Is Sexual Orientation A Choice?

I think sexual taste is a lot like culinary taste. You don't "choose" to like or dislike spinach. And there are people who occupy every space on the spinach spectrum, from "I would rather stick needles in my eyes before I eat spinach" to "I would eat it at my in-laws just to be polite" to "I eat it for my health" to "I can't get enough of the stuff".

Just so with sexuality. You have people on that spectrum from "Gay as the day is long" to "I live to hump the opposite sex every waking moment" and all places in between.

Taste is not a choice. You can have straight parents with a gay kid, and you can have parents who love spinach who have a kid who can't stand the stuff.

When did you choose not to be gay? When did you choose not to like spinach?

^^^ If homosexuality is what the Lord intended, why was woman made after man was made? Why not just another man?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

^^^ If homosexuality is what the Lord intended, why was woman made after man was made? Why not just another man?

Holly

If the Lord did not want homosexuality, why does he make homosexuals?

And which Lord are we talking about? Which brand?

^^^ Maybe the Lord's word is right, ever think of that? :) :) :)

Holly

Of course, I was raised baptist. I believed it all when I was a kid. But then as my powers of reasoning matured, I rejected it. Even at the age of 14 it sounded like bullshit.

Wrong, I can't force myself to believe. If i could I would. I'd love to think I'd see my loved ones again. But I can't. Logic gets in my way. Reality isn't something you arbitrarily choose to believe in.

Could you choose to be attracted to someone of the gender opposite of the gender to which you currently feel attracted i.e. if you're straight could you choose to get turned on by someone of the same sex, or if you're gay could you choose to get turned on by someone of the opposite sex?

Discuss.

My opinion is: No. Dudes are gross.

Is Sexual Orientation A Choice? No, but neither it is genetic.

Is Sexual Orientation A Choice?
Can't say.

What I can say is that "gayness" is an unquantifiable behavior trait, rather than an objectively verifiable identity trait like gender and ethnicity.

So says the House/Residential expert on all things Gay @ USMB

usmbhouseout.jpg

Could you choose to be attracted to someone of the gender opposite of the gender to which you currently feel attracted i.e. if you're straight could you choose to get turned on by someone of the same sex, or if you're gay could you choose to get turned on by someone of the opposite sex?

Discuss.

It doesn't matter if it's a choice or not.

Some people might choose to be homosexual, some people might not.

There are an awful lot of gay men who got married and had kids before they came out of the closet. If it wasn't a choice they shouldn't have been able to get it up for a woman right?

With some, it may be more of a preference than a choice. Bisexuals do exist.

A married acquaintance of mine went home unexpectedly for lunch only to find her hubby in bed with another...man. :eek: The last I heard, she was still in therapy. Very tragic to find the person you love and are married to, isn't who you think they are, and in the most hard-to-comprehend and unforgiving circumstances.

Discuss.

Sexual preference is determined by hormones. Homosexual impulses are the result of hormonal imbalance.

(Excerpt)

The hormonal theory of sexuality holds that, just as exposure to certain hormones plays a role in fetal sex differentiation, such exposure also influences the sexual orientation that emerges later in the adult. Prenatal hormones may be seen as the primary determinant of adult sexual orientation, or a co-factor with genes, biological factors and/or environmental and social conditions.

Prenatal hormones and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Close)

Forum List

Back