Zone1 Is Jesus God?

Mark 2:
5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
6 But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

Luke 4:
9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:
10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

John 8:
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 10:
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Remember that He was a Jew, and the Jews around Him understood very well exactly what He was saying in all of these, which is why they wanted to kill Him.

Revelation 1:

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

And finally, though this is someone else saying it:

Isaiah 9:
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Your phil 2 is error. Not all translations have that wording.
This is from the King James, which was translated from the original Hebrew and Greek:

Philippians 2:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Remember, that was the sin that got Lucifer kicked out of heaven.

The King James Bible was published in 1611. When was the version published that you're using that doesn't have that wording, and from what was it translated?

This is from the King James, which was translated from the original Hebrew and Greek:

Philippians 2:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Remember, that was the sin that got Lucifer kicked out of heaven.

The King James Bible was published in 1611. When was the version published that you're using that doesn't have that wording, and from what was it translated?
He uses the Jehovah's Witness translation. It's a fraud. He doesn't even know who translated it. None of them were fluent in Hebrew and Greek. It's a book that lines up with Watchtower doctrine, not the Holy Scriptures.

He uses the Jehovah's Witness translation. It's a fraud. He doesn't even know who translated it. None of them were fluent in Hebrew and Greek. It's a book that lines up with Watchtower doctrine, not the Holy Scriptures.
I am aware of that. I just wanted him to admit it. The reality is, the JW organization has published multiple re-writes of their holy book (I won't call it a Bible because it's bastardized) when someone pointed out to them where their current version contained claims of Christ's divinity and did so within the last 100 years. I find it interesting that they can use that while claiming that other translations are "modified". The truth is, you can't use the King James translation and claim it doesn't show Christ's divinity.

I am aware of that. I just wanted him to admit it. The reality is, the JW organization has published multiple re-writes of their holy book (I won't call it a Bible because it's bastardized) when someone pointed out to them where their current version contained claims of Christ's divinity and did so within the last 100 years. I find it interesting that they can use that while claiming that other translations are "modified". The truth is, you can't use the King James translation and claim it doesn't show Christ's divinity.
He and I went round and round. His mind is closed, like all JWs. It's sad. Very destructive cult. Many families are suffering because of their shunning doctrine.

He and I went round and round. His mind is closed, like all JWs. It's sad. Very destructive cult. Many families are suffering because of their shunning doctrine.
My wife and I once held several meetings with a rather high up JW official. The first time, we met for about an hour in which I pointed out in Scripture the places where Jesus is clearly stated to be divine. She wasn't happy with that, so she requested another meeting, this time with her son in attendance. This time, my wife found an "apostate" JW who had left the organization and was VERY familiar with their tactics. We invited her to be part of the meeting, but she insisted we use her maiden name, because they would not meet with us if they knew who she was. This time, they tried immediately to leave the Bible and go to the Watch Tower magazine, but she held firm and insisted we stay in the Bible only. Needless to say, they went back to their temple, found out who she was, and refused to meet with us anymore.

When you have to rewrite the Bible because it doesn't agree with what you're preaching, you're not preaching the truth.

My wife and I once held several meetings with a rather high up JW official. The first time, we met for about an hour in which I pointed out in Scripture the places where Jesus is clearly stated to be divine. She wasn't happy with that, so she requested another meeting, this time with her son in attendance. This time, my wife found an "apostate" JW who had left the organization and was VERY familiar with their tactics. We invited her to be part of the meeting, but she insisted we use her maiden name, because they would not meet with us if they knew who she was. This time, they tried immediately to leave the Bible and go to the Watch Tower magazine, but she held firm and insisted we stay in the Bible only. Needless to say, they went back to their temple, found out who she was, and refused to meet with us anymore.

When you have to rewrite the Bible because it doesn't agree with what you're preaching, you're not preaching the truth.
They're nasty people. It's very sad.

All are one-they live to do Jesus' Fathers will, yet all are not God--Jesus is clear at John 17:3--The one who sent him=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--and one must know him as that and know Jesus to get eternal life. Satan is blocking eternal life from all serving a non existent trinity, best believe Jesus.
Lets see how many professed believers actually believe......

Go and tell my brothers that I am ascending to my Father and your Father; my God and your God John 20:17

By saying that his God is our God Jesus effectively eliminated any possibility that he either thought of himself as or claimed to be God.

John 8:48-59.
Nowhere does Jesus claim to be God in this section. He merely claims to be older than Abraham and be God's son. Note that Luke 3:38 says that Adam is the son of God, but I doubt you would claim that this verse indicates that Adam is God.

Nowhere does Jesus claim to be God in this section. He merely claims to be older than Abraham and be God's son. Note that Luke 3:38 says that Adam is the son of God, but I doubt you would claim that this verse indicates that Adam is God.
"Before Abraham was I Am". Bible scholars understand what is being said here. I Am is God.

Mark 2:
5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
6 But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

That simply says that God granted him the authority to forgive sins.
Luke 4:
9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:
10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.
Satan was tempting God to send angels to save Jesus if he threw himself from the mountain.

John 8:
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
He's not claiming to be God. He's claiming to be older than Abraham.

John 10:
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
The idea of being one with someone else is common in the Bible. It doesn't make the two people the same.

John 17:21-23

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

Remember that He was a Jew, and the Jews around Him understood very well exactly what He was saying in all of these, which is why they wanted to kill Him.
Was he a Jew? John 8:48-49

"Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil? Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me."

Jesus was accused of being a Samaritan and having a devil. He denies having a devil but does not deny being a Samaritan.

Revelation 1:

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

The first and the last what?

Colossians 1:15 calls him the firstborn of every creature. Thus Jesus was created and therefore cannot be God.

And finally, though this is someone else saying it:

Isaiah 9:
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
This is not a passage about Jesus.

That simply says that God granted him the authority to forgive sins.

Satan was tempting God to send angels to save Jesus if he threw himself from the mountain.

He's not claiming to be God. He's claiming to be older than Abraham.

The idea of being one with someone else is common in the Bible. It doesn't make the two people the same.

John 17:21-23

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

Was he a Jew? John 8:48-49

"Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil? Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me."

Jesus was accused of being a Samaritan and having a devil. He denies having a devil but does not deny being a Samaritan.

The first and the last what?

Colossians 1:15 calls him the firstborn of every creature. Thus Jesus was created and therefore cannot be God.

This is not a passage about Jesus.
Who is "I Am"?

Where does the Bible say that "I Am" is God? Note that the Greek does not capitalize "Am."
What did God say to Moses when Moses asked God who shall I say sent me when Moses was sent to free Israel from the Egyptians?

Forum List

Back