is the lack of fathers in the home a major reason for violent crime in the inner cities ?

If the shoe fits wear it. Crime is not ethnically based like you are inferring because you hate black people.
When blacks commit more than their share of the crime it is ethnically based
So, if one minority color of humans commit ten more crimes than the majority race then that cancels out all the crimes committed by the majority races and only allows mention of the minority crime rate, because?
When 12% of the population commits half the crime thats an issue that libs cannot explain away with alleged white racism

If the shoe fits wear it. Crime is not ethnically based like you are inferring because you hate black people.
When blacks commit more than their share of the crime it is ethnically based
So, if one minority color of humans commit ten more crimes than the majority race then that cancels out all the crimes committed by the majority races and only allows mention of the minority crime rate, because?

How did you escape schooling without ever learning fractions?

LBJ almost makes the top ten list of presidents even though the media used to joke about how crooked he was. LBJ's "Great Society" tore apart Black families by putting poverty pimps in charge. The abortion rate among Black women rose to an astonishing level and the number of unwed mothers in the Black community is staggering. Lefties don't give a damn though. It's all about promoting LBJ's fake legacy and keeping Blacks on the DNC plantation.

As I have written about extensively, the destruction of the Black nuclear family by Democrat welfare policies and overly punitive drug laws created the Fatherless epidemic and the related drug/gang epidemic in Black inner cities. For God sakes there were 100 shootings and 18 Black people killed just over July 4th weekend in Chicago! That sounds like Yemen or Ethiopia, not America.

Poverty doesn't help either even when there are two parents.

That's a bunch of bullshit. My grandfathers came to this country without pots to urinate in. But they didn't turn to a life of crime.

I'm not inferring anything and I don't hate any race.

Just observing that crime isn't poverty based. But it might be caused by the lack of fathers in the household and that has nothing to do with race.
Adolf and Joseph had parents and look at how they ended up.
Adolf did not have a father----and Joseph was a catholic in good standing.
child rearing techniques are CULTURAL ---not racial
I never considered them to be racial that is the premise of the OP and the right when they look to humiliate and dehumanize blacks, Latinos and whites because of a criminal history.

Remind me again who wrote the 1994 crime bill that put unprecedented numbers of black men in prison...
Name the bill

The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, commonly referred to as the 1994 Crime Bill,[1] the Clinton Crime Bill,[2] or the Biden Crime Law,[3] is an Act of Congress dealing with crime and law enforcement; it became law in 1994. It is the largest crime bill in the history of the United States and consisted of 356 pages that provided for 100,000 new police officers, $9.7 billion in funding for prisons and $6.1 billion in funding for prevention programs, which were designed with significant input from experienced police officers.[4] Sponsored by U.S. Representative Jack Brooks of Texas,[5] the bill was passed by Congress and signed into law by President Bill Clinton.[6] Then-Senator Joe Biden of Delaware drafted the Senate version of the legislation in cooperation with the National Association of Police Organizations, also incorporating the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) with Senator Orrin Hatch.[7][8]
Do you not approve of this crime bill? I'll bet you if you look into this you'll see Republicans wrote the bill and Clinton just signed it. Like NAFTA.

I also remember Republicans tried so hard to get Bill to invade Iraq. They wanted to pin that one on him too.

LBJ almost makes the top ten list of presidents even though the media used to joke about how crooked he was. LBJ's "Great Society" tore apart Black families by putting poverty pimps in charge. The abortion rate among Black women rose to an astonishing level and the number of unwed mothers in the Black community is staggering. Lefties don't give a damn though. It's all about promoting LBJ's fake legacy and keeping Blacks on the DNC plantation.
You want to go back to the good old days where you could give a white woman welfare but then deny a black woman who's just as poor.

And you want to go back to when after we got them equal access to welfare, you would raid these women's homes and if you found a black man in the home, you took her welfare away. Raids you didn't make on white women.

Abortion is a good thing. Do you want poor women having more children?

we hear the left spout that guns are the reason for the high crime rates in the inner cities constantly ... but they have no answer for communities that have high gun ownership that dont have the skyhigh crime rates as the inner cities .... the question i have for democrats is do they believe a lack of fathers in the home is the major reason many young men become violent criminals ... PolitiFact - Rep. John Duncan Jr. says 90 percent of felons grew up in fatherless households

Upon your prompt Yidnar-I found this information from Pew Research, 2019:
"Almost a quarter of U.S. children under the age of 18 live with one parent and no other adults (23%), more than three times the share of children around the world who do so (7%). The study, which analyzed how people’s living arrangements differ by religion, also found that U.S. children from Christian and religiously unaffiliated families are about equally likely to live in this type of arrangement."

I had no idea that single family homes in US outweighed other countries by such a large percentage (23% in US, 7% around the world average). I was under the impression that there were about that many within the US but that more as well outside the US...shows what I know). Thanks for increasing my awareness! I'll look for sources connecting felons to single parent homes, and there is a connection that's been discussed for many years.

I did like another poster's response about a dad in the home being a good thing that it "depends on the dad". Absolutely true. Some homes are better off without a dad when the dad is the sort who should have never had kids. There are different reasons for being a bad father, some way worse than others sadly. A good home can still be obtained by a single mom with a boost from her own drive and initiative to succeed as a single parent, and help from family/friends/or neighbors to provide safe and nurturing care for the kids.

we hear the left spout that guns are the reason for the high crime rates in the inner cities constantly ... but they have no answer for communities that have high gun ownership that dont have the skyhigh crime rates as the inner cities .... the question i have for democrats is do they believe a lack of fathers in the home is the major reason many young men become violent criminals ... PolitiFact - Rep. John Duncan Jr. says 90 percent of felons grew up in fatherless households

"Almost a quarter of U.S. children under the age of 18 live with one parent and no other adults (23%), more than three times the share of children around the world who do so (7%). The study, which analyzed how people’s living arrangements differ by religion, also found that U.S. children from Christian and religiously unaffiliated families are about equally likely to live in this type of arrangement."

I had no idea that single family homes in US outweighed other countries by such a large percentage (23% in US, 7% around the world average). I was under the impression that there were about that many within the US but that more as well outside the US...shows what I know). Thanks for increasing my awareness! I'll look for sources connecting felons to single parent homes, and there is a connection that's been discussed for many years.

I did like another poster's response about a dad in the home being a good thing that it "depends on the dad". Absolutely true. Some homes are better off without a dad when the dad is the sort who should have never had kids. There are different reasons for being a bad father, some way worse than others sadly. A good home can still be obtained by a single mom with a boost from her own drive and initiative to succeed as a single parent, and help from family/friends/or neighbors to provide safe and nurturing care for the kids.
Everyone always wants to talk about bad dads. What about the moms? They are the idiots who chose to sleep with that loser. She's the one who got knocked up when she was single and broke. Let's not forget to take a look at if the prisoners mom was a piece of shit too. Chances are she was.

Everyone always wants to talk about bad dads. What about the moms? They are the idiots who chose to sleep with that loser. She's the one who got knocked up when she was single and broke. Let's not forget to take a look at if the prisoners mom was a piece of shit too. Chances are she was.
Oh true, there are bad moms...many of them yes...but the topic is about single moms without a dad in the house, so I stuck to that;)

One category stands out: hostile people. Every family has at least one member who qualifies if you look hard enough. This type lacks the ability to not blow up over every little issue, they cannot hold a conversation without an aggressive need to be right, and people who remain childlike with demanding their way or they will inflict physical harm on their spouse until they get their way, should never choose to replicate. They do, and they will continue to have kids. Kids growing up with two hostile parents (often seen but usually one fully dominating the other) have little chance growing up in a stable environment unless a relative takes them in, but can still thrive later when they can move out.

When these discussions come up, I can't help to turn to the words of the late Professor Williams. He wrote this years ago:

Black Self-Sabotage

By Walter Williams

williams2.gif

If we put ourselves into the shoes of racists who seek to sabotage black upward mobility, we couldn't develop a more effective agenda than that followed by civil rights organizations, black politicians, academics, liberals and the news media. Let's look at it.

First, weaken the black family, but don't blame it on individual choices. You have to preach that today's weak black family is a legacy of slavery, Jim Crow and racism. The truth is that black female-headed households were just 18 percent of households in 1950, as opposed to about 68 percent today. In fact, from 1890 to 1940, the black marriage rate was slightly higher than that of whites. Even during slavery, when marriage was forbidden for blacks, most black children lived in biological two-parent families. In New York City, in 1925, 85 percent of black households were two-parent households. A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters of black families were two-parent households.

During the 1960s, devastating nonsense emerged, exemplified by a Johns Hopkins University sociology professor who argued, "It has yet to be shown that the absence of a father was directly responsible for any of the supposed deficiencies of broken homes." The real issue, he went on to say, "is not the lack of male presence but the lack of male income." That suggests marriage and fatherhood can be replaced by a welfare check.

The poverty rate among blacks is 36 percent. Most black poverty is found in female-headed households. The poverty rate among black married couples has been in single digits since 1994 and is about 8 percent today. The black illegitimacy rate is 75 percent, and in some cities, it's 90 percent. But if that's a legacy of slavery, it must have skipped several generations, because in the 1940s, unwed births hovered around 14 percent.

More interesting stuff in this article if anybody cares for the truth.

That's a bunch of bullshit. My grandfathers came to this country without pots to urinate in. But they didn't turn to a life of crime.

Just observing that crime isn't poverty based. But it might be caused by the lack of fathers in the household and that has nothing to do with race.
I never considered them to be racial that is the premise of the OP and the right when they look to humiliate and dehumanize blacks, Latinos and whites because of a criminal history.

Remind me again who wrote the 1994 crime bill that put unprecedented numbers of black men in prison...
Name the bill

The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, commonly referred to as the 1994 Crime Bill,[1] the Clinton Crime Bill,[2] or the Biden Crime Law,[3] is an Act of Congress dealing with crime and law enforcement; it became law in 1994. It is the largest crime bill in the history of the United States and consisted of 356 pages that provided for 100,000 new police officers, $9.7 billion in funding for prisons and $6.1 billion in funding for prevention programs, which were designed with significant input from experienced police officers.[4] Sponsored by U.S. Representative Jack Brooks of Texas,[5] the bill was passed by Congress and signed into law by President Bill Clinton.[6] Then-Senator Joe Biden of Delaware drafted the Senate version of the legislation in cooperation with the National Association of Police Organizations, also incorporating the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) with Senator Orrin Hatch.[7][8]
Do you not approve of this crime bill? I'll bet you if you look into this you'll see Republicans wrote the bill and Clinton just signed it. Like NAFTA.

I also remember Republicans tried so hard to get Bill to invade Iraq. They wanted to pin that one on him too.

Were you unable to read the part that said Joe Biden wrote the Senate version of the bill, or do you believe Joe Biden is a Republican? Trying to gauge the depth of your stupidity...

When these discussions come up, I can't help to turn to the words of the late Professor Williams. He wrote this years ago:

Black Self-Sabotage

By Walter Williams

williams2.gif

If we put ourselves into the shoes of racists who seek to sabotage black upward mobility, we couldn't develop a more effective agenda than that followed by civil rights organizations, black politicians, academics, liberals and the news media. Let's look at it.

First, weaken the black family, but don't blame it on individual choices. You have to preach that today's weak black family is a legacy of slavery, Jim Crow and racism. The truth is that black female-headed households were just 18 percent of households in 1950, as opposed to about 68 percent today. In fact, from 1890 to 1940, the black marriage rate was slightly higher than that of whites. Even during slavery, when marriage was forbidden for blacks, most black children lived in biological two-parent families. In New York City, in 1925, 85 percent of black households were two-parent households. A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters of black families were two-parent households.

During the 1960s, devastating nonsense emerged, exemplified by a Johns Hopkins University sociology professor who argued, "It has yet to be shown that the absence of a father was directly responsible for any of the supposed deficiencies of broken homes." The real issue, he went on to say, "is not the lack of male presence but the lack of male income." That suggests marriage and fatherhood can be replaced by a welfare check.

The poverty rate among blacks is 36 percent. Most black poverty is found in female-headed households. The poverty rate among black married couples has been in single digits since 1994 and is about 8 percent today. The black illegitimacy rate is 75 percent, and in some cities, it's 90 percent. But if that's a legacy of slavery, it must have skipped several generations, because in the 1940s, unwed births hovered around 14 percent.

More interesting stuff in this article if anybody cares for the truth.

(March 2003) About 8 percent of American households can be categorized as female-headed households with children, but there is significant variation in the share of female-headed households by race and ethnicity. In 2002, about 5 percent of non-Hispanic white and Asian households were headed by women with children. In contrast, single mothers with kids accounted for 22 percent of all black households. The percentage of Hispanic households headed by women with kids falls in between these two estimates, at about 14 percent.

Over the past 25 years, the percentage of female-headed households with children has increased particularly rapidly among blacks, but this trend appears to have slowed during the last five years.

How can any black say this is not a problem?

Name the bill

provided for 100,000 new police officers, $9.7 billion in funding for prisons and $6.1 billion in funding for prevention programs, which were designed with significant input from experienced police officers.

One of the most noted sections was the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. Other parts of the Act provided for a greatly expanded federal death penalty, new classes of individuals banned from possessing firearms, and a variety of new crimes defined in statutes relating to hate crimes, sex crimes, and gang-related crime. The bill also required states to establish registries for sexual offenders by September 1997.

Well looks good to me. What don't you like about this bill?

(March 2003) About 8 percent of American households can be categorized as female-headed households with children, but there is significant variation in the share of female-headed households by race and ethnicity. In 2002, about 5 percent of non-Hispanic white and Asian households were headed by women with children. In contrast, single mothers with kids accounted for 22 percent of all black households. The percentage of Hispanic households headed by women with kids falls in between these two estimates, at about 14 percent.

Over the past 25 years, the percentage of female-headed households with children has increased particularly rapidly among blacks, but this trend appears to have slowed during the last five years.

And so how are Democrats, Republicans, white people, or police supposed to fix this problem? Their problems are self-inflicted so the solution has to be from within as well.

And so how are Democrats, Republicans, white people, or police supposed to fix this problem? Their problems are self-inflicted so the solution has to be from within as well.
Amen.

Name the bill

Were you unable to read the part that said Joe Biden wrote the Senate version of the bill, or do you believe Joe Biden is a Republican? Trying to gauge the depth of your stupidity...
DEPTH-----with a plumbline-----a marked line----with a heavy weight attached----
see how far it is to THE BOTTOM-----keep going-----get some more line---try not to
bend over too much ----YOU'LL FALL INNNNNNnnnn~~~~~~~

You either try to fight crime of you try to make someone the scapegoat of criminality. You know like you people do to blacks in the US... Like Hitler did with his minorities making them the sore thumb of society so they could justify eliminating that minority from society.
did dad tell you its ok to show your little hiney?

Name the bill

DEPTH-----with a plumbline-----a marked line----with a heavy weight attached----
see how far it is to THE BOTTOM-----keep going-----get some more line---try not to
I think he likes this Crime Bill.

Name the bill

I think he likes this Crime Bill.

"I think" ????

Forum List

Back