Is the use of Deadly Force to protect property the solution to riots?

This thread needs to be somewhere else....

It is just encouraging outright gun battles on the streets. When the cops show up who do they shoot at?

Lets just say that the Einsteins on this thread might not solve riots...

So lets say a peaceful protest is going on... Someone from the crowd throws a rock through a window. are you going to gun down the whole crowd?

Why not do what European Cops do? Seems far more effective and they have far less damage...
What do they do?

I watched the Laura show tonight. She was discussing the continuing riots and attacks on businesses in Minneapolis this weekend that no other MSM outlet covered. Interviewing business owners, they told their story how they ran to their business only to helplessly watch it be looted, destroyed, and in some cases, burnt to the ground.

Some had businesses handed down for generations. Others were foreigners who came here to realize the American dream. Their city and state leaders allowed their dreams to go up in smoke.

Lowlifes who do these things have no fear, because there is no real deterrent to stopping them. We've seen these so-called leaders tell their police to stand down; to not enforce laws; to not protect these businesses; to allow them "room" to vent.

IMO, a real deterrent works every time it's tried. What if we had a federal law that allowed property owners to use deadly force to protect their property with no ability for city or local governments to prosecute?

A group of thugs start busting into a business. The business owner and family or other employees open fire killing dozens or hundreds of lowlifes. Other businesses do the same. Who in their right mind (after witnessing this) would think of trying to break into, or destroying another business down the street weary if they are armed and willing to kill to protect their investment?

True, hundreds of funerals, but also hundreds of businesses saved, millions of dollars not lost, and thousands of jobs saved in just one city. We need a national law of using deadly force to protect our property.

Time to change the constitution---it is a right to shoot and kill rioters/looters/thugs attacking people. I can support that-------Texas used to have this as their castle doctrine.

Still do.
Remember Joe Horn!!!!!!

Joe Horn is my hero. I listened to that 911 call I don't know how many times. It was hilarious. :auiqs.jpg:

I'd love to have him for a neighbor!!

I think a lot of people would have loved to do what he did. Unfortunately, it's not legal. Even if it was, there would be some people who wouldn't have the guts to kill a person.
When I have people that I teach who express reservations about killing someone, or admit that they are unsure if they could, I tell them to go hunting. Book a deer or hog hunt and go kill something; see what it feels like. If you can't get past that, you probably shouldn't bother carrying a pistol.
As far as carrying knives, I tell them they can book a hog hunt with dogs where the dogs will run the hog down, hold it, and then you kill it with a knife.
If either of these things is too much for you, you should really re-consider carrying lethal defense tools.
But honestly, most people can handle it, they just aren't comfortable with how easy it really is.

Never understood how someone couldnt shoot another human when that human was going to kill you.
To be honest I'd feel worse shooting the deer....

Because humans are hard-wired to be uncomfortable with hurting other humans. Soldiers and police officers have to be trained specifically to bypass that reflexive reaction.
I'm not sure I believe that. I think it may be a cultural taboo rather than hard-wired into us, because frankly, it has never bothered me a bit.
And all our ancestors seemed pretty damn comfortable with stabbing each other in the face, and beating each brains in, and then chopping the heads off and taking them home as trophies.

So I'm pretty fucking sure none of us are hard-wired against this sort of thing, because if we were, none of that shit would have happened. But it did, everywhere in the world, all throughout history.

I watched the Laura show tonight. She was discussing the continuing riots and attacks on businesses in Minneapolis this weekend that no other MSM outlet covered. Interviewing business owners, they told their story how they ran to their business only to helplessly watch it be looted, destroyed, and in some cases, burnt to the ground.

Some had businesses handed down for generations. Others were foreigners who came here to realize the American dream. Their city and state leaders allowed their dreams to go up in smoke.

Lowlifes who do these things have no fear, because there is no real deterrent to stopping them. We've seen these so-called leaders tell their police to stand down; to not enforce laws; to not protect these businesses; to allow them "room" to vent.

IMO, a real deterrent works every time it's tried. What if we had a federal law that allowed property owners to use deadly force to protect their property with no ability for city or local governments to prosecute?

A group of thugs start busting into a business. The business owner and family or other employees open fire killing dozens or hundreds of lowlifes. Other businesses do the same. Who in their right mind (after witnessing this) would think of trying to break into, or destroying another business down the street weary if they are armed and willing to kill to protect their investment?

True, hundreds of funerals, but also hundreds of businesses saved, millions of dollars not lost, and thousands of jobs saved in just one city. We need a national law of using deadly force to protect our property.

Time to change the constitution---it is a right to shoot and kill rioters/looters/thugs attacking people. I can support that-------Texas used to have this as their castle doctrine.

Still do.
Remember Joe Horn!!!!!!

Joe Horn is my hero. I listened to that 911 call I don't know how many times. It was hilarious. :auiqs.jpg:

I think a lot of people would have loved to do what he did. Unfortunately, it's not legal. Even if it was, there would be some people who wouldn't have the guts to kill a person.
When I have people that I teach who express reservations about killing someone, or admit that they are unsure if they could, I tell them to go hunting. Book a deer or hog hunt and go kill something; see what it feels like. If you can't get past that, you probably shouldn't bother carrying a pistol.
As far as carrying knives, I tell them they can book a hog hunt with dogs where the dogs will run the hog down, hold it, and then you kill it with a knife.
If either of these things is too much for you, you should really re-consider carrying lethal defense tools.
But honestly, most people can handle it, they just aren't comfortable with how easy it really is.

Never understood how someone couldnt shoot another human when that human was going to kill you.

Because humans are hard-wired to be uncomfortable with hurting other humans. Soldiers and police officers have to be trained specifically to bypass that reflexive reaction.
I'm not sure I believe that. I think it may be a cultural taboo rather than hard-wired into us, because frankly, it has never bothered me a bit.
And all our ancestors seemed pretty damn comfortable with stabbing each other in the face, and beating each brains in, and then chopping the heads off and taking them home as trophies.

So I'm pretty fucking sure none of us are hard-wired against this sort of thing, because if we were, none of that shit would have happened. But it did, everywhere in the world, all throughout history.

I will say there are some who have had this pounded into their heads.
As long as you're not a flaming liberal i'd like to think most of us reject the thought of sitting back and having your head bashed in by a rock or getting torn apart by a bear.

Still do.
Remember Joe Horn!!!!!!

Yeah, but that was then and this is now. We humans (particularly Americans) have become more civilized with every generation. What people did to others 100 years ago, few would dream of doing now.

Look at the US today. According to the left, the most vile thing one can do to another is offend them. If a guy puts on a dress and high heels, we refer to him as a her. Today, you can get more time in jail for beating your dog than beating your wife. In many parts of the country, you can't smoke inside public places, and even outside in other places. You don't want to offend any non-smoker. If two guys or two gals want to get married, people don't beat them up, the marriage is conducted and sanctioned by the government.

Still do.
Remember Joe Horn!!!!!!

Yeah, but that was then and this is now. We humans (particularly Americans) have become more civilized with every generation. What people did to others 100 years ago, few would dream of doing now.

Look at the US today. According to the left, the most vile thing one can do to another is offend them. If a guy puts on a dress and high heels, we refer to him as a her. Today, you can get more time in jail for beating your dog than beating your wife. In many parts of the country, you can't smoke inside public places, and even outside in other places. You don't want to offend any non-smoker. If two guys or two gals want to get married, people don't beat them up, the marriage is conducted and sanctioned by the government.

That is just dumb. It isn’t about offending. You have every right to poison yourself, but you don’t have the right to poison others.

Still do.
Remember Joe Horn!!!!!!

That is just dumb. It isn’t about offending. You have every right to poison yourself, but you don’t have the right to poison others.

Second hand smoke has proven to be bullshit as far as a health concern.

Still do.
Remember Joe Horn!!!!!!

No. It hasn’t. A lot of people with king issues can’t tolerate it, You have no right to force it on others.

Still do.
Remember Joe Horn!!!!!!

No. It hasn’t. A lot of people with king issues can’t tolerate it, You have no right to force it on others.

Dont care about your fake issues.

I wonder why it's always conservatives who obsess over guns all the time. They gotta have lots of guns. One for every day of the week. They complain about 'liberal city' crime. So if the crime is always in these liberal cities, then they should have nothing to worry about since no god fearing conservative would be caught dead in a 'liberal' city any way. No!

I wonder why it's always conservatives who obsess over guns all the time. They gotta have lots of guns. One for every day of the week. They complain about 'liberal city' crime. So if the crime is always in these liberal cities, then they should have nothing to worry about since no god fearing conservative would be caught dead in a 'liberal' city any way. No!

Do gunz give you the sadz?

I totally agree. The cities could take some of the police funds and give AR-15's to the family members of each owner of the stores. Problem corrected.
Here you Karen, just point this at the darkie and pew pew pew.. problem solved.

What could possibly go wrong?

Still do.
Remember Joe Horn!!!!!!

Like I said; cultural rather than hard-wired into the species.
And after participating in 2 wars with these Americans, take my word for it, very few of them are uncomfortable killing folks, in spite of the cultural taboo.

Still do.
Remember Joe Horn!!!!!!

Yeah, anecdotal evidence like "Well, I'M not like that, so it can't possibly be" don't really prove anything. Every rule has exceptions.

I wonder why leftists don't see their "OMG, people have guns, we must stop it!" as obsessing over guns just as much.

Spare me the straw man about "That must mean that ALL crime is in liberal cities, or there's no liberal city crime at all!"

raw (5).gif

I'm in suburban Cleveland, and Cleveland has been under super Democrat rule for decades now. The last Republican Mayor they had was the late Senator Voinovich way back when. When he left as Mayor, he was our Governor who limited out, and then moved on to the US Senate.

Point is, I'm a conservative Republican in a Democrat city and a Democrat suburb. Not every person in a liberal city is liberal. A minority? Of course they are, but not extinct. Just like Republican cities and states have Democrats in them. People tend to live where they grew up and started a family.

It's not an obsession with guns. It's an obsession with solving a problem. Yes, sometimes guns are needed to solve various problems. Not only are Democrats in these cities taking no efforts into stopping their problems, they are endorsing them like saying the riots will be known as the summer of love.

Still do.
Remember Joe Horn!!!!!!

If second hand smoke were poisoning others, people who inhaled cigaret smoke directly would be dead before the cigarette was finished. I don't mind if people take a position on something, just as long as they are honest about it. I get it. Some people can't stand the smell of smoke. But their push to stop it is because they're uncomfortable with it, not health concerns.

My sister used to be the same way. She'd start coughing if you started to pull a cigarette out and didn't even light it yet. We grew up in a smoking household as my mother was a smoker since she became an adult. She probably smoked while she carried all of us in pregnancy.

Forum List

Back