Is Sexual Orientation A Choice?

^^^ God doesn't have to explain such a thing because he doesn't make someone in a way that goes against his own word. Could I choose to be a homosexual? Yeah, but I am not going to go down such a road because I never intend to go against the word of the Lord.

^^^ Why some people can't have kids is a question that only the Lord can answer.
Perhaps the same applies to people who are born gay. Only God knows why
The Lord knows why a person chooses to be a homosexual even if they say were born such a way.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

Once again, it is not a choice. No one would choose to be vilified. Trust me, I know better than most. I went through HELL before I accepted my orientation, I would have given anything to be a normal person just like everyone else. But I could not choose change. I tried. I failed. It's not a choice, and you cannot prove otherwise.

Last edited:
^^^ Of course no one chooses to be vilified, but how other people respond to your way of being is up to them people and not you. The way that other people choose to respond to what they do not agree with will never be your fault. The only actions that you can be held responsible for are your own, whether they do come from a natural feeling or not.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Its obvious that you and I will never agree on the issue of whether homosexuality is a choice or not, but if people have treated you like dirt because of your way of being, I am truly sorry that such a thing was done to you. In my opinion two negatives only make a positive in math class, but not in real life.

^^^ Of course no one chooses to be vilified, but how other people respond to your way of being is up to them people and not you. The way that other people choose to respond to what they do not agree with will never be your fault. The only actions that you can be held responsible for are your own, whether they do come from a natural feeling or not.

True, but if you "decide" to be gay then you're also choosing the negativity that comes with it. People have been disowned by their families and friends for being gay, they've been taunted to the point of suicide for being gay, they've been physically harmed and/or threatened for being gay.

It is true that you can only be responsible for your end of things, but if homosexuality was just simply a choice then many people would choose against it simply because of the negative reaction many people have towards it. For most people, it simply wouldn't be worth it.

P.S. Its obvious that you and I will never agree on the issue of whether homosexuality is a choice or not,

True, but c'mon, we're having fun aren't we? It's fun to banter a bit back and forth. It's never been personal and I certainly haven't been offended by your posts. You've been nothing but kind and respectful :)

but if people have treated you like dirt because of your way of being, I am truly sorry that such a thing was done to you. In my opinion two negatives only make a positive in math class, but not in real life.

Ahh, you don't have to be sorry. As I said you've been kind. But thanks anyway :)

^^^ Thank you for the maturity that you have shown and for saying what you have said about me. Sadly I have run across too many people online who have accused me of being close minded when they are just as bad if not worse because all that they end up doing is jumping on those who share a belief or opinion that they make it as clear as glass that they do not agree with.

The first thing that you say in your message here is actually what I am talking about. It all comes down to what people believe is okay to do, say, be, think, etc. and what they believe is wrong to do, say, be, think, etc. and what should be done about them. Its like punishing your kids when they do wrong. My dad is a good example of this. I haven't had anything to do with him for close to ten years now because of his refusal to set what I think is the right example like any parent should do for their kids. He thinks that there is nothing wrong with what he chooses to continue doing, but with me being a person of the Lord, my definition of the right example is of course not the same as his definition of the right example. Whenever I see this one episode of Reba's first sitcom, I think about my dad when she says to her son, "If you have a problem with the rules, you take it up with your principal, but you do not break the rules!" Well to me, that is how it should be with anyone who goes against the word of the Lord.

God bless you and Reba always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:
God is a heterosexual male, right?

He must be because he knocked up Mary. (out of wedlock, I note)

Makes me wonder why a hetero god would have made so many gays, then.

Can anyone explain this to me?
I don't believe that God made people that way when the only way that he made reproduction happen is between a male and a female.

^^^ I don't believe that there is anything wrong with eating pork either. Holly
Then you are disobeying the Lord.

"Leviticus 11: 7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you."

No offense, because you seem to be a really nice person; but you are picking and choosing which of the Lord's words you believe and which ones you disbelieve. :)
No offense taken. :) :) :)

If eating ham, bacon, and Ball Park beef hot dogs is against the word of the Lord, I can give them things up easily...if them things are actual pork. Please forgive me for not knowing if they are or not.

God bless you two always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:
^^^ God doesn't have to explain such a thing because he doesn't make someone in a way that goes against his own word. Could I choose to be a homosexual? Yeah, but I am not going to go down such a road because I never intend to go against the word of the Lord.

^^^ Why some people can't have kids is a question that only the Lord can answer.
Perhaps the same applies to people who are born gay. Only God knows why
The Lord knows why a person chooses to be a homosexual even if they say were born such a way.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

I don't think Dark Lion said a thing about being homosexual.

When I was 12 years old my parents took me to Vegas. We were staying at the Trop and behind the pool with the poker tables there is a Jacuzzi. I was kicking it in the Jacuzzi and a man probably in his early 40's got in on the other side.

I could see out of the corner of my eye he was looking at me. I remember wondering why is this guy slowly going under water. And then it happened. His foot touched my junk.

I immediately jumped up and screamed F.....ing (slang word for bundle of sticks bound together to be used in a fire). The gay man ran off real quick to the elevator never to be seen again.

This was traumatizing to me. I remember thinking why would this guy be attracted to me am I gay and just don't know it yet? No that can't be I like looking at Playboy.

Long Story short after a few months of this traumatizing experience I fought off the pressure to turn gay and stayed straight. Im happily married now.

Scary times

Well that is the actual word for a person who goes with a person of their own gender, isn't it?

Holly

P.S. This leads to me to something that I have wondered about for a while actually and I apologize if what I am about to ask is a dumb question, but why is the word "lesbian" even used when the word "homosexual" is there anyways? I know what "lesbian" means, but why not just say the word "homosexual" when it pretty much has the same meaning?

Last edited:
Well that is the actual word for a person who goes with a person of their own gender, isn't it?

Holly

Homosexual is the word used when a person is attracted to those of the same gender. Again, I don't believe Dark Lion claimed to be homosexual.

P.S. This leads to me to something that I have wondered about for a while actually and I apologize if what I am about to ask is a dumb question, but why is the word "lesbian" even used when the word "homosexual" is there anyways? I know what "lesbian" means, but why not just say the word "homosexual" when it pretty much has the same meaning?

"homosexual" is used to denote both lesbians and gays. the word "lesbian" is usually not used separately when referring to homosexuals, but is used when referring to men as "gay." "Gays and Lesbians" or "homosexuals"

I hope that clarifies the issue says the heterosexual woman. :)

Homosexual is the word used when a person is attracted to those of the same gender. Again, I don't believe Dark Lion claimed to be homosexual.

"homosexual" is used to denote both lesbians and gays. the word "lesbian" is usually not used separately when referring to homosexuals, but is used when referring to men as "gay." "Gays and Lesbians" or "homosexuals"

I hope that clarifies the issue says the heterosexual woman. :)
Thanks. To be honest, I have never liked the word "gay" being used either when the word does have another meaning.

Holly

When I was 12 years old my parents took me to Vegas. We were staying at the Trop and behind the pool with the poker tables there is a Jacuzzi. I was kicking it in the Jacuzzi and a man probably in his early 40's got in on the other side.

I could see out of the corner of my eye he was looking at me. I remember wondering why is this guy slowly going under water. And then it happened. His foot touched my junk.

I immediately jumped up and screamed F.....ing (slang word for bundle of sticks bound together to be used in a fire). The gay man ran off real quick to the elevator never to be seen again.

This was traumatizing to me. I remember thinking why would this guy be attracted to me am I gay and just don't know it yet? No that can't be I like looking at Playboy.

Long Story short after a few months of this traumatizing experience I fought off the pressure to turn gay and stayed straight. Im happily married now.

Scary times

"Pressure to turn gay"? sorry, that sounds kinda hokey. Please tell us what this "pressure to turn gay" consisted of exactly? Did you start becoming sexually attracted to guys?

Unless you were actually sexually attracted to guys, i doubt very seriously that there was any "pressure" on you to "turn gay" that you had to "fight off". :)

Scary times

"Pressure to turn gay"? sorry, that sounds kinda hokey. Please tell us what this "pressure to turn gay" consisted of exactly? Did you start becoming sexually attracted to guys?

Unless you were actually sexually attracted to guys, i doubt very seriously that there was any "pressure" on you to "turn gay" that you had to "fight off". :)

I can't believe that a budge with a foot could be seen as 'pressure' to turn gay. Ridiculous.

• Thanks
Reactions: PJC
I'm of the opinion that men who insist that gay men choose to be gay?

Know what they are talking about because THEY are choosing NOT to act on their gay urges.

the rest of us, we who think they are nuts, think like we think because in our case we don't have to repress those urges.

Because we, unlike they, do not have to choose to PRETEND to be straight.

No wonder those homophobic boys are so nuts.

They're living a lie and they KNOW IT.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: PJC
I'm of the opinion that men who insist that gay men choose to be gay?

Know what they are talking about because THEY are choosing NOT to act on their gay urges.

the rest of us, we who think they are nuts, think like we think because in our case we don't have to repress those urges.

Because we, unlike they, do not have to choose to PRETEND to be straight.

No wonder those homophobic boys are so nuts.

They're living a lie and they KNOW IT.
I'd say you are quite right. It seems rather obvious anyone who truly believes homosexuality is a choice is bi-sexual and is projecting from that orientation. A properly functioning heterosexual cannot conceive of being sexually attracted to the same gender.

For those who wonder about the cause of homosexuality: Prenatal hormones and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scary times

Just get a chick to kick you in the nuts and you will "straighten" out.

Forum List

Back