Is Sexual Orientation A Choice?

People once believed the world was flat. Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. You need more than that, and evidence (along with logic and reason) strongly suggests that it is not a choice, overwhelmingly so.

PS: Homosexuality has been documented in thousands of animal species. Why would "the Lord" allow this if it were not part of "his" design?

Last edited:
^^^ Well I believe that is why he died for us, so that we could still have the ability to choose how it is that we want to live. Sadly what some people have no interest in getting is that there is only one right way and that is the way that he intended it to be and since two males together can't reproduce and neither can two females together, what other way is there?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

People once believed the world was flat. Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. You need more than that, and evidence (along with logic and reason) strongly suggests that it is not a choice, overwhelmingly so.

PS: Homosexuality has been documented in thousands of animal species. Why would "the Lord" allow this if it were not part of "his" design?

What natural uses does it have?

^^^ Well I believe that is why he died for us, so that we could still have the ability to choose how it is that we want to live. Sadly what some people have no interest in getting is that there is only one right way and that is the way that he intended it to be and since two males together can't reproduce and neither can two females together, what other way is there?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Once again, you're telling us what you believe yet you back it up with nothing. There's no tangible evidence that God exists, but there is plenty of evidence that homosexuality is a natural phenomenon. I'm not interested in what you believe, I'm interested in what you can prove and thus far you have been sorely lacking in that regard.

You cannot even answer my question about homosexuality in animals. If there is no God, then this conversation is moot. If there IS a God, then it must be part of his design, unless you're going to claim that animals have the same power of choice that humans have.

What say you?

Last edited:
What natural uses does it have?

One could argue that it strengthens the bonds that social creatures depend on for survival. Male lions form coalitions in the wild, teaming up with several other males to endure the harsh wilds together. These males often mate with each other, and biologists believe that it strengthens the bonds to ensure the group doesn't fracture. Since a group has a better chance at survival than a lone lion, the homosexual acts contribute to their survival.

And male lions that rule a pride often rule with one or two other males, and once again these are often observed mating with each other. So you have male animals mating with each other even when they have females at their disposal. Once again, biologists believe this behavior strengthens the bond between the males, thus ensuring that the two males will reign peacefully together.

Since two or more males have a better chance of defending the pride than one male alone, the homosexual acts between the males helps ensure that their genes will pass on to another generation.

How's that for a useful natural biological function of homosexuality?

Last edited:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Can you choose to be a lesbian? Yes or no?

^^^ I believe that it is a choice because the Lord would have a person be something that would go against his own word.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. We were placed on this planet to replenish it and since only a man and woman can do that, why would the Lord have certain people go for those of their own gender?

It is part of Gods plan to make them gay. Did god make a mistake?

I don't believe that it was a part of God's plan to make anyone a homosexual and I don't care who hates me for standing up for what it is that I believe in. If it was God's plan to make everyone a homosexual, the man never would have made woman or had their connecting with a male be the way that new people would be put on this planet.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Why do you think that the Lord only had the act of reproducing be between a man and woman, instead of two males together, or two females together?

But did God make Mathew Shepard gay, or did he choose to be gay, and thus choose the horrific nature of his death?
That person chose the kind of life that he wanted to live and someone else chose when, how, and why his life came to an end.

Holly

So tell me, why would someone choose a lifestyle that may make them a pariah in their community, endangering their own lives and be unable to marry the one they love? If someone can just simply choose, why choose the vastly more difficult path?

Suicides are more prevalent among my community then straight people, because of the hell we endure from the rest of society. Why choose it?

people choose to be liberals. being that kind of a pariah never stopped them from making the choice

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Can you choose to be a lesbian? Yes or no?

if i was a chic, i could choose to be a lesbian real easy

Matthew Shepard was gay due to an anomaly. He chose to harass the wrong man and that's what caused his death. The same choice that Lawrence King made when he chose to harass Brian McInerney and that led to his death.

Matthew Shepard was gay due to an anomaly. He chose to harass the wrong man and that's what caused his death. The same choice that Lawrence King made when he chose to harass Brian McInerney and that led to his death.

Damn...You are one sick fuck

I don't believe that it was a part of God's plan to make anyone a homosexual and I don't care who hates me for standing up for what it is that I believe in. If it was God's plan to make everyone a homosexual, the man never would have made woman or had their connecting with a male be the way that new people would be put on this planet.

Holly

P.S. Why do you think that the Lord only had the act of reproducing be between a man and woman, instead of two males together, or two females together?

Maybe it's part of God's plan for some people to be gay, but not everyone. It happens in animals naturally, why not people too?

people choose to be liberals. being that kind of a pariah never stopped them from making the choice

That's just stupid. Seriously, if you have nothing to add, don't respond.

stupid? I think not. liberals speak of rights and free choice. but for them it only applies if it is something they persoanlly agree with. if they don't, they are the first ones to fight to ban something or pass laws against it

Blaming the victim, are we? Typical conservative.

Forum List

Back