*Are we headed for civil war?*

• Yes

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Yes.

As a nation (I believe) we are certainly headed for another Civil War.

That said, there is no way to know what the tipping point might be and there is no way to know if we might start moving away from the possibility. I do doubt that we are going to start putting aside our differences though instead of amplifying and solidifying them. I just don't see that happening.
You gonna get out there and kill your neighbors in this civil war you'e promoting?

Who are the enemy

Accept that even if this test says you are an asshole it does not make being an asshole alright. How we treat others is a learned activity. Every personality type can be a devil in their own way or a saint in their own way. I'm no saint but that is the direction I turn my efforts.

Yeah. Man is a mixture of good and evil.
Where along the continuum does the line between the two extremes lie? In the end how our fellow humans see us is the only meaningful measure of a person and the closest thing to immortality we have.

I voted Yes.

That said, there is no way to know what the tipping point might be and there is no way to know if we might start moving away from the possibility. I do doubt that we are going to start putting aside our differences though instead of amplifying and solidifying them. I just don't see that happening.
You gonna get out there and kill your neighbors in this civil war you'e promoting?

from what i can see, their diets will do them in in time......

~S~

Tests such as this need to be taken by large numbers of people and then make the judgment of its reliability and validity.

Yeah. I agree. Mine comes back the same every time, though. I won't say what for, but I had to take that years ago, It was a sensitive government agency, so there's that.

You know how a lot of those polls and little brain tests and especially the political ones the questions are often loaded? Well, the Briggs-Meyers really isn't. The questions are rather well done. so there isn't particularly room for an either-or scenario.

But, yeah, I agree with your sentiment.
The trouble with the Briggs Myers test is that they all sound positive. They do not have one for selfish asshole or sadistic soul-crusher or narcissistic pain in the ass. Would you take a test like that? One that exposed your faults? No one would be honest on such a test yet it would be the only kind of test that is useful.

Logic stops a person from having mental issues

They change their personality to fit the situation. As trump has done
You really suck at this,
Memory intellect and logic intellect is

Different

Only the logic can understand The memory cannot understand

With all sincerity and compassion, you have no clue as to the science of the brain.

Accept that even if this test says you are an asshole it does not make being an asshole alright. How we treat others is a learned activity. Every personality type can be a devil in their own way or a saint in their own way. I'm no saint but that is the direction I turn my efforts.

Where along the continuum does the line between the two extremes lie? In the end how our fellow humans see us is the only meaningful measure of a person and the closest thing to immortality we have.
Isn't the essence of extistentenalism is to wander in search of a meanigful metric ?

~S~

Yeah. I agree. Mine comes back the same every time, though. I won't say what for, but I had to take that years ago, It was a sensitive government agency, so there's that.

You know how a lot of those polls and little brain tests and especially the political ones the questions are often loaded? Well, the Briggs-Meyers really isn't. The questions are rather well done. so there isn't particularly room for an either-or scenario.

But, yeah, I agree with your sentiment.
The trouble with the Briggs Myers test is that they all sound positive. They do not have one for selfish asshole or sadistic soul-crusher or narcissistic pain in the ass. Would you take a test like that? One that exposed your faults? No one would be honest on such a test yet it would be the only kind of test that is useful.

Logic stops a person from having mental issues

They change their personality to fit the situation. As trump has done
You really suck at this,
Memory intellect and logic intellect is

Different

Only the logic can understand The memory cannot understand

With all sincerity and compassion, you have no clue as to the science of the brain.

Wrong

Memory and logic parts do different jobs

The logic part is the real power and success part

Isn't the essence of extistentenalism is to wander in search of a meanigful metric ?

~S~
The only short answer to any philosophical question is "perhaps".

worthless eaters (the poor and the middle-class).
That comes from somewhere....???????

Does the media have anything to do with a possible civil war?
They'd prositute it for their own gain

Who are the enemy

from the wayback machime>

pogoenemyisus.gif

~S~

Sorry bout that,

1. I have my thoughts and I am interested in hearing yours.
2. There are some really smart people on here, and you know who you are, and I want to read your thoughts on this.
3. I will add my thoughts too, but first I want your thoughts and counter thoughts, as to why there is no possible way a revolution will happen.
4. And I already know there are a certain group of people here who will do nothing but mock this thread.
5. Those who don't have their eyes open to conversation on this important topic could be crushed under it, if it does indeed take place.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

No. We won't rebel. We will watch the millennials hand this country over with glee. We are allowing the infringement on our right to bear arms now, and they will continue to infringe until we have no more guns. They want to make sure there is no revolt. And the majority of this country will approve. Our children have been programmed in our school system. (Google Obama's "Julia") for the plan. It has worked and the snowflakes are now old enough to help us to our end.
The Cortezes and Pelosies and Hollywood ARE the revolution. We are the spectators...

Last edited:
I voted Yes.

How have I "promoted" anything of that sort?

My post was only an observation.

No

1. Americans are too fat
2. All the wannabe Civil Warriors are too old (especially the USMB ones)
3. The young people - you know, the ones would do the actual fighting - are too coddled by their helicopter parents.

Besides Reid, (and he's gone), Schumer and Pelosi, who do you see as a tyrant?

You must have been off the day oldtree called for a civil war and said he'd kill libs.

Could have been, I dont' get a chance to read EVERY post.

But I do know that I've deleted posts and warned people, both Left and Right, about making comments along those lines.

Sorry bout that,

1. I have my thoughts and I am interested in hearing yours.
2. There are some really smart people on here, and you know who you are, and I want to read your thoughts on this.
3. I will add my thoughts too, but first I want your thoughts and counter thoughts, as to why there is no possible way a revolution will happen.
4. And I already know there are a certain group of people here who will do nothing but mock this thread.
5. Those who don't have their eyes open to conversation on this important topic could be crushed under it, if it does indeed take place.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

No. We won't rebel. We will watch the millennials hand this country over with glee. We are allowing the infringement on our right to bear arms now, and they will continue to infringe until we have no more guns. They want to make sure there is no revolt. And the majority of this country will approve. Our children have been programmed in our school system. (Google Obama's "Julia") for the plan. It has worked and the snowflakes are now old enough to help us to our end.
The Cortezes and Pelosies and Hollywood ARE the revolution. We are the spectators...

LOL, is their country too, "According to Forbes (2015), the generation after Millennials, Generation Z, which they defined as people born from the mid-1990s to the early 2000s, made up 25% of the U.S. population, making them a larger cohort than the Baby Boomers or Millennials.

As a baby boomer I'm pleased with the first example of a generation which puts the people before profit, and empathy before greed, than those of us who were in college in the late 60's and early 70's.

I'm late to the party....but here are my two cents....

A revolution is always possible.....and "possible" is the key word here.

From being possible, to actually becoming real?..... well, that's the 64 million question! :dunno:

Sorry bout that,

1. Its all in the mind some people say who are posting, if your this way or that way on some test that gets spoken off a lot. Does that mean anything really on this topic?
  2. Will it, a Civil War happen sure it will, sooner or later it will take place.
  3. What are likely the major contributing factors as to what we as Americans, and people of the world, need to know?
  4. Whatever affects USA directly, will affect the whole world.
  5. One man stood up against the known establishment that were in this hemisphere in the mid 1800's.
  6. Does anyone see anything that may be remotely similar of those days compared to these days?
  7. Is this something not everyone can see, but some could learn to just remember?
  8. Critical thinking....

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

Forum List

Back