Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Are you kidding me...they passed numerous bills for jobs...well, they passed uh, 150 bills creating jobs...whats that now?...they passed NONE...my bad.

Sorry, the GOP could care less about jobs even though they ran on job creations. They have the balls to say raising taxes on the top 1% will kill jobs? Really? What the fuck do they even know about job creations?

It's difficult to do when the Marxists control the Senate and the White House. But no worries, that will change in '12.

Can you name something they even attempted to pass that would create jobs? Just one thing please. No? Didnt think so.

Oh yeah, everything will change in 12.
Ryan's budget.

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.
They aren't. The Democrats are demanding more spending...more of the same that got us here...and the Republicans are the responsible ones.

Statist Democrats stonewall...and BLAME others...typical horseshit from the left.

Republicans are just weird.

On liberals they say, "The liberals of the past were a "different kind" of liberal".

Not really. The conservatives of today are just like conservatives of the past. Read the definition of conservative:

con·ser·va·tive (kn-sûrv-tv)
adj.
1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.
a. Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism.
b. Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.
5. Conservative Of or belonging to the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
6. Conservative Of or adhering to Conservative Judaism.
7. Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.
n.
1. One favoring traditional views and values.
2. A supporter of political conservatism.
3. Conservative A member or supporter of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
4. Archaic A preservative agent or principle.

conservative [kənˈsɜːvətɪv]
adj
1. favouring the preservation of established customs, values, etc., and opposing innovation
2. of, characteristic of, or relating to conservatism
3. tending to be moderate or cautious a conservative estimate
4. conventional in style or type a conservative suit
5. (Medicine) Med (of treatment) designed to alleviate symptoms Compare radical [4]
6. (Physics / General Physics) Physics a field of force, system, etc., in which the work done moving a body from one point to another is independent of the path taken between them electrostatic fields of force are conservative
n
1. a person who is reluctant to change or consider new ideas; conformist
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a supporter or advocate of conservatism
adj & n
(Cookery) a less common word for preservative
conservatively adv

---------------------------------------------------

That's "conservative". Afraid of change. Why do you think they are anti education. Anti science. Anti innovation. Afraid of ideas.

They use fear mongering because they are all scared. They have always been scared people. They live afraid and die afraid.

A cornered dog attacks. Republicans and conservatives are cornered by fear. That's why they only know attack and have only one policy, cut taxes for the rich.

:lol::lol::lol: Most of your posts are just classic. Thanks so much for the laughs.

You're right. "Truth" can be "filled with mirth".

Dean.....believe me when i say this......your pretty dam weird too....your complete Obsession with all things Republican,how they are responsible for every thing negative that happens anywhere,and i do mean anywhere.......makes you not only a little weird....but a little scary too..........your a fucking nut case....

Do you also say this to the GOPers on this board? Just look at the comment right below yours and maybe you can understand why we are fighting back. I realize I shouldn't presume to speak for Dean, so lets just say it is why I have been trying to show how truly awful the right has been.

if you have been here longer than the 5 minutes you have been on this Board you would know that this is Franks typical nonsensical remarks......you would also know that Dean is obsessed with Republicans....and has been told this by a few "Liberals" here.....and i think i have already said this to you once before when you had like 50 posts......will i have to say it again when you get 500 posts in?.....

Which is responsible for the failure of Obamanomics:

a. ATM
b. airport kiosk
c. GOP
d. Obamanomics

On liberals they say, "The liberals of the past were a "different kind" of liberal".

Not really. The conservatives of today are just like conservatives of the past. Read the definition of conservative:

adj.
5. Conservative Of or belonging to the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
7. Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.
n.
3. Conservative A member or supporter of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.

adj
1. favouring the preservation of established customs, values, etc., and opposing innovation
5. (Medicine) Med (of treatment) designed to alleviate symptoms Compare radical [4]
6. (Physics / General Physics) Physics a field of force, system, etc., in which the work done moving a body from one point to another is independent of the path taken between them electrostatic fields of force are conservative
n
adj & n
conservatively adv

That's "conservative". Afraid of change. Why do you think they are anti education. Anti science. Anti innovation. Afraid of ideas.

They use fear mongering because they are all scared. They have always been scared people. They live afraid and die afraid.

A cornered dog attacks. Republicans and conservatives are cornered by fear. That's why they only know attack and have only one policy, cut taxes for the rich.

lib·er·al (lbr-l, lbrl)
adj.
a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
c. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
d. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States
.​
If we're going by dictionary definitions, progressives aren't liberals.

Looks about right to me. The Democratic Party is a coalition party. To belong, you have to be "broad minded" and "tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others". No one, not even Republicans, would suggest that conservatives or Republicans are "broad minded" and "tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others".

Just because Democrats and liberals don't like the mean spirited ideas of the Republican Party doesn't mean they are narrow minded. You can reject a bad idea and not be narrow minded. Tax cuts for people with private jets, cutting medical benefits of seniors, subsidies for oil companies, these are just plain "bad" ideas. Even the most broad minded can't embrace them.

adj.
n.

adj
n
adj & n
conservatively adv

:lol::lol::lol: Most of your posts are just classic. Thanks so much for the laughs.

You're right. "Truth" can be "filled with mirth".

Well, that wasn't what I was alluding to but............I'm laughing again.

It's difficult to do when the Marxists control the Senate and the White House. But no worries, that will change in '12.

Can you name something they even attempted to pass that would create jobs? Just one thing please. No? Didnt think so.

Oh yeah, everything will change in 12.
Ryan's budget.

:razz: Ryans budget? Really?

Rep. Ryan’s House GOP Budget Plan

Federal Government Would Collect $2 Trillion Less Over a Decade
and Yet Require Bottom 90 Percent to Pay Higher Taxes
Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI), the ranking Republican on the House Budget Committee,

The federal government would collect $183 billion less in 2011 and more than $2 trillion
less over a decade than it would if Congress adopted President Obama’s tax proposals.

􀂃 Federal taxes would be lower for the richest ten percent, and higher for all other income
groups, than they would be if President Obama’s proposals were enacted.

􀂃 The bottom 80 percent of taxpayers would pay about $1,700 more, on average, than they
would if President Obama’s proposals were enacted.

􀂃 The richest one percent would pay about $211,300 less on average than they would if
President Obama’s proposals were enacted.

􀂃 The poorest 20 percent would pay 12.3 percent of their income more than what they
would pay under the President’s proposal, while the richest one percent would pay 15
percent of their income less than they would pay under the President’s proposal.

http://ctj.org/pdf/ryanplan2010.pdf

Dean.....believe me when i say this......your pretty dam weird too....your complete Obsession with all things Republican,how they are responsible for every thing negative that happens anywhere,and i do mean anywhere.......makes you not only a little weird....but a little scary too..........your a fucking nut case....

Do you also say this to the GOPers on this board? Just look at the comment right below yours and maybe you can understand why we are fighting back. I realize I shouldn't presume to speak for Dean, so lets just say it is why I have been trying to show how truly awful the right has been.

if you have been here longer than the 5 minutes you have been on this Board you would know that this is Franks typical nonsensical remarks......you would also know that Dean is obsessed with Republicans....and has been told this by a few "Liberals" here.....and i think i have already said this to you once before when you had like 50 posts......will i have to say it again when you get 500 posts in?.....

Obsession is what Republicans have for Obama. Go ahead, try to deny it.

Obsession-Cover-for-web.gif

POT... Meet Kettle. Let me guess... It's Ok to blame everything.. and I do mean everything on Obama and those damned "Libruls"... But it's not OK to fight back?

When we show numbers... you poo poo the source.. but yet you guys throw shit up from Heritage.koch and expect us to accept it as gospel.

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

Schumer? :lol:

Democrats: Creating a dependent-on-government individual one after another.

Elitist greedy pubs and their silly dupes have been the ruin of the world for 140 years- definitely worth obsessing about. Monopolists, Anti-worker, xenophobic, arrogant, isolationist, Depression causing, recovery stalling, ugly American, covert adventurist war mongering deregulating bastids...and their silly myth believing dupes...(nice people beside that...):lol:

Last edited:
List of things Dems say are preventing recovery: bank ATM's, airport kiosks, Booooooosh, GOP

List of things Pubes say are preventing our recovery....

Obama.

Big government would be more accurate.

Whichever ideologue serves up the progressive agenda is offensive to conservatives. It is Obama's policies that are toxic. He is just some community organizer that has proven to be an empty suit.

List of things Dems say are preventing recovery: bank ATM's, airport kiosks, Booooooosh, GOP

List of things Pubes say are preventing our recovery....

Obama.

Big government would be more accurate.

Whichever ideologue serves up the progressive agenda is offensive to conservatives. It is Obama's policies that are toxic. He is just some community organizer that has proven to be an empty suit.

You are absolutely wrong. It must be terrible to be so blind.

Forum List

Back