I'm not "from the left," but I appreciate the post.

I completely agree that too many people have seemingly assumed Kavanaugh's guilt based on partisan affiliation. To be fair, I think plenty of people probably believe in his innocence not because of the concept of innocent until proven guilty, but because of partisan affiliation.

Unfortunately you are almost certainly right that there are some extremists who would like to see the presumption of innocence degraded, if not done away with; in certain cases, at least. I don't think it is any sort of general movement among liberals, though. I certainly hope not! However, again, the rule of law has not been challenged here. Kavanaugh is not being charged with a crime, so innocent until proven guilty does not apply. Legally speaking, he maintains the presumption of innocence, regardless of the result of his confirmation vote or the hooplah surrounding it.

Advice and Consent requires FACTS not feeling or innuendo... Your Point is BS...

Legally speaking, does the advice and consent of the Senate require anything at all?

Whether it does or not, what does that have to do with the legal presumption of innocence?

When a Senator judges a Supreme Court nominee's character, is that only based on facts and not personal opinion?

You can continue to repeat yourself about what you think advice and consent requires, but you have failed to address my actual point in doing so.

No, it just time to get rid of Demorats,

View attachment 220917
I am sure you fucking assholes believe that. But I have news. You moronic ignorant fuck Trumpettes don't represent America at all. You worship a POS orange lying fuck who has been stealing AmericabBlind for over decade & you love him for it.

If a Hispsanic woman got an extra $10 in food stamps you froth at the mouth. Trump steals tens of millions in fraudulent tax returns & you are too fucking stupid to care.

During the Kavanaugh hearings, one party seemed to demand proof of innocence from
Kavanaugh. This same party did not demand the accuser to prove Kavanaugh's guilt.
This went so far as to have the MSM be complicit in their covering of the hearings.
This went so far as to have the 'grassroot gatherings' be complicit in the covering of
the hearings.
All three entities, the democrat party, the MSM, and the 'grassroot gatherers' all abandoned
what made the United States great with it's judicial system. They all demanded that an accused had to
What say you?

A) Who the fuck are you?

B) Only if it gives citizens more rights and fixes the "win at any cost" thing for lawyers. Oh yeah, and stop police from lying.

the hearings.
What say you?

A) Who the fuck are you?

B) Only if it gives citizens more rights and fixes the "win at any cost" thing for lawyers. Oh yeah, and stop police from lying.
I'm Meister

the hearings.
What say you?

A) Who the fuck are you?

I'm Meister

How do you have so many posts, and I can't recall a single one of them?

Wow! I just realized I have ..more than I thought.

the hearings.
What say you?

A) Who the fuck are you?

I'm Meister

How do you have so many posts, and I can't recall a single one of them?

Wow! I just realized I have ..more than I thought.
I just hang out in the corner and observe. Throw a jab here and take a jab there.
Doesn't bother me that you don't remember any of posts. truth be known I don't remember yours either.
Buy you a beer?

the hearings.
What say you?
A job interview is not a trial, you feckless ****
uh-huh, run with that one.
Okay, rape supporter
Which rapist is he supporting?

the hearings.
What say you?
Good ... Then your a fucking rapist that should never be believed... now get the fuck out.. Just applying your own standard to YOU!
No credible witnesses or history of blackouts and rape here on my end, rape supporter.
Liar.

the hearings.
What say you?
Good ... Then your a fucking rapist that should never be believed... now get the fuck out.. Just applying your own standard to YOU!
No credible witnesses or history of blackouts and rape here on my end, rape supporter.
You’re getting emotional.
Ergo, you are a rapist.

Forum List

Back