Is the process of Impeachment tantamount to a "coup d'etat"???

I was alive during the Nixon and Clinton affairs. So was the orange whore. How is he this ignorant? Impeachment is a process spelled out in the U.S. Constitution.
So what happens after Trump is impeached?

the constitution provides the answer to that sophomoric question - but what would you know about the constitution ?
Every good lawyer knows the answer to any question he asks. I'm asking because most leftists believe impeachment means removal from office. You and I both know Trump isn't going to be removed from office. I most certainly know more about the Constitution than you do because if you actually knew the Constitution you wouldn't be posting such ignorant babble.

well, you are dumb enough to be a lawyer, I'll give you that -

but if congress can muster enough votes Trump could be removed - There wont be enough Senate Republicans cross the aisle to impeach much less remove.
Correct. So all this endless chatter from brainless leftists is meaningless. Carry on.

Had you graduated from elemetary school.......you may have noticed that my thread is NOT a call for impeachment, but a simple question if impeachment is tantamount to a "coup."

I know you're going to have to look up the definition of quite a few words in my retort......Take your time.

Sorry to say, yes I graduated from Elementary school :)
I never said all of your posts were a call for impeachment. I think you need some reading glasses...or maybe perhaps a new brain. But hell, why bother?
But you keep yakking away with your "Big Boy" remarks :)
How is a legal Constitutional process a coup? I keep asking CRCs that.

When it is based upon a fictional contrivance and forwarded for the sole purpose of removing a legally elected official who is rightfully kicking you in the balls.

Apparently, Trump has convinced his CULT that were he to be impeached, that would basically be a coup (as he has often stated) of his administration.

This buffoon-in-chief is asking his base to ignore Article I of our Constitution and existing laws, and yield to him the powers of a wanna-be despot for whom laws are irrelevant.
The reason people think it's a coup is because, the Democrats left no doubt their goal was to remove trump. Even before an investigation had started, the dems had him pegged as guilty and were talking removal. Heck, I think even before his inauguration there were some already talking about methods of removing him.

You see, impeachment is necessary for high crimes, but when you broadcast how badly you want him gone, and all of the rhetoric and hate that has been pointed his direction, its starts to look more like a coup.

So kind of like the one over that birther hoax some crazy new york billionaire made up?

Or transgender bathrooms being an impeachable offense?

The best was the Texas Republican pushing for his impeachment... His reasoning... not even a claim of anything illegal. Just to prevent him from "pushing his agenda" was the case.

High crimes? Or did Republicans start the desire for a coup against the US government? Or is it only if the process doesn't follow the constitutional guidelines?
Propaganda. Hillary's campaign staff started the birther crap during the primaries in 2008.
And who ran with it and continues to run with it?

I was alive during the Nixon and Clinton affairs. So was the orange whore. How is he this ignorant? Impeachment is a process spelled out in the U.S. Constitution.
Then, as per the Constitution, there would be a trial in the Senate presided over by the Chief Justice.
Correct, with 66 Senators needed to vote for removal. Please pass that information along to your ignorant friends on the left.

the constitution provides the answer to that sophomoric question - but what would you know about the constitution ?
Every good lawyer knows the answer to any question he asks. I'm asking because most leftists believe impeachment means removal from office. You and I both know Trump isn't going to be removed from office. I most certainly know more about the Constitution than you do because if you actually knew the Constitution you wouldn't be posting such ignorant babble.

but if congress can muster enough votes Trump could be removed - There wont be enough Senate Republicans cross the aisle to impeach much less remove.
Correct. So all this endless chatter from brainless leftists is meaningless. Carry on.

maybe not -

a quasi impeachment could move votes.

Apparently, Trump has convinced his CULT that were he to be impeached, that would basically be a coup (as he has often stated) of his administration.

This buffoon-in-chief is asking his base to ignore Article I of our Constitution and existing laws, and yield to him the powers of a wanna-be despot for whom laws are irrelevant.
The reason people think it's a coup is because, the Democrats left no doubt their goal was to remove trump. Even before an investigation had started, the dems had him pegged as guilty and were talking removal. Heck, I think even before his inauguration there were some already talking about methods of removing him.

You see, impeachment is necessary for high crimes, but when you broadcast how badly you want him gone, and all of the rhetoric and hate that has been pointed his direction, its starts to look more like a coup.

So kind of like the one over that birther hoax some crazy new york billionaire made up?

The best was the Texas Republican pushing for his impeachment... His reasoning... not even a claim of anything illegal. Just to prevent him from "pushing his agenda" was the case.

High crimes? Or did Republicans start the desire for a coup against the US government? Or is it only if the process doesn't follow the constitutional guidelines?
Propaganda. Hillary's campaign staff started the birther crap during the primaries in 2008.
And who ran with it and continues to run with it?
No one as far as I know. Hillary's team birthed it. Go to the source.

Politicians continue to waste time on stupid stuff while not fixing infrastructure, healthcare, border security and deficit. Unbelievable.

maybe not -

Oh yeah, and monkeys could fly out of Nancy Pelosi's ass.

If what the right-wingers are saying is correct and there is no way to legally remove an unfit person from the office of the Presidency, we Americans are in a shitload of trouble. The right-wingers are contending that there is no way to kick the unfit out of the White House.

If what the right-wingers are saying is correct and there is no way to legally remove an unfit person from the office of the Presidency, we Americans are in a shitload of trouble. The right-wingers are contending that there is no way to kick the unfit out of the White House.
You need 66 Senators to vote for removal. Good luck. Idiot.

he right-wingers are contending that there is no way to kick the unfit out of the White House.

Well, they'd be dead WRONG.......The problem is that among the poorly educated and deplorables, admitting a MISTAKE in voting for this idiot means more than sacrificing our democratic precepts.

maybe not -

nothing can pry Russian lips off Trumps ass - swing votes probably, depending on the other candidate

No one has said that.

That said, no president has ever been removed by impeachment.

BTW.........Impeachment of Trump after the 2020 election.....were he to win.....VERY unlikely.......would be easier when the Senate ALSO turns blue.......Check out just how many damn seats the GOPers in the senate have to defend.

So......what would be "better".........another 4 years of this disgusting charlatan......or Nikki Haley as Potus?

Dats right. We could not get that 1/2 white outa der' cause you coon asses kept votin for more poverty. Dont make no sense?

Then, as per the Constitution, there would be a trial in the Senate presided over by the Chief Justice.

There doesn't have to be a trial, its up to the Senate, they may or they may choose not to...
Can the Senate Decline to Try an Impeachment Case?
"The Constitution does not by its express terms direct the Senate to try an impeachment. In fact, it confers on the Senate "the sole power to try,” which is a conferral of exclusive constitutional authority and not a procedural command. The Constitution couches the power to impeach in the same terms: it is the House’s “sole power.” The House may choose to impeach or not, and one can imagine an argument that the Senate is just as free, in the exercise of its own “sole power,” to decline to try any impeachment that the House elects to vote."

BTW.........Impeachment of Trump after the 2020 election.....were he to win.....VERY unlikely.......would be easier when the Senate ALSO turns blue.......Check out just how many damn seats the GOPers in the senate have to defend.

So......what would be "better".........another 4 years of this disgusting charlatan......or Nikki Haley as Potus?

Dis one post like crazy nut? Wud u rather have orange blob.....albeot unlikely....possibly pence.....if removal succeeds...or nikki haley...provided she surveive dem curtains.......and orange julius not arrested....or caught grabbin' dem beaver.......either way orange charlatan goin behind bars?

maybe not -

nothing can pry Russian lips off Trumps ass - swing votes probably, depending on the other candidate
Squawk squawk....the Russians....squawk squawk. Propaganda parrot.

Republican senators literally floated the idea of impeaching Obama over it.

And actually it was Andy Martin. Obama's republican opponent in his Illinois Senate race who first started that crap.

Hillaries campaign did have staffers try and spout the theory... And they were fired over it. And Trump took it mainstream

But hey... When you don't have facts... Make em up!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back