Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Downsized to what. Completely ineffective? You have no plan moonbat. You are just "whistling in the wind".
You don't even know what "moonbat" means, you buffoon. :lol:

I have a plan. It's called the Constitution of the United States of America.

You know, that yellow old document you hate because it says the government doesn't have to hold your hand.

You mean the one that starts with this Preamble?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

One of the things that's been amusing me lately is how often the right brings up the constitution yet they keep writing bills to change it.
Yeah. Now where in that document does it say the government is empowered to make all your decisions for you?

It worries me now that they are fracking to mine coal.
It shouldn't worry you, because nobody's doing that.

Really? Then why did you cut out the NYT link to fracking. Here, I'll post another.

Relatively new drilling technology, high-volume hydraulic fracturing, now makes it possible to reach natural gas reserves that underlie much of the state of Ohio.

Commonly referred to as "horizontal hydrofracking" or just "fracking," deep-shale natural gas drilling uses high-pressure injection of water, sand, and chemicals to release the trapped gas.

The environmental and health impacts from high-volume hydraulic fracturing in other states are shocking and well documented, with a significant number of spills, blowouts, leaking wells, and other accidents and releases of contaminants.
OEC | Fracking
*sigh* Nobody's fracking to mine coal, you idiot, as you claimed.

the k00ks can come in a POLITICS forum and scream about theory all they want. Amen........the fcukked job situation puts a big old bullseye right square on their asses. And its a beautiful thing.

Shit wont resonate with independents in 18 months when things are still fcukked.

2008 is a distant memory s0ns!!!!:fu:

Oh............almost forgot............PS.....................

2010-Congressional-Election-Map-1.jpg

I have a plan. It's called the Constitution of the United States of America.

It is clearly not ‘your plan,’ the right demonstrates that daily.

I wish you were smart enough to learn how the quote function works.

But in a way, you're right. The GOP abandoned the Constitution and joined the Democrats in the pork barrel. They need to return to conservative values to halt the decline of the nation. The last election was a start.

prostate-exam-assume-the-position-demotivational-poster-1258957430-2.jpg

s0ns.......make sure to tune into this forum 18 months from now. Wouldnt want you to miss me rolling out my gay MSPAINT 2008 redemption Photobucket Classics!!! Gonna be a fucking hoot!!!

Last edited:
Looks about right to me. The Democratic Party is a coalition party. To belong, you have to be "broad minded" and "tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others". No one, not even Republicans, would suggest that conservatives or Republicans are "broad minded" and "tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others".

Just because Democrats and liberals don't like the mean spirited ideas of the Republican Party doesn't mean they are narrow minded. You can reject a bad idea and not be narrow minded. Tax cuts for people with private jets, cutting medical benefits of seniors, subsidies for oil companies, these are just plain "bad" ideas. Even the most broad minded can't embrace them.
The Democrats are by no means free from bigotry. Their existence depends on identity politics, which is based on bigotry.

Neither are Democrats tolerant of other ideas. They are as intolerant and closed-minded as any fundamentalist cracker.

When you're ready to abandon your fantasies, we can talk. If you want to continue believing in unicorns, there's really not much point.

What a most unsurprising unruly surmisation by the op ed. He mentioned nothing about the do nothing congress from 2006-2010. Well, we did receive a trillion dollar unstimulating bill that did nothing for our economy.

you might as well go back to 2000 when our gifted leader gave away a surplus and gave out tax breaks only to have recession and stimulus monies sent directly to the mass populace.

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

DEMOCRATS control the senate and they have yet to come up with a plan to address this train wreck. DEMOCRATS were in contol of the house since 2006--and they made a bigger mess. Barack Obama has been in office for 3 years now--and has only made unemployment WORSE with his flood the basement economic policies.

MASSIVE government spending--massive government regulations do not create private sector jobs.

No one can BORROW and SPEND their way to PROSPERITY.

Sure it does.

I made a radical thread to illustrate how spending influences the private sector.

Almost none of the cons posting in the thread got what was happening..or used it as an opportunity to flame the thread.

Sometimes I really wonder if you guys even want the "buy in" to our collective future.

Or if you are just looking to smash it all to bits.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...ey-for-the-private-sector-14.html#post3814421

Looks about right to me. The Democratic Party is a coalition party. To belong, you have to be "broad minded" and "tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others". No one, not even Republicans, would suggest that conservatives or Republicans are "broad minded" and "tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others".

oh you mean like you are?......

Liberals are extremely open-minded as long as you believe everything they believe.

maher.jpg

Go google the states that are booming right now:D:D:D..........Texas........North Dakota.......Wisconsin.......New Jersey........Ohio.

Republican governors and Repbublican leadership...........

Lefty states?

No fcukking jobs............

Wrong:

gsp_0611.png

It's truly amazing how myths get carved in stone.

Only ONE of the five states you mentioned is in the top quintile.

Of course MY state is right there in the top group. With GDP growth in 2010 almost double Texas, hmmm...

...how is that possible?? :lol::lol::lol:

What a most unsurprising unruly surmisation by the op ed. He mentioned nothing about the do nothing congress from 2006-2010. Well, we did receive a trillion dollar unstimulating bill that did nothing for our economy.

you might as well go back to 2000 when our gifted leader gave away a surplus and gave out tax breaks only to have recession and stimulus monies sent directly to the mass populace.

There was no surplus.... Bush inherited a $5.8 Trillion deficit.

Hey Dave......as we've discussed over in the ENVIRONMENT forum..........the k00ks best get used to the idea of fracking.:rock::rock::rock:

Although.........I guess there is a possibility of some meaningful environmental legislation getting passed in the next 18 months!!:lmao::lmao::funnyface::eusa_dance:

oh you mean like you are?......

Liberals are extremely open-minded as long as you believe everything they believe.

Pot.... meet Kettle. You shiite Republicans are worse. Your boys are strongarming the country and a huge majority of people who DON'T feel like you for you agenda. There is no compromise, there is no negotiation... it's either "our way" or will sit on our hands and hold our collective breath like impudent little Children.

But you're okay with that when Democrats are doing it.

Pot.... meet Kettle. You shiite Republicans are worse. Your boys are strongarming the country and a huge majority of people who DON'T feel like you for you agenda. There is no compromise, there is no negotiation... it's either "our way" or will sit on our hands and hold our collective breath like impudent little Children.

kind of reminds me of that health care thing a while back the Democrats were shoving down everyones throats.....

That "health care" thing? That was what Got Obama and the dems in congress elected... just in case you forgot. It was only after tons of bullshit misinformation and out and out lies from the right that some people got scared.

How many people did you inform on to [email protected]?

You know that isn't true. Economists credit the stimulus with saving the economy, that isn't in dispute I'm afraid. As for a "do nothing" Congress, that also simply isn't true.

• Made college loans more affordable
  • The Cash for Clunkers program to help the auto industry
  • New consumer protections for credit-card users
  • Making it easier for women to challenge pay discrimination
  • Increasing federal regulation of tobacco products
  • Cracking down on waste in Pentagon weapons acquisition
  • Making attacks based on sexual orientation a federal hate crime
  • Giving businesses tax incentives to hire unemployed workers
  • Tax credits for first-time homeowners
  • Repealed DADT
  • Health Care Reform

What have the Repugs been doing? Not helping people, that's for sure.

Yup- all that pub fear mongering about the debt and the end of unemployment checks and all the cuts in public jobs and end of infrastructure jobs equals, guess what?, lack of demand!! You pay off the debt when the recovery is FIRM, not now!!- say Krugman and all the other Nobel prize winners- our debt is still low...same thing happened in UK, Ireland, .....Pubs even filibustered payroll tax cuts- EVERYTHING- this is THEIR economy....a-holes just want to get reelected....

Demand is real--it's not a fantasy. If Americans have more expendable cash in their pockets--they tend to spend it--creating demand. PAYROLL fica tax cuts will not stimulate EMPLOYERS into hiring more EMPLOYEES--that they don't need. And that was the intent of this bill.

Nor will giving employers a $3000.00 tax credit--(as democrats suggested last year) if employers hired someone. Employers only hire employees when the demand is there for more employees.

Some of you really need to take economics 101.

Yeah... why should they take a $3K tax credit when they can get slave labor for $1 or less/hour.
tipoftheday0ff.jpg

Mitch McConnell said his number one priorty was to defeat Obama. Quite simply put that makes his doing anything to improve the economy

1. not only a lower priorty, but also

2. an action that would be counterproductive towards achieving his number one priorty.

So logically to the extent that any other GOP'ers share McConnell's view, it makes perfect sense that they would not want to advance any policies that would help Obama's chances of being re-elected.

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

DEMOCRATS control the senate and they have yet to come up with a plan to address this train wreck. DEMOCRATS were in contol of the house since 2006--and they made a bigger mess. Barack Obama has been in office for 3 years now--and has only made unemployment WORSE with his flood the basement economic policies.

MASSIVE government spending--massive government regulations do not create private sector jobs.

No one can BORROW and SPEND their way to PROSPERITY.

Sure it does.

I made a radical thread to illustrate how spending influences the private sector.

Almost none of the cons posting in the thread got what was happening..or used it as an opportunity to flame the thread.

Sometimes I really wonder if you guys even want the "buy in" to our collective future.

Or if you are just looking to smash it all to bits.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...ey-for-the-private-sector-14.html#post3814421
Your idea was repeatedly shown to be unrealistic and unworkable.

There was no surplus.... Bush inherited a $5.8 Trillion deficit.

That's a lie.

Forum List

Back