🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is the left in denial about Islam?

I happen to side with the rightwing about the threat of Islam. I do understand that the majority of Muslims are peaceful, but to suggest Islamic extremism is as big of a threat as general religious extremism is flat out wrong. In the Middle East, polls show that a majority of Muslims there believe non-believing Muslims should be killed. Now obviously the majority does not take up arms like ISIS does, but that still says a lot about the attitude of Islam. The Koran states (In multiple contexts) that Muslims must kill non believers. This belief really isn't out of nowhere. Islmac terrorism, while on the fringe, is not outside the actual doctrine of Islam.

I think liberals just need to accept this. Sure most Muslims are harmless, but Muslims in general hold more extreme views than that of Christians. There is a significant subculture of Islam that is larger and more dangerous than any Christian violent fringe.

Pew Report: 1/3 of US Muslims Support Al Qaeda, Suicide Bombs; 25% Came to US Under Bush, Obama

I have no idea what to say.....
I am reading this over and over and I can't find anything to disagree with here.
And I find that shocking.

Being raised catholic I remember being taught in school that Christians were the true believers and all other religions had it wrong.....

Keep in mind I'm 7 years old and these are the 1950's.....
The Nuns and the church did what they could to start the kiddies on the path.....
They never said Christianity was the real deal and we need to kill all the non believers....

Islam even in it's kinder gentler moderate form still feels that non believers,infidels must be eliminated.
Christians would like the world to convert to Christianity
Muslims demand the world converts to Islam..

And to get the weak minded Muslims who can be brainwashed into believing that
the more innocents they kill the bigger the reward that awaits them in the after life is
going to be impossible to combat even with help from moderate Muslims because
deep down they agree with the radicals.Infidels need to be eliminated for Islam
to prevail.

Are the right wing gun lovers supporting Muslim terrorists in this country by insisting that Muslims have the right to purchase as many guns as they can buy?

Right wanting to defend yourself from criminals is aligning yourself with the criminals you want to defend yourself from. You sir, are a retard in it's truest sense

This is how the propagandist in the linked article came up with claiming that 1/3 of American Muslims support Al Qaeda...

Wait a minute ... earlier this morning in a lame attempt to mitigate the terror threat they pose, you posted the claim that non-Muslims commit twice as many mass murders as Muslims in America.

You might want to quote me on that, Sambo.

This is how the propagandist in the linked article came up with claiming that 1/3 of American Muslims support Al Qaeda:

* Third of U.S. Muslims Support Al-Qaeda: Despite the claims of Barack Obama and many Muslim leaders after Osama Bin Laden was killed, almost half of U.S. Muslims support Al-Qaeda. While 70% of U.S. Muslims view Al-Qaeda, which murdered 3,000 Americans on 9/11, “very unfavorably,” the other 30% view Al-Qaeda favorably, only somewhat unfavorably, or don’t know/refused to answer (which means they support Al-Qaeda). Yup, that means that 30% didn’t have too much of a problem with Al-Qaeda."

Let me extract a portion of that for emphasis on how full of shit the OP is:

...almost half of U.S. Muslims support Al-Qaeda. While 70% of U.S. Muslims view Al-Qaeda, which murdered 3,000 Americans on 9/11, “very unfavorably,”

Yes people, this idiot is claiming that almost 5/10's of US Muslims support Al Qaeda,

while 7/10's view Al Qaeda very unfavorably.

lol

Oh, what does the survey really say?

View of Al Qaeda -

81% Unfavorable, 5% Favorable.

...as you see, I'm indisputably right, and the OP was horseshit.

I happen to side with the rightwing about the threat of Islam. I do understand that the majority of Muslims are peaceful, but to suggest Islamic extremism is as big of a threat as general religious extremism is flat out wrong. In the Middle East, polls show that a majority of Muslims there believe non-believing Muslims should be killed. Now obviously the majority does not take up arms like ISIS does, but that still says a lot about the attitude of Islam. The Koran states (In multiple contexts) that Muslims must kill non believers. This belief really isn't out of nowhere. Islmac terrorism, while on the fringe, is not outside the actual doctrine of Islam.

I think liberals just need to accept this. Sure most Muslims are harmless, but Muslims in general hold more extreme views than that of Christians. There is a significant subculture of Islam that is larger and more dangerous than any Christian violent fringe.

Pew Report: 1/3 of US Muslims Support Al Qaeda, Suicide Bombs; 25% Came to US Under Bush, Obama

That is from 2011. The title of the report is telling the article quotes is telling http://www.people-press.org/files/2011/08/muslim-american-report.pdf: Muslim Americans - no signs of growth in alienation or support for extremism.

From the actual report quoted by the article, page 74: http://www.people-press.org/files/2011/08/muslim-american-report.pdf

The question: Suicide bombing/ other violence
against civilians is justified to defend
Islam from its enemies ...

Large Majority Continues to RejectSuicide Bombing
1% Always
7% Sometimes
5% Rarely
81 % Never

The question: ....
Very unfavorable Views of al Qaeda Increase ... view of al Qaeda
5% favorable
11% somewhat unfavorable
70 % very unfavorable

That's 81% unfavorable.

There is no way to to take that data and make an honest claim that 1/3 US Muslims Support Al Qaeda or suicide bombs.

The article is a crock of shit designed to stir hatred.

I do not believe that republicans recognize the threat of islamicism more than do
democrats

Democrats saw it, you just didn't want to do anything about it?

HUH??? did Reagan "DO" anything about it? -----did NIXON? It was during
the Nixon years that I came to understand the threat of islamicism-------did Nixon know?---did he care?.
RR bombed lybia to the point that it's leader renounced terrorism

nixon was involved with VN for the most part

don't ask questions you should know the answers to, they make you look really fucking dumb

Your answer is nonsense -------I did not ASK YOU------the answer is simple-----
the white house did not know------what I KNEW since before 1970----or did not
care
this is a public forum, so go fuck yourself, I can reply to whoever I want.

my answer doesn't make sense b/c your ignorant on a level that's incomprehensible.

You "KNEW"? what bullshit

I do not believe that republicans recognize the threat of islamicism more than do
democrats

Democrats saw it, you just didn't want to do anything about it?

HUH??? did Reagan "DO" anything about it? -----did NIXON? It was during
the Nixon years that I came to understand the threat of islamicism-------did Nixon know?---did he care?.
RR bombed lybia to the point that it's leader renounced terrorism

nixon was involved with VN for the most part

don't ask questions you should know the answers to, they make you look really fucking dumb

Your answer is nonsense -------I did not ASK YOU------the answer is simple-----
the white house did not know------what I KNEW since before 1970----or did not
care
this is a public forum, so go fuck yourself, I can reply to whoever I want.

my answer doesn't make sense b/c your ignorant on a level that's incomprehensible.

You "KNEW"? what bullshit

On another note, do you know the difference between Genius and Stupidity? Genius has limits.

Last edited:

That is from 2011. The title of the report is telling the article quotes is telling http://www.people-press.org/files/2011/08/muslim-american-report.pdf: Muslim Americans - no signs of growth in alienation or support for extremism.

From the actual report quoted by the article, page 74: http://www.people-press.org/files/2011/08/muslim-american-report.pdf

The question: Suicide bombing/ other violence
against civilians is justified to defend
Islam from its enemies ...

Large Majority Continues to RejectSuicide Bombing
1% Always
7% Sometimes
5% Rarely
81 % Never

The question: ....
Very unfavorable Views of al Qaeda Increase ... view of al Qaeda
5% favorable
11% somewhat unfavorable
70 % very unfavorable

That's 81% unfavorable.

There is no way to to take that data and make an honest claim that 1/3 US Muslims Support Al Qaeda or suicide bombs.

The article is a crock of shit designed to stir hatred.

Percentage of al Qaeda that are Muslim. 100

To answer your question. YES......Islam is the latest addition the list of liberal politically correct protected classes.

In which case you're just as wrong as those on the right.

The threat comes from terrorism, extremism, and contempt for human life – not religion.

That Muslims might commit acts of terror does not mean 'all Muslims' are 'terrorists,' and it does not mean Islam is a 'terrorist religion.'

Such an 'argument' fails as a composition fallacy.

Liberals understand this fact, they don't resort to the demagoguery, fear-mongering, and logical fallacies common to most on the right; liberals correctly acknowledge the fact that the vast majority of Muslims are not 'terrorists,' and that Islam as a religion poses no 'threat,' the threat manifest with the criminals and terrorists who misappropriate the tenets of Islam, who seek to promote unwarranted fear and hate, terrorists who will succeed in their efforts if they can achieve their goal of convincing the West to condemn Islam as a religion, and to perceive Islam as a 'threat.'

Sadly and unfortunately, you've fallen prey to the fear and hate the terrorist seek to foment, as have most on the right.

HOLY SHIT!

IT ONLY TOOK 15 YEARS FOR US TO GET ONE LEFTIST BUFFOON TO FINALLY ADMIT WE WERE RIGHT THE WHOLE TIME
You guys do know that Bill Maher is one the most outspoken commentators on this issue right?
Yes.. I have seen where Mahre will break camp with his far left buddies with whom he pals around.
He's in the entertainment business. He gets paid to get ratings. And if that means going off the reservation once in a while,. so be it.
If it gets a few lefties all spun up, it's cool.

In which case you're just as wrong as those on the right.

The threat comes from terrorism, extremism, and contempt for human life – not religion.

That Muslims might commit acts of terror does not mean 'all Muslims' are 'terrorists,' and it does not mean Islam is a 'terrorist religion.'

Such an 'argument' fails as a composition fallacy.

Liberals understand this fact, they don't resort to the demagoguery, fear-mongering, and logical fallacies common to most on the right; liberals correctly acknowledge the fact that the vast majority of Muslims are not 'terrorists,' and that Islam as a religion poses no 'threat,' the threat manifest with the criminals and terrorists who misappropriate the tenets of Islam, who seek to promote unwarranted fear and hate, terrorists who will succeed in their efforts if they can achieve their goal of convincing the West to condemn Islam as a religion, and to perceive Islam as a 'threat.'

Sadly and unfortunately, you've fallen prey to the fear and hate the terrorist seek to foment, as have most on the right.
Stop obfuscating. Those people commit those savage acts in the name of their religion. Because of their religious beliefs.
Period. Done. End of story.

No, this whole thing is bullshit and a right winger's wet dream come true.

The right NEED a common enemy to stand behind, get all patriotic about. Bush gave them one.

This week, on this board, there's been discussion about whether to ban burkas. People who support gun rights will then say the burka is a "potential threat" and therefore we should ban it. But if you suggest banning their guns, then they'll give a totally contrary answer.

Even this simple analysis shows you what's going on on the right. It's not about principles, principles change every five minutes to suit the argument at hand. What's going on is the right using this common enemy to get their way on things. To get more military spending, to get repressive laws, increased nationalism, self importance and so on.

I don't like Islam. However just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I'm going to stop people believing what nonsense they want to believe. I don't stop Christians believing their nonsense either, just because I don't like it.

Islam is more of a threat than it was 20 years ago, the reason why is pretty simple. BUSH. He made this happen, and it just happens to suit the needs of the right wing too. What a coincidence. Not. You can see by looking at an easier conflict in Israel that the same thing happened there, the right on both sides have managed to increase their importance with more violence and instability.

HOLY SHIT!

IT ONLY TOOK 15 YEARS FOR US TO GET ONE LEFTIST BUFFOON TO FINALLY ADMIT WE WERE RIGHT THE WHOLE TIME

Great, so, you managed to get a leftist buffoon to admit you were right, but the intelligent ones won't admit something that simply isn't true.

Forum List

Back