Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

No, paying taxes is not good for America. Furthermore, that doesn't explain how the government is entitled to take my money. All it says is that you approve.

And it can be argued it is immoral to not pay taxes, given the vital services governments provide.

Otherwise, as I and others have tried to explain to you (a seemingly futile effort), Congress is authorized to tax by the Constitution.

Jones ....myself and a few others here would sure like it if you would learn how to use the quote function...:eusa_angel:
I have to agree. There's no way to tell which idiot you are responding to!

Meh. His arguments are starting to lose their zest. His heart doesn't seem in it anymore. Perhaps he is souring on the whole progressive agenda as he gets older and realizes that the liberal Utopia, while ideal, isn't realistic and will never exist.
If my zest is waning, perhaps it's because I'm tired of explaining simple things to simpletons who, tomorrow, will log in and make their same, talking-point, fact-less arguments?

Synth.....yes or no.....are their Liberals here who do the same thing day in and day out?.....
Yes.

:confused: So you don't expect to have to pay the military? or FEMA? You don't want to use the roads? Or maybe you think they should all be toll roads even though postal roads are part of the constitution. Just how do you think those programs should be paid for? Honestly, this particular discussion is one of the stupidest on this board.

That's because we are arguing with the 3 Stooges.

why i otta....
:)

I was actually talking about bripat9643, Provocateur, and daveman.

You are much more Marx Brothers than 3 Stooges.

Last edited:
Defense is the single biggest item in the budget. Defense is solely to blame for the mess we're in.

Were you aware that reality doesn't give a shit about your claims?

800px-U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2007.png

Which is cute..because benefits for veterans aren't scored as defense spending.

first iraq and afghan account for 118-125 billion of the dod budget there in.

so, how much do we spend on vet benefits? do you know? If I told you it was 2.5 billion, what would say? what if its 25 Billion?have you checked becasue you are gping to need a BIG number to skew the chart...

so, have at it, how much does the US spend a year on vets benefits?

thx in advance.

If you can show any evidence that the mainstream conservative Republican consensus supports meaningful real cuts in defense spending,

by all means do so. Otherwise admit that I'm right.

Why would anyone waste his time providing evidence for that? Defense is small potatoes compared to the liberal boondoggles.

Defense is the single biggest item in the budget. Defense is solely to blame for the mess we're in.

Why would anyone waste his time providing evidence for that? Defense is small potatoes compared to the liberal boondoggles.

Were you aware that reality doesn't give a shit about your claims?

whoopsey....:lol:

Other than pure whim, what's the rational basis for this assessment?

is $900,000 / year "rich?"

What a system. We have a vote as to what's enough money and then punish people who make more then that. Oh, but only because it's "fair."
Contributing to the society you live in is 'punishment'?

Yup - you're a conservative!
Actually I'm a libertarian. And what a ridiculous jump to extremes. Show me where I said I oppose all taxes. Typical liberal laziness.

ROFL! There's no practical or moral difference between taxation and confiscation. It is your money regardless of whether the government decides to take it.

Well let's see. You earned the money, the government has the power to take it by force. You don't see that as an equal moral claim?
Where did you earn the money? Here.

My earning the money in the United States makes it the government's money? I thought the government was for the benefit of the people, not the other way around. Then again I'm not a Marxist like you are.

so.....

I have a figure of approx. 1.594 Trillion= medicare/ Medicaid/ss and 100 billion ( which I think is a low ball) I added from discretionary spending is spent on social prgms.

So the dod, gets 689 plus, oh I’d say 25 Billion a year for vets benefits and I’ll add another say, 100 billion just for US Aid etc etc..……814 billion…

As I said Iraq and afghan. account for 168 billion (118 and 50) of the dod budget this year. So 814+ 168= 982. Now as we pull out that number will shrink, I don’t think it will all go away, the 168 Billion but, oh half? 982-84= 898. lets call it 900 billion for fiscal 2012…and it will drop there after probably settling on the bare bones dod budget I saw Gates float of approx. 560 billion, lets call that 700 B just for the hell of it.

So okay, wanna squeeze more? Lets take a 25% hit, and for the sane folks out there, you know that any dept./ prgm etc. that takes a 25% hit, well that will have massive effect, Gates himself said so straight away.

We are left at- 550 billion.

550 Billion vs. 1.594 Trillon. 3-1 …..so, the question remains, what is going to be cut from the 2/3’s greater funding? Anything?

How is that fair?

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a death tax. But this does tell me that you are a FOXRUSHSEANBOT. :lol:
First, liberals, can't argue your positions logically so you call names. But I'll accept your challenge and play word games with you about a death tax.

What do you call a tax triggered by income: An income tax:

What do you call a tax triggered by realization of capital gains? A capital gains tax.

What do you call a tax triggered by sales? A sales tax.

What do you call a tax triggered by corporate earnings? Corporate tax.

Now, let's see if you can figure this one out. What do you call a tax triggered by...a death?

Well let's see. You earned the money, the government has the power to take it by force. You don't see that as an equal moral claim?

My earning the money in the United States makes it the government's money? I thought the government was for the benefit of the people, not the other way around. Then again I'm not a Marxist like you are.

you seem to be a rational guy here, so let me throw a Q out there....is it perhaps better to determine how much money via taxes it is reasonable to part from someone before the amount changes behavior to the extent it becomes counter productive?

Personally I think that number is around 33-38 %.

you seem to be a rational guy here, so let me throw a Q out there....is it perhaps better to determine how much money via taxes it is reasonable to part from someone before the amount changes behavior to the extent it becomes counter productive?

Depends.

Taxes and work « Consider the Evidence

I personally don't think government should ever take more then 10% of a dollar earned. Though I realize that's not the question you asked. I think you're still a bit high, but if that includes all taxes and not just Federal Income it's probably not that far off.

I personally support the Fair Tax. Perfect, no. But the best proposal I've seen. The reality is that all taxes are in the end baked into the price of products we buy (except the death tax). By taxing it directly we benefit from the removal of government using taxes to further it's power, redundant tax collection systems, waste in calculating taxes and disincentives to the free pursuit of earnings and investment.

Depends.

Taxes and work « Consider the Evidence

I think people should make their own choices over their own lives based on their own experiences and goals rather then central planning based on statistics and studies that are typically empty shells rationalizing predetermined outcomes anyway. But maybe that's just me.

Synthaholic, I'll address this to you directly, since only the hysterical chick took a swing and a miss at it.

So, in essence, liberals believe that the government, in actuality, owns everything in this country, and that the government shall determine how much each citizen in this country is allowed to keep.

Does that sum it up?

You can't disagree with that statement if you feel the government is entitled to keep what it sees fit.

The People decide what the government can and can't do.
I just came to this post, yet I said basically the same thing when I answered. It shows that common sense and correct interpretation of the functions of government live on only one side of the aisle.
you have me fooled here Synth.....this sure aint the case in California.....the Dems here are just as bad as any Republican is.....

Good find! But that has nothing to do with the screenshot that they also are using...you know, the one from the comedy bit on Real Time With Bill Maher.

But that video is very good !

hey if Bill was slamming Oprah....on that day me and him agreed on something.....
You posted it, yet you didn't bother to watch it? Why am I not surprised?

Yes, it was a slam against Oprah, but more a slam against her audience and people who go apeshit, crying over the thought of getting a sweater from Oprah.

You should watch it.

Synth if the guy was slamming her audience.....then he was also slamming Oprah....she is the reason they drool like they do when she walks onto her stage....perhaps Bill like so many others in Hollywood hasnt the balls just to come right out and just say Oprah sucks.....i mean look how his audience acts....

What a system. We have a vote as to what's enough money and then punish people who make more then that. Oh, but only because it's "fair."
Contributing to the society you live in is 'punishment'?

Yup - you're a conservative!
Actually I'm a libertarian. And what a ridiculous jump to extremes. Show me where I said I oppose all taxes. Typical liberal laziness.
When you post in support of wingnutjobs like Bripat, then you risk being seen as a wingnutjob. bin Laden's limo driver prolly wasn't a terrorist, but he hung around with them.

Choose your allies more carefully.

Then again, you may just be a wingnutjob, like bripat. :lol:

When you post in support of wingnutjobs like Bripat, then you risk being seen as a wingnutjob. bin Laden's limo driver prolly wasn't a terrorist, but he hung around with them.

Choose your allies more carefully.

When you can't explain how the government is entitled to take my money, you devolve to hurling ad hominems.

How beautifully liberal!

Forum List

Back