Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

The People decide what the government can and can't do.
I just came to this post, yet I said basically the same thing when I answered. It shows that common sense and correct interpretation of the functions of government live on only one side of the aisle.
you have me fooled here Synth.....this sure aint the case in California.....the Dems here are just as bad as any Republican is.....
Thankfully, the only time I have ever stepped foot in California is at LAX and SFO, on the way overseas. L.A., in particular, can break off into the ocean for all I care.

Contributing to the society you live in is 'punishment'?

Yup - you're a conservative!
Actually I'm a libertarian. And what a ridiculous jump to extremes. Show me where I said I oppose all taxes. Typical liberal laziness.
When you post in support of wingnutjobs like Bripat, then you risk being seen as a wingnutjob. bin Laden's limo driver prolly wasn't a terrorist, but he hung around with them.

Choose your allies more carefully.

First of all the irony that a liberal would say that. But I have no allies, I state my views. If you're not intellectually disciplined enough to actually recognize and respond to my arguments then that's on you, not me.

My earning the money in the United States makes it the government's money? I thought the government was for the benefit of the people, not the other way around. Then again I'm not a Marxist like you are.

Synth is trying everything possible to avoid admitting he believes we are all government property and the government is free to do whatever it likes with our lives and our property. That's the core tenet of all collectivist belief, but they will never admit it to their critics.

hey if Bill was slamming Oprah....on that day me and him agreed on something.....
You posted it, yet you didn't bother to watch it? Why am I not surprised?

Yes, it was a slam against Oprah, but more a slam against her audience and people who go apeshit, crying over the thought of getting a sweater from Oprah.

You should watch it.

Synth if the guy was slamming her audience.....then he was also slamming Oprah....she is the reason they drool like they do when she walks onto her stage....perhaps Bill like so many others in Hollywood hasnt the balls just to come right out and just say Oprah sucks.....i mean look how his audience acts....
I said that it was a slam at Oprah. And Bill actually slaps down his audience when he feels like they are being 'homers' (in the baseball sense - overly rooting for the home team).

Where did you earn the money? Here.

My earning the money in the United States makes it the government's money? I thought the government was for the benefit of the people, not the other way around. Then again I'm not a Marxist like you are.
Then again, you may just be a wingnutjob, like bripat. :lol:

I am a libertarian because I have libertarian views, not because I care if you call me "right" or "Republican." If you can show me where I actually don't follow libertarian (note the small "l"), then fine. If you're saying you're just too stupid to know the difference, that's an embarrassment to you, not me. Why would I care?

When you post in support of wingnutjobs like Bripat, then you risk being seen as a wingnutjob. bin Laden's limo driver prolly wasn't a terrorist, but he hung around with them.

When you can't explain how the government is entitled to take my money, you devolve to hurling ad hominems.

How beautifully liberal!

If you do not know, after it has been pointed out to you continually in this thread, then you are - as I also said earlier in this thread - an extreme fringer, who I am not going to waste my time having a discussion with.

But that won't keep me from mocking your idiocy!
thumbsup.gif

The Republicans are willing to agreed to a debt ceiling increase, but only if there are NO tax increases and there are spending cuts. The Republicans want to prevent a RECOVERY KILLING tax increase! They know it will sink the already sinking economy!

The ones who are intentionally preventing a recovery are the Democrats. They know under Comrade Obama, Reid and Pelosi's policies that a recovery or strong economy is IMPOSSIBLE, so their only strategy is to bring up so-called economy saviors that they know the Republicans CANNOT agree with and then blame the poor economy on the Republicans.

Facts are Obama inherited a bad situation, but his policies have made it 10 fold worse!

was that before or after the cornhusker kickback exploded?:rolleyes:
I don't condone corruption.
I'm sure you don't, but you do enable it. When people make choices for other people, corruption is inevitable
I imagine that Gov. Scott Walker has had assurances from the Koch Brothers that regardless of his political future, he will be taken care of, with lucrative think tank jobs, etc.

There are all types of corruption in government, at all levels.

Actually I'm a libertarian. And what a ridiculous jump to extremes. Show me where I said I oppose all taxes. Typical liberal laziness.

First of all the irony that a liberal would say that. But I have no allies, I state my views. If you're not intellectually disciplined enough to actually recognize and respond to my arguments then that's on you, not me.
You posted in support of bripat's claim that the gummint shouldn't take any of his money.

That reflects on you.

I'm sure you don't, but you do enable it. When people make choices for other people, corruption is inevitable
I imagine that Gov. Scott Walker has had assurances from the Koch Brothers that regardless of his political future, he will be taken care of, with lucrative think tank jobs, etc.

And the combat to that corruption is choice. Only government can remove choice, and it does. Continually.

If my zest is waning, perhaps it's because I'm tired of explaining simple things to simpletons who, tomorrow, will log in and make their same, talking-point, fact-less arguments?

Synth.....yes or no.....are their Liberals here who do the same thing day in and day out?.....
Yes.

thank you for being honest .....there a few "Libs" here that when i ask them that......they go into a big song and dance.....but never answer the question.....same with the overly Right Righties here......

My earning the money in the United States makes it the government's money?

no.....but if i gotta pay taxes so should you......simple as that.....these guys who make a bunch of money here in the US.....but use ways to not pay ANY taxes what so ever, is what im against......if i gotta pay taxes....so should they.....

I personally support the Fair Tax. Perfect, no. But the best proposal I've seen. The reality is that all taxes are in the end baked into the price of products we buy (except the death tax). By taxing it directly we benefit from the removal of government using taxes to further it's power, redundant tax collection systems, waste in calculating taxes and disincentives to the free pursuit of earnings and investment.

i go for that myself.....no matter how much you make.....you pay a percentage.....10% whatever......a hundred million....10%.....a hundred Bucks.....10%......everyone pays the same percentage on all income.....

My sister has been collecting SSDI for over 20 years, and she never paid more than $100 in FICA taxes.
SSDI is Social Security disability insurance, one is eligible if he works ten years or more on a payroll.

SSI is Federal disability insurance for those who are disabled and have paid less then ten years into the system, this is likely your sister’s program.

Thank you, I don't think I had that clear in my mind.

You should make this your sig. :lol:

This after lecturing about talking points.

Forum List

Back