Is North Korea pushing too far?

I expect the senior leadership of al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden, the Somalia pirates, Muhammar Khadaffi, the terrorists hiding out in Yemen and Pakistan and the Lord's Resistance Army, among others, would disagree with that assessment of our President.

Now I can't help but imagine that you are smarter than that. You fought Charlie just like I did......for every one you killed - 30 replaced him.

That 15 year old kid in Yemen right now, will be "Senior Leadership" in 2 or 3 years. You know damn good and well that we are fighting a war of attrition. They NEVER give up. Hell, you ought to know that......

:confused: So..what are you saying? Because the enemy is resilient and fights back, we ought to just quit and go home?

In any case, the point is that Obama isn't a President to take lightly, not matter what the uber-right thinks.

Don't be confused. I'm no panty waist liberal. Ronald Reagan was the "cowboy" that the Soviet's were TERRIFIED of. They knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that one wrong step and Reagan would obliterate them. They were absolutely convinced of that.

Tell me - how worried are you about Obama? That's what I thought.

They MURDERED 4 Americans in Libya while we watched from a drone. To this day we have done NOTHING.

Terrorists nor world leaders have witnessed anything to slow their insanity. Obama is a proven weak leader.

You know, I don't know if he is a "proven weak leader". He is, however, yet to prove himself a "leader" of any type. As I said earlier....there isn't a country in the world that "fears" him.

They MURDERED 4 Americans in Libya while we watched from a drone. To this day we have done NOTHING.

Terrorists nor world leaders have witnessed anything to slow their insanity. Obama is a proven weak leader.

Bitch, bitch, bitch!

They killed around 3000 on 9/11. I think Bush might have got Bin Laden, if he concentrated on Afghanistan like Obama did. Iraq was a big mistake, so face it! It screwed up the US policy for Iran, which always was the real threat. Of course your kind thinks a lie about WMD is as good as it actually being there.

Take a look back at yourself, because I'm sure you were right there with Bush being as stupid as he was! You don't have the right to criticize anyone else's handling of foreign policy, being the stupid right-wingnut that you are. Now, slime back under the rock where you came from!

Now I can't help but imagine that you are smarter than that. You fought Charlie just like I did......for every one you killed - 30 replaced him.

That 15 year old kid in Yemen right now, will be "Senior Leadership" in 2 or 3 years. You know damn good and well that we are fighting a war of attrition. They NEVER give up. Hell, you ought to know that......

:confused: So..what are you saying? Because the enemy is resilient and fights back, we ought to just quit and go home?

In any case, the point is that Obama isn't a President to take lightly, not matter what the uber-right thinks.

Don't be confused. I'm no panty waist liberal. Ronald Reagan was the "cowboy" that the Soviet's were TERRIFIED of. They knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that one wrong step and Reagan would obliterate them. They were absolutely convinced of that.

I'm not worried about Obama at all. Then again, not being a Russian, I wasn't worried about Reagan either.

I'm not worried about Obama at all. Then again, not being a Russian, I wasn't worried about Reagan either.

Of course you're not worried about Obama. You know, deep down, that if push comes to shove, Obama will turn tale and run. It's deep within his genes. Obama has never STOOD for a damn thing in his life.

Reagan on the other hand......everyone on the planet knew that he would f--k you up if push came to shove. Most everyone knew that with Reagan it was 50/50 and you didn't want to push the man too far.

The Russians knew that and they respected the hell out of the "Cowboy".

But, if he pushes the Obama administration, he'll find that this President is not afraid to pound North Korea into the sand.

Yes he is. He likes drone strikes and 'leading from behind.' He would never order a major offensive. I mean, what would they think at the cocktail parties in Cambridge? Just as well, since it would be a stupid decision anyway given the circumstances.

Gettin' ready for lil' Kim's missiles...
:eusa_eh:
US to beef up missile defense against NKorea
15 Mar.`13 WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon announced Friday it will spend $1 billion to add 14 interceptors to an Alaska-based missile defense system, responding to what it called faster-than-anticipated North Korean progress on nuclear weapons and missiles.
In announcing the decision, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said he is determined to protect the U.S. homeland and stay ahead of a worrisome North Korean missile threat. He acknowledged that the interceptors already in place to defend against potential North Korean missile strikes have had poor test performances. "We will strengthen our homeland defense, maintain our commitments to our allies and partners, and make clear to the world that the United States stands firm against aggression," Hagel told a Pentagon news conference.

He said the 14 additional interceptors will be installed at Fort Greely, Alaska, where 26 already stand in underground silos, connected to communications systems and operated by soldiers at Greely and at Colorado Springs, Colo. The interceptors are designed to lift out of their silos, soar beyond the atmosphere and deploy a "kill vehicle" that can lock onto a targeted warhead and, by ramming into it at high speed, obliterate it. Hagel also cited a previously announced Pentagon plan to place an additional radar in Japan to provide early warning of a North Korean missile launch and to assist in tracking its flight path.

A portion of the $1 billion cost of the expanded system at Fort Greely will come from scrapping the final phase of a missile defense system the U.S. is building in Europe, Hagel said. The system in Europe is aimed mainly at defending against a missile threat from Iran; key elements of that system are already in place. Tom Collina, research director at the Arms Control Association, applauded the decision to scrap the final phase of the European system, calling it an addition that "may not work against a threat that does not yet exist." Anticipating possible European unease, Hagel said U.S. commitment to defending Europe "remains ironclad."

The decision to drop the planned expansion in Europe happens to coincide with President Barack Obama's announced intention to engage Russia in talks about further reducing each country's nuclear weapons arsenal. The Russians have balked at that, saying Washington must first address their objections to U.S. missile defenses in Europe, which the Russians see as undermining the deterrent value of their nuclear arms. Collina said the Russians may be more willing to talk about nuclear arms reductions now that the Obama administration had decided not to go forward with the final phase of its European missile defense system.

More US to beef up missile defense against NKorea - Yahoo! News

See also:

UN: 28 percent of NKorean children malnourished
Mar 15,`13 -- More than a fourth of all North Korean children are stunted from chronic malnutrition, and two-thirds of the country's 24 million people don't know where their next meal is coming from, the United Nations said Friday.
The report illustrates a major domestic challenge for North Korea's new young leader, Kim Jong Un. A team from the U.N.'s Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, reporting from North Korea, found that 2.8 million North Koreans "are in need of regular food assistance amidst worrying levels of chronic malnutrition and food insecurity." It said 4 percent of North Korean children are acutely malnourished. The report did not directly mention North Korea's recent threats against South Korea, its threat of a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the U.S. or Pyongyang's claim to have abolished the Korean War armistice as of Monday. But the report said humanitarian aid should be neutral and impartial "and must not be contingent on political developments."

The OCHA team also found that much of North Korea's support structure is crumbling under the third generation of Kim family rule. "Supplies of medicine and equipment are inadequate; water and heating systems need repair, and the infrastructure of schools and colleges is deteriorating rapidly," the report said. With little arable land, harsh weather and chronic shortages of fuel and equipment, North Korea has struggled for decades to feed its 24 million people. Its new leader, who took over in December 2011, has made improving the economy a priority and has pledged to improve North Koreans' standards of living.

Last autumn, a U.N. team visited all nine agricultural provinces of the communist state during the main cereal harvest and estimated that North Korea would need to import 507,000 metric tons of cereals to meet its basic food needs in 2013. That U.N. team's report recommended that North Korean farmers be allowed to sell or barter their surplus food at market, rather than turn their excess over to the state. Such incentives should encourage farmers to boost production, according to the joint report last year from the World Food Program and U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization. But the survey also made clear that the problems that have long kept North Koreans undernourished remain: insufficient and inefficient tractors and chronic shortages of fuel, spare parts and tires necessary to run them.

Agriculture is North Korea's lifeblood, contributing a quarter of the nation's economy and engaging a third of the population. But many northern farms rely on ox and manual labor because there aren't enough tractors and equipment to go around. Foreign food aid and imports make up for the shortfalls. North Korea also suffered a severe famine in the mid- and late-1990s. The country's food problems date to the division of the country in 1945 between the more industrialized north, with more coal and iron, and South Korea, which had most of the arable land and rice paddies. North Korea's isolation and restricted trade under the Kim dynasty has stunted its ability to develop normal import-export trade to meet its food needs.

Source

Yeah..in 2017..

Of course you're not worried about Obama. You know, deep down, that if push comes to shove, Obama will turn tale and run. It's deep within his genes. Obama has never STOOD for a damn thing in his life.

Reagan on the other hand......everyone on the planet knew that he would f--k you up if push came to shove. Most everyone knew that with Reagan it was 50/50 and you didn't want to push the man too far.

The Russians knew that and they respected the hell out of the "Cowboy".

Reagan got out of combat duty during WWII, because he was near-sighted. Around 80% of the Japanese people were near-sighted. Then, Reagan joins the Army Air Corps, which requires the best eyesight, and make films for the duration of the war, while plenty of big stars served.

You can't tell the difference between a President and someone acting like one. You'd have to wake Reagan up for him to do something and hope it was over in 15 minutes. Regardless, most of the decisions are automatic, so even Reagan would have worked out, just like having the Heritage Foundation run the country while he napped.

The incompetent liberals running the US defense and diplomatic apparatus are wetting themselves over this challenge, which they are totally unprepared for. Look for more cave ins to North Korea. Perhaps even a visit by Jimmy Carter.

Besides the President, who isn't hands on, what liberals run the US defense?
Oh? Then explain how Obama was given not only credit but accolades by the fawning media over the killing of bin Laden. According to your side, that was ALL Obama.
Now Obama is "not hands on"?..
Please stop obfuscating.

The shamelessly unAmerican 'dubya' fool is just another mindless partisan drone. His kind of pointless, predictable, meaningless "me side good, you side bad!" nonsense just eats up bandwidth for no reason. Does it persuade anyone? Does it add anything?

Last edited:
Every time they fire a rocket it peters out 200 meters later. They have no delivery system. Let doughboy keep yapping.

Peter's out? Maybe. That one they fired last year across the Yellow Sea was most likely shot down by one of the Ageis missile frigates the Obama administration sent there just days before.

"MOst likely"?....Umm, that means you do not know for sure. So why bring it up?

Just like Jimmy Carter - a weak, crap talking "pie-in-the-sky orator" with nothing to back up his empty suit. The world understands one thing - force and Obama AIN'T the guy that portrays that.

I expect the senior leadership of al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden, the Somalia pirates, Muhammar Khadaffi, the terrorists hiding out in Yemen and Pakistan and the Lord's Resistance Army, among others, would disagree with that assessment of our President.

WHat?...Islamo-fascism isn't spreading fast enough for you? Pakistan may as well be an enemy now. We no longer can consider Egypt, once an important partner as ally. Yes, we are giving these criminals( Muslim Brotherhood) a bunch of money, but that is our President appeasing a potential aggressor.
Iraq is still an unstable nation with elements of Al Qaida moving back into the country. Iran has blood in their eyes for the US.
Even the Russians, who we drilled into the ground without firing a single shot are now regaining their status as a belligerent nation. Putin, who runs Russia, has no respect for Obama. He would not meet with Obama last time he visited Russia.

So Obama is NOT pulling out of Afghanistan? Oh, Ok..We're still in Iraq then, correct?
I gotcha..

As witnessed in 1980. Within days of Reagan's inauguration, the Khomeni regime cut loose those 50 plus hostages. This was done because they KNEW Reagan was capable of turning loose the might of the US Armed forces which would have turned Teheran into a pile of rubble. Something like "Dear Mr. Ayatollah, you and your fellow residents of Teheran have 72 hours to evacuate your city. Because in 72 hours and 30 minutes, you will no longer recognize it."

Bitch, bitch, bitch!

They killed around 3000 on 9/11. I think Bush might have got Bin Laden, if he concentrated on Afghanistan like Obama did. Iraq was a big mistake, so face it! It screwed up the US policy for Iran, which always was the real threat. Of course your kind thinks a lie about WMD is as good as it actually being there.

Take a look back at yourself, because I'm sure you were right there with Bush being as stupid as he was! You don't have the right to criticize anyone else's handling of foreign policy, being the stupid right-wingnut that you are. Now, slime back under the rock where you came from!

You deserve to have your citizenship revoked.
I ma going to make you my personal cause. Prepare to be harassed and insulted.
You blind ass non thinker.

The shamelessly unAmerican 'dubya' fool is just another mindless partisan drone. His kind of pointless, predictable, meaningless "me side good, you side bad!" nonsense just eats up bandwidth for no reason. Does it persuade anyone? Does it add anything?

Liberals are, unfortunbately, like that. No matter the circumstance - their "party" comes first. I guess it comes from generation after generation after generation of having your lunch money stolen by the school yard bully day after day after day.

To them, their path is clear - to hell with America. God forbid that we have a major earthquake in the next 3-4 years...that will be George Bushs' fault, too.

As witnessed in 1980. Within days of Reagan's inauguration, the Khomeni regime cut loose those 50 plus hostages. This was done because they KNEW Reagan was capable of turning loose the might of the US Armed forces which would have turned Teheran into a pile of rubble. Something like "Dear Mr. Ayatollah, you and your fellow residents of Teheran have 72 hours to evacuate your city. Because in 72 hours and 30 minutes, you will no longer recognize it."

Trust me. I remember those days quite fondly. I was stationed at the Consulate in Moscow. When Ronnie was elected - the Soviets began wetting their pants. By the time he was sworn in, they were crapping them.

It was good to be alive in those days!!!!

Besides the President, who isn't hands on, what liberals run the US defense?

Hagel, Kerry.

The Secretary of State doesn't run the US defense or have anything to do with it's chain of command. The only liberal in the chain of command is the Commander-in-Chief Obama and Presidents follow the advice of the military, because they are the experts.
Your reading comprehension as usual sucks. Notice I wrote both diplomatic and military. Kerry certainly runs the diplomatic side of things. Or is supposd to anyway.
Hegel is a liberal pantywaste with no experience other than being a grunt and no business at all at Defense. He is the least qualified SecDef in history. Rumsfeld is snickering somewhere.

North Korea doesn't stand alone. It has allies. Iran and Venezuela would be happy to help North Korea.

A North Korean weapon, on an Iranian delivery system, launched from Venezula would do just fine.

Forum List

Back