Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

No one is using a club against religion. That is just the paranoid, delusional bastardized use of religious freedom speaking. We do not want to interfere with your allegiance to the church. That is just more paranoid, victim mentality hype. We want the church to stay out of civil affairs and secular law. Religion does not have to " fall in line with what government mandates" It does, however, have to recognize the fact that we are a secular constitutional republic and that te constitution takes precedent over the bible.

And we do--or, at least the greatest majority of us. We also recognize that we are free to practice our faith in public, in the marketplace, etc. Homosexuality can be named a sin without it being considered unlawful. Adultery is considered a sin, but it is not unlawful, either.

By the way, we should be able to have a conversation without the hysterical, "That is just more paranoid, victim mentality hype. We want the church to stay out of civil affairs and secular law" judgements always thrown our way. We are neither paranoid, victims, nor interfere with secular law unless said law is a breach of the Second Amendment. Labeling us as such does not help you or your case.

The sin, the really big sin in my opinion is using religion as a political club to divide the population....that is the real sin.
Perhaps a greater catastrophe is for the political club to be used against religion so that the population will not have any allegiance to Church, only to the government, and be made to fall in line with whatever a current government mandates.
Well that certainly is a whiny, verbose way of complainingabout secular government...which happens to be one of mankind's greatest acheivements....

The sin, the really big sin in my opinion is using religion as a political club to divide the population....that is the real sin.
Perhaps a greater catastrophe is for the political club to be used against religion so that the population will not have any allegiance to Church, only to the government, and be made to fall in line with whatever a current government mandates.
Well that certainly is a whiny, verbose way of complainingabout secular government...which happens to be one of mankind's greatest acheivements....

My apologies. I didn't realize a one sentence (forty-two word) response is now considered verbose. I suppose I have Twitter to thank for that. ;)

My apologies. I didn't realize a one sentence (forty-two word) response is now considered verbose. I suppose I have Twitter to thank for that. ;)
It absolutely was verbose, because "seculah gubmint don't contain mah baby jaysus" is the equivalent and much, much shorter....;)

And we do--or, at least the greatest majority of us. We also recognize that we are free to practice our faith in public, in the marketplace, etc. Homosexuality can be named a sin without it being considered unlawful. Adultery is considered a sin, but it is not unlawful, either.
You respect secular law? That's good to know , although, from the zeal with which the religious right peruses it's agenda, it's hard to believe that it is "most of us" You can consider want a sin " No one is depriving you of that and you are in fact free to practice your faith where ever you wish, as long as you understand that freedom from religion is the other side of that same coin that grants you freedom of religion.

By the way, we should be able to have a conversation without the hysterical, "That is just more paranoid, victim mentality hype. We want the church to stay out of civil affairs and secular law" judgements always thrown our way. We are neither paranoid, victims, nor interfere with secular law unless said law is a breach of the Second Amendment. Labeling us as such does not help you or your case.
Your words

THAT is in fact hysteria.

The second amendment? Are you on the right thread here?

Did God creat Adam and Eve ? or did he create Adam and Adam ? or Eve and Eve ?
In genesis it says Adam and Eve had three sons. Think about that. Take all the time you need
And if you can read Hebrew it indicates that Cain, Abel and Seth were born with at least one twin.
Plus you’re an atheist.

I already got my answer. The answer is that Adam and Eve weren't really the first two. It's an allegory. Because then later in the story it says their sons went east of eden to find their wives.

What made me post this? I saw this on facebook "In genesis it says Adam and Eve had three sons. Think about that. Take all the time you need" and thought it was clever and wanted to post that thought here. Do you really think I should have started a new thread on that comment when there are dozens of Adam and Eve threads already created?
Yawn...wrong.
“Allegory” is for the simple minded.

You respect secular law? That's good to know , although, from the zeal with which the religious right peruses it's agenda, it's hard to believe that it is "most of us" You can consider want a sin " No one is depriving you of that and you are in fact free to practice your faith where ever you wish, as long as you understand that freedom from religion is the other side of that same coin that grants you freedom of religion.

No, the Constitution makes no guarantee of Freedom From Religion. Quite the opposite. It states all religions (not no religion) are welcome. This means I should be seeing many religions in the public square, not one or even a few. Every religion should be seen.

Keep in mind, the majority is often silent. Perhaps that is why the fringe seems so loud--they are shouting into the silence.

No such thing as "freedom from religion".

Of course there is...we are guaranteed freedom from state-sponsored religion. Oh wait, maybe you don't live in the United States...I should not assume...

I believe the phrase they're looking for is Freedom OF Religion .... if they choose to be free FROM rleigion that is their choice - but not imposable on other members of the community via legislation or any other form of governmental controls

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?
You have a right to voice this opinion. You don't have right to think that anyone else cares about your opinion. You don't have any right to make your opinion into law.

I believe the phrase they're looking for is Freedom OF Religion .... if they choose to be free FROM rleigion that is their choice - but not imposable on other members of the community via legislation or any other form of governmental controls
But that's exactly what they want, no religious practices. Nothing public.

Did God creat Adam and Eve ? or did he create Adam and Adam ? or Eve and Eve ?
In genesis it says Adam and Eve had three sons. Think about that. Take all the time you need
And if you can read Hebrew it indicates that Cain, Abel and Seth were born with at least one twin.
Plus you’re an atheist.

I already got my answer. The answer is that Adam and Eve weren't really the first two. It's an allegory. Because then later in the story it says their sons went east of eden to find their wives.

What made me post this? I saw this on facebook "In genesis it says Adam and Eve had three sons. Think about that. Take all the time you need" and thought it was clever and wanted to post that thought here. Do you really think I should have started a new thread on that comment when there are dozens of Adam and Eve threads already created?
It's Adam and Eve, Why do you want to change everything about a man and a woman? the question is simple
What are you talking about?
adam-and-eve.jpg

What one does in public is subject to public comment, even ridicule. LGBTs are just people out and about in society, regardless of their choice of religion (or none). They have a right to not be bothered by your choice of religious practice. And what if they have chosen another form of religious practice than yours? There are many LGBT folks who are members of the Metropolitan Community Church, founded to provide a church home for LGBT Christians.

What one does in public is subject to public comment, even ridicule. LGBTs are just people out and about in society, regardless of their choice of religion (or none). They have a right to not be bothered by your choice of religious practice. And what if they have chosen another form of religious practice than yours? There are many LGBT folks who are members of the Metropolitan Community Church, founded to provide a church home for LGBT Christians.
The MCC is a wolf in sheep's clothing. The Church of Jesus Christ believes in the authority of Scripture.

The MCC is a wolf in sheep's clothing. The Church of Jesus Christ believes in the authority of Scripture.

The MCC is just as much a church as your's is, snob. Bet your's believes in biblical "inerrancy" and "infallibility," which basically is post-Reformation protestant fundie stuff. Believe what you wish, but don't get in anyone else's way or stick your nose in anyone else's business.

The MCC is just as much a church as your's is, snob. Bet your's believes in biblical "inerrancy" and "infallibility," which basically is post-Reformation protestant fundie stuff. Believe what you wish, but don't get in anyone else's way or stick your nose in anyone else's business.
I'll speak my mind here as I wish. The Church of Jesus Christ believes the Bible to be the authoritative and inerrant Word of God. There will always be wolves in sheep's clothing and tares among the wheat. You go ahead and believe whatever you wish. No skin off my nose.

Unless of course it's a minority religion such as Islam or Hare Krishna ....

Forum List

Back