Is the Democratic Party waking up?

I have no problem with the idea of judgement. But be prepared to defense your reasons for it.
I feel zero (0) obligation to defend my opinions when I know I'm in an asymmetrical conversation. They are a waste of time. I'm burned out on them.

Further, I no longer come here in search of interesting conversation (although I do stumble into it from time to time). I come here to observe behaviors and occasionally belch out my opinion when the mood strikes (which allows me to observe even MORE behaviors).

I do think it's funny when wingers here complain that I don't respect their intellectually dishonest, hyper-partisan, comically one-sided opinions. Most of them are the same people who clearly find it perfectly reasonable to launch nasty, personal insults and attacks on other parts of this very forum, and then expect me to take them seriously.

You're certainly free to turn my threads into bitch-fests about me. All they do is cement my opinions. Otherwise, I just don't care.

Make a harsh judgement and refuse to even discuss it? And I'm just supposed to let it stand without challenge?

That is not reasonable. That is fairly trollish behavior.

It has a lot of similarity to the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion.

I feel zero (0) obligation to defend my opinions when I know I'm in an asymmetrical conversation. They are a waste of time. I'm burned out on them.

Then maybe you should just stop coming here and annoying people.

I do think it's funny when wingers here complain that I don't respect their intellectually dishonest, hyper-partisan, comically one-sided opinions. Most of them are the same people who clearly find it perfectly reasonable to launch nasty, personal insults and attacks on other parts of this very forum, and then expect me to take them seriously.

You're certainly free to turn my threads into bitch-fests about me. All they do is cement my opinions. Otherwise, I just don't care.

Well, you have a point, Mac. You've managed to achieve bipartisanship. Everyone on both sides thinks you're a pompous ass.

The sad thing is his OP isn't a bad one. I don't agree with much of it but it's not a completely unfair start for someone who claims to be moderate. But he won't debate his own opinion or really talk about it. He throws out accusations and then when challenged he runs away. It literally happens every time.

I have no problem with the idea of judgement. But be prepared to defense your reasons for it.

Further, I no longer come here in search of interesting conversation (although I do stumble into it from time to time). I come here to observe behaviors and occasionally belch out my opinion when the mood strikes (which allows me to observe even MORE behaviors).

Make a harsh judgement and refuse to even discuss it? And I'm just supposed to let it stand without challenge?

Challenge it all you want.

Actually he sees some Democrats as 'far left' that he likes to broad brush all Democrats with. But I was specifically interested in who he thought was a bigot and far left. He couldn't answer, he realized this and ran away.

He also doesn't seem to realize WHY people are supporting Bernie or AOC. It's because the bottom 80% only own 6.7% of stocks, the top 20% of the country owns 93% of them.

So while those guys might make him wet his expensive suit, those of us who wear denim to work just can't get worked up that 'Oh, my God, you guys... Wall Street Hates Bernie!!"

I think Mac is pretty much just in it for himself.

I made him see his own collusion with the Lefty wingers, and how he will not, can not oppose them on the real crux(s) of the matter, and, as science says he would do, instead of admitting it, he is doubling down on it and becoming more partisan and less tolerant.

This is my fault. I broke Rightwinger the same way.

I'm not sure what to do, instead.

Well, you have a point, Mac. You've managed to achieve bipartisanship. Everyone on both sides thinks you're a pompous ass.

The sad thing is his OP isn't a bad one. I don't agree with much of it but it's not a completely unfair start for someone who claims to be moderate. But he won't debate his own opinion or really talk about it. He throws out accusations and then when challenged he runs away. It literally happens every time.
I'm not a moderate. I have never claimed to be a moderate. The second line of my sig says: For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

This is just another great example of why I no longer bother. You people make up stuff and then attack based on that. So, thanks for the latest example.

I've had it with the dishonesty. Trying to communicate with people like you is pointless.

He has about half the people who disagree with him or challenge him on "ignore".

The problem with Mac that I've had is that he makes these assertions and then gets upset when someone challenges him.

For instance, he complained that certain right wingers have been chased off college campuses like that was a new thing. It really isn't. I remember back in 1985, the Students chased "Book of Virtues" phony William Bennett off the UIC campus after his notorious 'divestment' statement that kids should give up spring breaks and stereos if they wanted to pay for college.

Actually he sees some Democrats as 'far left' that he likes to broad brush all Democrats with. But I was specifically interested in who he thought was a bigot and far left. He couldn't answer, he realized this and ran away.

He also doesn't seem to realize WHY people are supporting Bernie or AOC. It's because the bottom 80% only own 6.7% of stocks, the top 20% of the country owns 93% of them.

So while those guys might make him wet his expensive suit, those of us who wear denim to work just can't get worked up that 'Oh, my God, you guys... Wall Street Hates Bernie!!"

I think Mac is pretty much just in it for himself.

I made him see his own collusion with the Lefty wingers, and how he will not, can not oppose them on the real crux(s) of the matter, and, as science says he would do, instead of admitting it, he is doubling down on it and becoming more partisan and less tolerant.

This is my fault. I broke Rightwinger the same way.

I'm not sure what to do, instead.

Eh,hmm. I think Mac is moderate and most likely will adjust his own opinions only so he remains directly in the middle. For whatever reason that's important to him.

Like most people, he is not prepared to admit when he is being wrong. I have forced him to see it, once or twice and he has become angry and withdrawn since then.

I learned from the exchanges, but the cost was high. For him.

I'm not a moderate. I have never claimed to be a moderate. The second line of my sig says: For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

This is just another great example of why I no longer bother. You people make up stuff and then attack based on that. So, thanks for the latest example.

I've had it with the dishonesty. Trying to communicate with people like you is pointless.

Oh, Mac, I've stopped listenidng to how you like to position yourself. After all you won't even defend it so why should I care what you call yourself?

Trump was what happens when you feed the Republican Base a steady supply of Racism, Misogyny and homophobia.. Eventually, you end up with someone who takes that shit seriously.
^^ is what happens when you go full retard.
Why did I know you were talking about Joebitch when I cannot see his posts because I have him blocked?

Because that is WHY I have him blocked, lol.

Ok.

I am not a "winger". You are too quick to call people wingers, and are not fair in comparing and contrasting right vs left behavior.

The sides are NOT equivalent.

As I said, nothing about Trump, even comes close to justifying the reaction from the Left.

And your blaming Trump for how the Left is behaving, is not reasonable.

And once again, we see the first line of my sig right here, in all its glory:

1. >>> It's not about "Left vs. Right". It's about the FUNDAMENTALISTS on BOTH ends vs. a MAJORITY of America. THAT is MY "side of the fence".

Still waiting for that list of bigoted far left Democrats. Where are they?

Ok.

I am not a "winger". You are too quick to call people wingers, and are not fair in comparing and contrasting right vs left behavior.

The sides are NOT equivalent.

As I said, nothing about Trump, even comes close to justifying the reaction from the Left.

And your blaming Trump for how the Left is behaving, is not reasonable.
Yes, the sides are not equivalent.

Nor have I ever said they are.

But it's in your minds that I have.

And that's on both ends, of course.

:p

1. >>> It's not about "Left vs. Right". It's about the FUNDAMENTALISTS on BOTH ends vs. a MAJORITY of America. THAT is MY "side of the fence".

There is a long list. But I have already told you why I don't bother providing examples for people like you.

You saw that, but you're pretending you didn't. Because you're dishonest.

There is a long list. But I have already told you why I don't bother providing examples for people like you.

You saw that, but you're pretending you didn't. Because you're dishonest.

It's obviously an excuse. Name 3, how hard could that be? Yes, I may have a follow up to whoever you name, sorry but why do you think you deserve the last word anyway? For a forum that is all about debate it's weird how you make excuses from not doing so.

Oh, Mac, I've stopped listenidng to how you like to position yourself. After all you won't even defend it so why should I care what you call yourself?
Well, ain't this interesting.

You guys are bitching and moaning and whining that I don't take you seriously, and then you say this.

Gawd, I love this place.

Forum List

Back