Is Obama one of the best speakers in our nation's history???

is Obama one of the best speakers in our nation's history

• yes

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • are you fucking kidding me????

Votes: 58 59.8%

• Total voters
reagan.jpg

Nice picture, where are the 6 teleprompter speeches...looks like those prompters were NEVER USED... they are blank!

I get the impression that you don't understand how telepromtpers work.

You can't see whether they're "on" or not from the other side. That's the whole point.

Ronald Reagan was the same way. He was more at ease in reading his speech off the dual screens of a teleprompter than looking up and down at a speech text on his lectern
The Truth About Presidents And Teleprompters - CBS News

Nice picture, where are the 6 teleprompter speeches...looks like those prompters were NEVER USED... they are blank!

I get the impression that you don't understand how telepromtpers work.

You can't see whether they're "on" or not from the other side. That's the whole point.

Ronald Reagan was the same way. He was more at ease in reading his speech off the dual screens of a teleprompter than looking up and down at a speech text on his lectern
The Truth About Presidents And Teleprompters - CBS News

An opinion by CBS News! ...and I don't see him using them for NEARLY ALL HIS SPEECHES!

Glad the dude in the vid likens Obama's speeches to "music lyrics." Big on fantasy ... light on facts.

Homo love drives the creation of this video.

Speaking of which ... have you seen this one yet?:

I think Obama could have done better.

So what if he did get a BJ, so what? His and Michelle's business.

As far as I know Obama never lied under oath about getting a BJ.

The drug allegations are worse but there is no proof.

I can not vote yes, but I can not vote "are you fucking kidding me either."

During the first campaign, he was quite eloquent. He spoke with passion, he seemed to speak from the heart. That and the fact that he wasn't a Republican got him elected. Some say because he is black was a contributing factor. I imagine that for some, it was. But we are discussing his ability to give a speech... More specifically his ranking on the list of great speakers in U.S. history...

HuffPo rates him as the third best Presidential orator since 1933. I'm don't agree and I'm not going to listen to speeches by all thirteen on the list just to find out. The top five, in order (according to HuffPo): JFK, FDR, Obama, Reagan, and Clinton. I don't think he is better than Reagan and Clinton, but it is a HuffPo list, so...

When you start talking about being "one of the best speakers in our nation's history," I think you have broadened the pool so much that he may not crack the top twenty...

But, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

I can not vote yes, but I can not vote "are you fucking kidding me either."

During the first campaign, he was quite eloquent. He spoke with passion, he seemed to speak from the heart. That and the fact that he wasn't a Republican got him elected. Some say because he is black was a contributing factor. I imagine that for some, it was. But we are discussing his ability to give a speech... More specifically his ranking on the list of great speakers in U.S. history...

HuffPo rates him as the third best Presidential orator since 1933. I'm don't agree and I'm not going to listen to speeches by all thirteen on the list just to find out. The top five, in order (according to HuffPo): JFK, FDR, Obama, Reagan, and Clinton. I don't think he is better than Reagan and Clinton, but it is a HuffPo list, so...

When you start talking about being "one of the best speakers in our nation's history," I think you have broadened the pool so much that he may not crack the top twenty...

But, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Top twenty is still one of the best. Top fifty is still one of the best. Their have ben hundreds of American statesmen.

I happen to think he's in the top 10. The contributors to this forum have yet to name 5 who are better.

He is, in fact, one of the best.

Forum List

Back