Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Republicans are just weird.

On liberals they say, "The liberals of the past were a "different kind" of liberal".

Not really. The conservatives of today are just like conservatives of the past. Read the definition of conservative:

con·ser·va·tive (kn-sûrv-tv)
adj.
1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.
a. Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism.
b. Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.
5. Conservative Of or belonging to the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
6. Conservative Of or adhering to Conservative Judaism.
7. Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.
n.
1. One favoring traditional views and values.
2. A supporter of political conservatism.
3. Conservative A member or supporter of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
4. Archaic A preservative agent or principle.

conservative [kənˈsɜːvətɪv]
adj
1. favouring the preservation of established customs, values, etc., and opposing innovation
2. of, characteristic of, or relating to conservatism
3. tending to be moderate or cautious a conservative estimate
4. conventional in style or type a conservative suit
5. (Medicine) Med (of treatment) designed to alleviate symptoms Compare radical [4]
6. (Physics / General Physics) Physics a field of force, system, etc., in which the work done moving a body from one point to another is independent of the path taken between them electrostatic fields of force are conservative
n
1. a person who is reluctant to change or consider new ideas; conformist
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a supporter or advocate of conservatism
adj & n
(Cookery) a less common word for preservative
conservatively adv

---------------------------------------------------

That's "conservative". Afraid of change. Why do you think they are anti education. Anti science. Anti innovation. Afraid of ideas.

They use fear mongering because they are all scared. They have always been scared people. They live afraid and die afraid.

A cornered dog attacks. Republicans and conservatives are cornered by fear. That's why they only know attack and have only one policy, cut taxes for the rich.

:lol::lol::lol: Most of your posts are just classic. Thanks so much for the laughs.

Are you crazy? I'd put money on it that you would have a very hard time convincing one of those folks that accidentally poisoned their pet that they should be ashamed for counting on a government agency to make sure our pet food was safe. Now just stretch that out to consider their children and e coli and you'll just see yourself standing mostly alone.

We had a whooping cough epidemic in some places in the last few years. I guess those good folks that lost a child should feel ashamed that they "needed" the government to help them out.

Yep, you're crazy.
Yep, you're a moonbat.

No one is calling for no government, you moron, except for idiot anarchists.

But you big government nanny statists are terrified of not having your hands held, so you oppose any call for decreasing the size of government. You make emotional and hysterical claims that we'll all die if government is downsized.

Downsized to what. Completely ineffective? You have no plan moonbat. You are just "whistling in the wind".
You don't even know what "moonbat" means, you buffoon. :lol:

I have a plan. It's called the Constitution of the United States of America.

You know, that yellow old document you hate because it says the government doesn't have to hold your hand.

It's worse then that, they dig up the dead so they can vote for us to pay more taxes. Which is why the left is against checking ID. They are the party of election fraud, and they know it. Whatever it takes to elect a liberal...

Could someone dig up the founders so we could have a redo?

You don't want them...they were Liberals.

they may have been in many ways....but they had one characteristic that so many of the jerks of today dont have.....those guys put Country before any personal or Party gains.....

On liberals they say, "The liberals of the past were a "different kind" of liberal".

Not really. The conservatives of today are just like conservatives of the past. Read the definition of conservative:

con·ser·va·tive (kn-sûrv-tv)
adj.
1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.
a. Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism.
b. Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.
5. Conservative Of or belonging to the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
6. Conservative Of or adhering to Conservative Judaism.
7. Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.
n.
1. One favoring traditional views and values.
2. A supporter of political conservatism.
3. Conservative A member or supporter of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
4. Archaic A preservative agent or principle.

conservative [kənˈsɜːvətɪv]
adj
1. favouring the preservation of established customs, values, etc., and opposing innovation
2. of, characteristic of, or relating to conservatism
3. tending to be moderate or cautious a conservative estimate
4. conventional in style or type a conservative suit
5. (Medicine) Med (of treatment) designed to alleviate symptoms Compare radical [4]
6. (Physics / General Physics) Physics a field of force, system, etc., in which the work done moving a body from one point to another is independent of the path taken between them electrostatic fields of force are conservative
n
1. a person who is reluctant to change or consider new ideas; conformist
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a supporter or advocate of conservatism
adj & n
(Cookery) a less common word for preservative
conservatively adv

---------------------------------------------------

That's "conservative". Afraid of change. Why do you think they are anti education. Anti science. Anti innovation. Afraid of ideas.

They use fear mongering because they are all scared. They have always been scared people. They live afraid and die afraid.

A cornered dog attacks. Republicans and conservatives are cornered by fear. That's why they only know attack and have only one policy, cut taxes for the rich.

lib·er·al (lbr-l, lbrl)
adj.
a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
c. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
d. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.​
If we're going by dictionary definitions, progressives aren't liberals.

Laugh my balls off................

Wry Catcher is a fraud, just like the city he lives in.

In which states are ALL the jobs being created over the last two years????

States with Republican governors!!!! Texas......North Dakota.........Ohio.........New Jersey..........Wisconsin.

Lefty states? Zero..............:D:D:D:fu:

Which leads to one question regarding the authenticity of the thread topic..............

peewee2.jpg

oh Christ Shamens Far Right brother checks in.....

Yep, you're a moonbat.

No one is calling for no government, you moron, except for idiot anarchists.

But you big government nanny statists are terrified of not having your hands held, so you oppose any call for decreasing the size of government. You make emotional and hysterical claims that we'll all die if government is downsized.

Downsized to what. Completely ineffective? You have no plan moonbat. You are just "whistling in the wind".
You don't even know what "moonbat" means, you buffoon. :lol:

I have a plan. It's called the Constitution of the United States of America.

You know, that yellow old document you hate because it says the government doesn't have to hold your hand.

You mean the one that starts with this Preamble?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

One of the things that's been amusing me lately is how often the right brings up the constitution yet they keep writing bills to change it.

And without the EPA, we know for a fact we won't have clean water.

It worries me now that they are fracking to mine coal.
It shouldn't worry you, because nobody's doing that.

Really? Then why did you cut out the NYT link to fracking. Here, I'll post another.

Relatively new drilling technology, high-volume hydraulic fracturing, now makes it possible to reach natural gas reserves that underlie much of the state of Ohio.

Commonly referred to as "horizontal hydrofracking" or just "fracking," deep-shale natural gas drilling uses high-pressure injection of water, sand, and chemicals to release the trapped gas.

The environmental and health impacts from high-volume hydraulic fracturing in other states are shocking and well documented, with a significant number of spills, blowouts, leaking wells, and other accidents and releases of contaminants.
OEC | Fracking

Dean.....believe me when i say this......your pretty dam weird too....your complete Obsession with all things Republican,how they are responsible for every thing negative that happens anywhere,and i do mean anywhere.......makes you not only a little weird....but a little scary too..........your a fucking nut case....

A week ago, ATM's and kiosks were to blame...now its the GOP?

I guess casting blame is better than trying to run on The Dem Record

The Dem Record

Record Debt
Record Deficits
Record Unemployment
Record Poverty
Record Homelessness
USA Loses its AAA Credit rating

Dems: That's quite a record

Dean.....believe me when i say this......your pretty dam weird too....your complete Obsession with all things Republican,how they are responsible for every thing negative that happens anywhere,and i do mean anywhere.......makes you not only a little weird....but a little scary too..........your a fucking nut case....

Do you also say this to the GOPers on this board? Just look at the comment right below yours and maybe you can understand why we are fighting back. I realize I shouldn't presume to speak for Dean, so lets just say it is why I have been trying to show how truly awful the right has been.

Forum List

Back