Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

This is the same Chuckie Schumer that caused a run on banks while Bush was in office, yeah?
The same Chuckie that didn't have a thing to say when his pal Weiner was propositioning young girls?
What a touch of class.
Anyone taking this guy seriously does so at their own peril.

You posted in support of bripat's claim that the gummint shouldn't take any of his money.

That reflects on you.

And you have yet to come up with an explanation as to why the government is entitled to take my money.

That reflects on you.

To be perfectly clear, it means you're an ignoramus and a coward. You can't even explain your most fundamental beliefs.

If you do not know, after it has been pointed out to you continually in this thread, then you are - as I also said earlier in this thread - an extreme fringer, who I am not going to waste my time having a discussion with.

But that won't keep me from mocking your idiocy!
thumbsup.gif

It hasn't been "pointed out." Claiming it's legal isn't an explanation of the moral justification. As I pointed out several times already, gassing Jews was legal according to German law. Do you maintain the Nazis were justified in gassing Jews?

Slavery was also the law of this land at one time. Do you maintain that slavery was moral and justified before the Civil War?

Disallowing gays the privilege of legal marriage is the law of the land in many states. Do you maintain that is moral and justified?

Liberals always resort to the law when their immoral premises are questioned, but when the law conflicts with their premises, then it's a crime against humanity!

Now, please explain: what is the moral justification for the government to take my money?

I imagine that Gov. Scott Walker has had assurances from the Koch Brothers that regardless of his political future, he will be taken care of, with lucrative think tank jobs, etc.

There are all types of corruption in government, at all levels.

ex governors have no worries about their financial futures. For one thing, they get a pension for being governor. For another, numerous lucrative offers come their way the minute they leave office.

The idea that the Koch brothers could control a governor simply doesn't pass the laugh test.

Liberals simply cannot admit to themselves that a large majority of people reject their agenda.

I'm sure you don't, but you do enable it. When people make choices for other people, corruption is inevitable
I imagine that Gov. Scott Walker has had assurances from the Koch Brothers that regardless of his political future, he will be taken care of, with lucrative think tank jobs, etc.

This after lecturing about talking points.

Remember, conservatives believe what they see. Liberals see what they believe.

My earning the money in the United States makes it the government's money?

no.....but if i gotta pay taxes so should you......simple as that.....these guys who make a bunch of money here in the US.....but use ways to not pay ANY taxes what so ever, is what im against......if i gotta pay taxes....so should they.....

No one argued we shouldn't pay taxes, so what difference does this statement make?

You posted in support of bripat's claim that the gummint shouldn't take any of his money.

That reflects on you.

And you have yet to come up with an explanation as to why the government is entitled to take my money.

That reflects on you.

To be perfectly clear, it means you're an ignoramus and a coward. You can't even explain your most fundamental beliefs.
In his defense, he hasn't been told why he must believe them...just that he has to.

ex governors have no worries about their financial futures. For one thing, they get a pension for being governor. For another, numerous lucrative offers come their way the minute they leave office.

The idea that the Koch brothers could control a governor simply doesn't pass the laugh test.

Liberals simply cannot admit to themselves that a large majority of people reject their agenda.
Pffft. Who cares what peasants think? Liberals know what's best for them, and that's that.

I personally support the Fair Tax. Perfect, no. But the best proposal I've seen. The reality is that all taxes are in the end baked into the price of products we buy (except the death tax). By taxing it directly we benefit from the removal of government using taxes to further it's power, redundant tax collection systems, waste in calculating taxes and disincentives to the free pursuit of earnings and investment.

i go for that myself.....no matter how much you make.....you pay a percentage.....10% whatever......a hundred million....10%.....a hundred Bucks.....10%......everyone pays the same percentage on all income.....

As long as you have an income tax, you are empowering government to track your income, which means endless use of the power of guns to force you to disclose anything they want at any time with the assumption of guilt, forcing others to disclose information about you to ensure you're paying "your share." You also have the underground economy not paying taxes, people using loopholes to evade them. And in the end, it's generated from sales anyway, so why add another layer of complexity?

Could someone dig up the founders so we could have a redo?[/QUOTE]

No need. They got it right the first time.

Could someone dig up the founders so we could have a redo?

No need. They got it right the first time.

Agreed. Sometimes I think I'd just like to go back and convince them to write it even clearer, but then I think they were completely clear and no matter what else they added the two parties would still find a rationalization in their mind to ignore it. How much clearer could they have been?

Yes they are. And this isn't the first time or even the worst thing they've done. Remember how they responded to the terrorists attacks on Clinton's watch? Did you see them rushing out all sorts of anti terrorism legislation back then? No, you didn't, because for the Republicans us being attacked while a Democrat was in the White House was a political plus

for the Republicans us being attacked while a Democrat was in the White House was a political plus[/B][/QUOTE]

Sure. This from the mindset that 5% unemployment, positive economic growth was a recession, while almost 10% unemployment, zero economic growth is a booming economy.
What color is the sky in your world?

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

By their own admission...the answer is YES! The GOP leadership has stated since Obama's first day that their only mission was to see him fail. They do not give a second thought to what this mission costs our nation. They are unconscionable traitors.

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

By their own admission...the answer is YES! The GOP leadership has stated since Obama's first day that their only mission was to see him fail. They do not give a second thought to what this mission costs our nation. They are unconscionable traitors.
Look around you. Does it look like Obama's Presidency has been a success for the nation?

Golden, coming from a self-proclaimed Republican...who happened to vote for Obama, and carries the water for libs at every opportunity.

Yes they are. And this isn't the first time or even the worst thing they've done. Remember how they responded to the terrorists attacks on Clinton's watch? Did you see them rushing out all sorts of anti terrorism legislation back then? No, you didn't, because for the Republicans us being attacked while a Democrat was in the White House was a political plus

I am sure you were 100% behind the Patriot Act that Bush signed into law.

Do you really think that Clinton's response to the terrorist attacks while he was in office warranted anti-terrorist legislation? Clinton considered the first attack on the World Trade Center a law enforcement problem. He had a Democrat majority in the House and the Senate at the time and I didn't see any rush for anti-terrorist legislation from them.

As I recall, Clinton wouldn't even acknowledge that the attack on the USS Cole was a terrorist act, and he damned well didn't ask for any legislation.

Look around you. Does it look like Obama's Presidency has been a success for the nation?

Yes. Only a complete fool would not recognize what desperate straights we were in as he took office and where we are today.

Yes. Only a complete fool would not recognize what desperate straights we were in as he took office and where we are today.[/QUOTE]

Right. Positive economic growth, $1.56 per gallon of gas, unemployment less than 5%, those were BAD TIMES!!!!
LMFAO!!!!

Forum List

Back