🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is the left in denial about Islam?

I happen to side with the rightwing about the threat of Islam. I do understand that the majority of Muslims are peaceful, but to suggest Islamic extremism is as big of a threat as general religious extremism is flat out wrong. In the Middle East, polls show that a majority of Muslims there believe non-believing Muslims should be killed. Now obviously the majority does not take up arms like ISIS does, but that still says a lot about the attitude of Islam. The Koran states (In multiple contexts) that Muslims must kill non believers. This belief really isn't out of nowhere. Islmac terrorism, while on the fringe, is not outside the actual doctrine of Islam.

I think liberals just need to accept this. Sure most Muslims are harmless, but Muslims in general hold more extreme views than that of Christians. There is a significant subculture of Islam that is larger and more dangerous than any Christian violent fringe.

Pew Report: 1/3 of US Muslims Support Al Qaeda, Suicide Bombs; 25% Came to US Under Bush, Obama
In which case you're just as wrong as those on the right.

The threat comes from terrorism, extremism, and contempt for human life – not religion.

That Muslims might commit acts of terror does not mean 'all Muslims' are 'terrorists,' and it does not mean Islam is a 'terrorist religion.'

Such an 'argument' fails as a composition fallacy.

Liberals understand this fact, they don't resort to the demagoguery, fear-mongering, and logical fallacies common to most on the right; liberals correctly acknowledge the fact that the vast majority of Muslims are not 'terrorists,' and that Islam as a religion poses no 'threat,' the threat manifest with the criminals and terrorists who misappropriate the tenets of Islam, who seek to promote unwarranted fear and hate, terrorists who will succeed in their efforts if they can achieve their goal of convincing the West to condemn Islam as a religion, and to perceive Islam as a 'threat.'

Sadly and unfortunately, you've fallen prey to the fear and hate the terrorist seek to foment, as have most on the right.
I made it very clear that I didn't believe all Muslims were terrorists. I said that there is a radical fringe that is bigger than any other fringe of any other religion. No modern religion inspires violence like Islam does. These terrorists of Islam that are in the 10s of thousands, interpret specific language from the Koran that inspires their terrorists acts.

I happen to side with the rightwing about the threat of Islam. I do understand that the majority of Muslims are peaceful, but to suggest Islamic extremism is as big of a threat as general religious extremism is flat out wrong. In the Middle East, polls show that a majority of Muslims there believe non-believing Muslims should be killed. Now obviously the majority does not take up arms like ISIS does, but that still says a lot about the attitude of Islam. The Koran states (In multiple contexts) that Muslims must kill non believers. This belief really isn't out of nowhere. Islmac terrorism, while on the fringe, is not outside the actual doctrine of Islam.

I think liberals just need to accept this. Sure most Muslims are harmless, but Muslims in general hold more extreme views than that of Christians. There is a significant subculture of Islam that is larger and more dangerous than any Christian violent fringe.

Pew Report: 1/3 of US Muslims Support Al Qaeda, Suicide Bombs; 25% Came to US Under Bush, Obama

The threat comes from terrorism, extremism, and contempt for human life – not religion.

That Muslims might commit acts of terror does not mean 'all Muslims' are 'terrorists,' and it does not mean Islam is a 'terrorist religion.'

Liberals understand this fact, they don't resort to the demagoguery, fear-mongering, and logical fallacies common to most on the right; liberals correctly acknowledge the fact that the vast majority of Muslims are not 'terrorists,' and that Islam as a religion poses no 'threat,' the threat manifest with the criminals and terrorists who misappropriate the tenets of Islam, who seek to promote unwarranted fear and hate, terrorists who will succeed in their efforts if they can achieve their goal of convincing the West to condemn Islam as a religion, and to perceive Islam as a 'threat.'

Sadly and unfortunately, you've fallen prey to the fear and hate the terrorist seek to foment, as have most on the right.
I made it very clear that I didn't believe all Muslims were terrorists. I said that there is a radical fringe that is bigger than any other fringe of any other religion. No modern religion inspires violence like Islam does. These terrorists of Islam that are in the 10s of thousands, interpret specific language from the Koran that inspires their terrorists acts.

Well, the modern Jihad of Islam is inspired by the west's violence against Muslim countries.

Jihad in Afghanistan when the British were first there, and they learned they could defeat larger and better equipped and trained armies with this.

Role on a hundred and something years later and Bush's war in Iraq inspired people to take up arms by the bucket load.

How is it people manage to ignore this stuff?

OF COURSE THE QUESTION SHOULD HAVE BEEN

IS THE RIGHT SO IN LOVE WITH BIBI AND THE ZIONUTS THAT IT IS WILLING TO CONTINUE THEIR ATTACK ON MUSLIMS?

/

Well, the modern Jihad of Islam is inspired by the west's violence against Muslim countries.

Jihad in Afghanistan when the British were first there, and they learned they could defeat larger and better equipped and trained armies with this.

Role on a hundred and something years later and Bush's war in Iraq inspired people to take up arms by the bucket load.

Those conflicts play a role sure, but they use Islam and the Koran as inspiration.

Those conflicts play a role sure, but they use Islam and the Koran as inspiration.

ISLAMOFASCIST INSPIRATION

1- the 1925 invasion of Palestine
2- the terroristic attacks perpetrated by the zionuts against Palestinians by Menachem Begin and the Irgun Gang
3- Truman 's recognition of Israhell in 1949 ignoring Palestinian's rights
4- Foreign aid granted by the US from 1949 until present which is used to subsidize the Palestinian Holocaust
5- the invasion of Iraq in 1990 - wherein the US remained for 18 years and the murder of millions of women and children
6- The complete destruction of Syria

They do. It's not hard to see why.

If you can't beat someone with a regular army, you need to try something different.

US nationalism isn't much different to Islamic nationalism. The difference is one is a religion and the other is a nation. So people believe that these are completely different things. Because Islam has been on the back foot for hundreds of years, the British and French empires controlling most of the Muslim world, and then the American "empire" growing and asserting its authority over what the British and French left, Islam has had to become tougher. And it really has risen to the challenge.

You take something and you radicalize it, and you have a stronger force than the physical components. The US relies on military spending, Islam relies on belief. They're both parts of Nationalism and people on both sides get all worked up over it, and both sides go around killing in order to assert their power.

Not much difference in principle, just the minor issues really.

The simple answer to your question is YES. We have a President sitting in the Oval office, that is incapable of saying Islamic Jihadists. We have a left wing media that is in a state of shock today, and is desperately trying to find a reason why a Muslim male and his wife did what they did in San Bernadino. They are still trying to associate it with workplace violence--LOL

Anything they can do, to cast blame elsewhere, to pretzel it up into anything else other than Islamic terrorism.

Their house of cards is falling apart very quickly.

The simple answer to your question is YES. We have a President sitting in the Oval office, that is incapable of saying Islamic Jihadists. We have a left wing media that is in a state of shock today, and is desperately trying to find a reason why a Muslim male and his wife did what they did in San Bernadino. They are still trying to associate it with workplace violence--LOL

Anything they can do, to cast blame elsewhere, to pretzel it up into anything else other than Islamic terrorism.

And the right are making sure all focus stays away from the guy who started it all.

And the right are making sure all focus stays away from the guy who started it all.

I seem to remember being attacked on 9/11, maybe you're too young to remember or you're senile?

Bill Maher and then Billy000. Now we just need a lot more Liberals not named Bill to see the violent undercurrent of Islam. It is not only the radicalized head choppers. They are just the tip of the spear.

The solution to the middle east problem is simple. Get the hell out of there. Let the allah monkeys kill each other. Do not supply arms or intel to either side.

I seem to remember being attacked on 9/11, maybe you're too young to remember or you're senile?

Yeah, attacked on 9/11, I remember the stuff that happened BEFORE 9/11, maybe you're too young to remember or you're senile?

HOLY SHIT!

IT ONLY TOOK 15 YEARS FOR US TO GET ONE LEFTIST BUFFOON TO FINALLY ADMIT WE WERE RIGHT THE WHOLE TIME

Great, so, you managed to get a leftist buffoon to admit you were right, but the intelligent ones won't admit something that simply isn't true.
Then you are not one of the intelligent ones.

true story

Uh hu. And you think I'm going to take your opinion as fact, do you?
If you 'think' radical islam isn't a problem, you're an idiot.

absolute, complete and utter idiot.

that's a irrefutable fact.

Stop obfuscating. Those people commit those savage acts in the name of their religion. Because of their religious beliefs.
Period. Done. End of story.
So what?
Charles Manson murdered because he believed the Apocalypse was coming.
Period. Done. End of story.

No, the left is not in denial about Islam. What do right-wing trolls even know about liberals, anyway?

Just because some liberals say something that is true, which is that we should be wary of painting all Muslims with a broad brush, doesn't make the other part of their brain switch off, which says that terrorism by Muslims who've been radicalized is a grave threat to all peace-loving people.

A sign of adulthood, imho, is the ability to hold both of those thoughts in your head at the same time.

Denial to me is continuing the onslaught of bombings in a region where bombings have only created more terrorists. And yet, Donald Trump goes on t.v. and says he'd "bomb the shit out of Syria" and too many of our right-wing friends cheer. That is denial.

Only thing I blame on liberals is that they've given in to this stupid idea of using an outdated 20th century militaristic approach for a 21st century problem that needs new solutions. From Clinton to Bush to Obama now, using the old school military just isn't working. If that were the answer, we'd have won years ago.

I do not believe that republicans recognize the threat of islamicism more than do
democrats

Democrats saw it, you just didn't want to do anything about it?

HUH??? did Reagan "DO" anything about it? -----did NIXON? It was during
the Nixon years that I came to understand the threat of islamicism-------did Nixon know?---did he care?.
RR bombed lybia to the point that it's leader renounced terrorism

nixon was involved with VN for the most part

don't ask questions you should know the answers to, they make you look really fucking dumb

Your answer is nonsense -------I did not ASK YOU------the answer is simple-----
the white house did not know------what I KNEW since before 1970----or did not
care
this is a public forum, so go fuck yourself, I can reply to whoever I want.

my answer doesn't make sense b/c your ignorant on a level that's incomprehensible.

You "KNEW"? what bullshit

I knew what muslims are taught in kindergarten and mosques about the goal of islam-----being the RULE OF THE WORLD-----because I interacted with lots of
muslims and even got invited to mosques----that long ago when no one was afraid
of SAYING IT

HOLY SHIT!

IT ONLY TOOK 15 YEARS FOR US TO GET ONE LEFTIST BUFFOON TO FINALLY ADMIT WE WERE RIGHT THE WHOLE TIME

Great, so, you managed to get a leftist buffoon to admit you were right, but the intelligent ones won't admit something that simply isn't true.
Then you are not one of the intelligent ones.

true story

Uh hu. And you think I'm going to take your opinion as fact, do you?
If you 'think' radical islam isn't a problem, you're an idiot.

absolute, complete and utter idiot.

that's a irrefutable fact.

Everything is a problem for someone.

Forum List

Back