Zone1 Is Jesus God?

Replace "I Am" with any noun and the sentence makes no grammatical sense. That's the case even if that noun is God.
It's scripture. It obviously makes sense to God because He's the one who first said it in Exodus 3:14. Who is the Alpha and Omega?

"Before Abraham was I Am". Bible scholars understand what is being said here. I Am is God.
The pharisees doubted that Jesus, at 30 something years old, "knew" Abraham because he was not yet fifty years old which implies they would have believed him if he was over fifty. (it also implies that Jesus was over 40) It follows then that to know Abraham is to understand Abraham. Jesus saying that "before Abraham was born I AM" is not a claim of being God. Jesus was just saying that he understood Abraham because God, I AM, has always existed and knew everything about Abraham, the same God who taught Jesus everything that he revealed to his friends..

"for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." John 15:15

Most certainly is. God. Who is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end?
Jesus was the "first fruits of the dead", the beginning of Christianity and, when he appears a second time, the end of Christianity, when "the time of the Gentiles are fulfilled". Luke 21:24

Truly I tell you, never again will I drink from the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.” Mark 14:25. This shows that Jesus knew that his teaching on the Law would become corrupted, "lost to time", and would need to be renewed when he returned.

Last edited:
That simply says that God granted him the authority to forgive sins.
You're ignoring what the religious authorities of the day had to say about Him, that they thought He was speaking blasphemy. They knew that only God can forgive sin, and Jesus was forgiving sin. That made it abundantly clear that He was claiming to be God. Notice also that He said He HAD the power to forgive sin. When did He not have it and when was it given to Him?
Satan was tempting God to send angels to save Jesus if he threw himself from the mountain.
Balderdash, he was tempting Jesus to flaunt His authority as Messiah.
He's not claiming to be God. He's claiming to be older than Abraham.
Nonsense. To the observant Jew, "I am" is one of the titles of God Himself. You have to understand how they thought, and when you do, you'll understand that they knew absolutely Yeshua was claiming to be God.
The idea of being one with someone else is common in the Bible. It doesn't make the two people the same.

John 17:21-23

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

Was he a Jew? John 8:48-49

"Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil? Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me."

Jesus was accused of being a Samaritan and having a devil. He denies having a devil but does not deny being a Samaritan.
He didn't have to, for several reasons:

1. He was born in Bethlehem and raised in Nazareth, NOT Samaria.
2. When he met the Samaritan women at the well, she identified Him as a Jew.
The first and the last what?
From Isaiah 44:

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Colossians 1:15 calls him the firstborn of every creature. Thus Jesus was created and therefore cannot be God.
Which is contradicted by the very next verse.

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Obviously, verse 15 cannot be construed so as to make Him a created being.
This is not a passage about Jesus.
Uh, yes it is. It is about Messiah, who was revealed on the day Daniel prophesied, and who was Yeshua.

Philippians 2:

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Remember, that was the very sin that got Lucifer thrown out of heaven. If you want to say Yeshua was a created being equal with Lucifer, you have to call God inconsistent for punishing one's sin and not the other. No created being is equal with his creator.

You have to understand how they thought, and when you do, you'll understand that they knew absolutely Yeshua was claiming to be God.
His enemies accused him of claiming to be God to discredit his teaching so that people would dismiss it all out of hand as the hubris of a drunken lunatic because even in the first century, just like now all over the world, anyone who claims to be God is certifiably, toys in the attic, insane..

Repeating lies of his enemies only brings the name of Jesus into disrepute among the intelligent.

Numbskull.

His enemies accused him of claiming to be God to discredit his teaching so that people would dismiss it all out of hand as the hubris of a drunken lunatic because even in the first century, just like now all over the world, anyone who claims to be God is certifiably, toys in the attic, insane..

Repeating lies of his enemies only brings the name of Jesus into disrepute among the intelligent.

Numbskull.
And He knew exactly what they would think when He made the claims. Face it, Jesus claimed to be God, multiple times.

And He knew exactly what they would think when He made the claims. Face it, Jesus claimed to be God, multiple times.
Thats what you have been told. Thats the blasphemy perpetuated by the church. I am telling you that if Jesus claimed to be God he was indeed insane. Would you believe anyone living today that claimed they were God? No? Why? Because thats insane. Right? Am I telling you something that you don't already know? Damn. I gave you a rational explanation showing that he wasn't. Yet you still insist he was insane. I know its because you are under the condemnation of God for sins of idolatry, lying in the name of God, and desecrating the teachings of Christ. Congratulations!

You have your reward already!

The pharisees doubted that Jesus, at 30 something years old, "knew" Abraham because he was not yet fifty years old which implies they would have believed him if he was over fifty. (it also implies that Jesus was over 40) It follows then that to know Abraham is to understand Abraham. Jesus saying that "before Abraham was born I AM" is not a claim of being God. Jesus was just saying that he understood Abraham because God, I AM, has always existed and knew everything about Abraham, the same God who taught Jesus everything that he revealed to his friends..

"for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." John 15:15

Jesus was the "first fruits of the dead", the beginning of Christianity and, when he appears a second time, the end of Christianity, when "the time of the Gentiles are fulfilled". Luke 21:24

Truly I tell you, never again will I drink from the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.” Mark 14:25. This shows that Jesus knew that his teaching on the Law would become corrupted, "lost to time", and would need to be renewed when he returned.
Who is the Alpha and the Omega?

Who is the Alpha and the Omega?
I already told you. Jesus. The beginning and the end of Christianity. You have confused faith with obstinate stupidity. What you don't seem to realize is that by perpetuating the lie that Jesus was God in human form you are setting yourself up to be deceived into 'believing' that every madman is a potential messianic candidate. What do you get for pretending the dangers not real? Every megalomaniacal messianic imposter ever, like Manson, Mohammed, Stalin, Hitler, or, wait for it....

Trump.

Last edited:
I already told you. You have confused faith with obstinate stupidity. What you don't seem to realize is that by perpetuating the lie that Jesus was God in human form you are setting yourself up to be deceived into 'believing' that any madman is a messianic candidate. What do you get for pretending the dangers not real? Every single insane megalomaniac messianic imposter, like Manson, Hitler, or, wait for it........

Trump.
No, you haven't told me. You don't have the courage to say it. The Alpha and Omega is God.

Verse Concepts
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

Revelation 1:8
Verse Concepts
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 21:6-7
Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

Revelation 1:17-18
When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

Isaiah 44:6
Verse Concepts
“Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12
Verse Concepts
“Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

From Thematic Bible
I am's of Christ » Alpha and omega
Jesus Christ » Names of » Alpha and omega
Names » Of Christ » Alpha and omega
I am's of Christ » Alpha and omega
Verse Concepts
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Jesus Christ » Names of » Alpha and omega
Verse Concepts

Names » Of Christ » Alpha and omega
Verse Concepts

Revelation 22:13
Verse Concepts
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”