Is There A God?

You don't know if the universe is finite or not.
Don't be silly. Of course we do. We know the universe is expanding. If the universe was infinite, then it would necessarily by definition be eternal. The 2nd Law states that the entropy of closed system will always increase over time. Entropy is the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system. This does not prove chaos or randomness in the way many imply. It only conveys a loss of thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work. Loss of thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work does not mean the matter within the closed system cannot be orderly. What it really means is that there is a cost for every exchange between matter and energy. Furthermore, the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics proves that the universe had a beginning because if the universe were eternal (i.e. expanding and infinite) there would be no usable energy left within the closed system.
We know the universe is expanding. If the universe was infinite, then it would necessarily by definition be eternal.

not the universe, the Cosmos.

No. The universe.

Chris Langan:
You have to prove that the universe is a self-referential system. Then you have to examine the attributes of this system, analyze the system to determine how it behaves. It turns out that in certain ways it behaves mentally like a mind. The natural question to ask then is: whose mind are we talking about? The answer to that question is the mind of God.

Chris Langan:
I believe in the theory of evolution, but I believe as well in the allegorical truth of creation theory. In other words, I believe that evolution, including the principle of natural selection, is one of the tools used by God to create mankind. Mankind is then a participant in the creation of the universe itself, so that we have a closed loop. I believe that there is a level on which science and religious metaphor are mutually compatible.
Science can conclusively prove that the chair that I'm sitting on is real.
Anyways, just because you say something doesn't mean that it's a fact, even you should know this by now.
Actually, no science can't prove that. Have you never heard of the uncertainty principle in quantum mechanics? Can you please show me actual peer reviewed scientific research proving that the chair you are sitting on is real?

Please tell me which scientific facts you accept? Because I still don't believe you understand the concept that... Science is never conclusive because laws, theories, principles, et al are always subject to revision if new data comes along - up to and including refuting the laws, theories, principles, et al.
1+1=2, It's a fact. Move on.
Prove it. Do you have a peer reviewed scientific paper on that?

Please tell me which scientific facts you accept? Because I still don't believe you understand the concept that... Science is never conclusive because laws, theories, principles, et al are always subject to revision if new data comes along - up to and including refuting the laws, theories, principles, et al.
Science is conclusive until proven otherwise. Gee, that little sticky thing called "proof" sure gets in your way. :D
Conclusive: incontrovertible, undeniable, indisputable, irrefutable, unquestionable, unassailable, convincing, certain, decisive, definitive, definite, positive, categorical, unequivocal;
I'm glad you looked up all those words up because none of them apply to your theory about god. Good for you.

Last edited:
It's is currently impossible to predict the future, let alone the very distant future. Maybe the universe starts to slow down in 100 billion years?
I'm not an astrophysicist, but odds are they know more about this than you or me.

OTOH, math is math and physics is physics. Newton's laws of motion apply. Mass doesn't suddenly slow down and reverse direction without a reason. The science, as the links noted, indicates matter is accelerating as the Universe expands. Why is unknown, but there is no reason to think it would suddenly stop and reverse direction.
Don't be silly. Of course we do. We know the universe is expanding. If the universe was infinite, then it would necessarily by definition be eternal. The 2nd Law states that the entropy of closed system will always increase over time. Entropy is the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system. This does not prove chaos or randomness in the way many imply. It only conveys a loss of thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work. Loss of thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work does not mean the matter within the closed system cannot be orderly. What it really means is that there is a cost for every exchange between matter and energy. Furthermore, the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics proves that the universe had a beginning because if the universe were eternal (i.e. expanding and infinite) there would be no usable energy left within the closed system.
We know the universe is expanding. If the universe was infinite, then it would necessarily by definition be eternal.

No. The universe.

Chris Langan:
You have to prove that the universe is a self-referential system. Then you have to examine the attributes of this system, analyze the system to determine how it behaves. It turns out that in certain ways it behaves mentally like a mind. The natural question to ask then is: whose mind are we talking about? The answer to that question is the mind of God.

Chris Langan:
I believe in the theory of evolution, but I believe as well in the allegorical truth of creation theory. In other words, I believe that evolution, including the principle of natural selection, is one of the tools used by God to create mankind. Mankind is then a participant in the creation of the universe itself, so that we have a closed loop. I believe that there is a level on which science and religious metaphor are mutually compatible.
No. The universe.

no, the Cosmos - what is the Singularity, irrefutably distinct orderly cohesion by boundary.

You have to prove that the universe is a self-referential system. Then you have to examine the attributes of this system, analyze the system to determine how it behaves.

in what ...

It turns out that in certain ways it behaves mentally like a mind. The natural question to ask then is: whose mind are we talking about? The answer to that question is the mind of God.

Garden Earth does not extend beyond the atmosphere of planet Earth as (whoever - ?) chris langan would imply as a universe of a single mind or what he "worships" might better reside in a mental institution than be the Almighty of the Everlasting, by their account ....

We don't understand it, therefore, our understandings are flawed and we create these dogmatic set of beliefs to explain it.... we call them religions. But there is something "spiritual" that humans connect with and it enables a thing we refer to commonly as "inspiration" ...the word "spirit" is rooted here. ...
spiritual awareness of some kind.
From an objective viewpoint, your "inspiration" = motivation.
Your "spiritual" is a motivation to believe in a supernatural "spirit" that you think explains something.
Your "spiritual awareness" is a delusion motivated by a desire to pretend you know something "cool" to impress your peers.

I prefer honesty & am ignostic.

We don't understand it, therefore, our understandings are flawed and we create these dogmatic set of beliefs to explain it.... we call them religions. But there is something "spiritual" that humans connect with and it enables a thing we refer to commonly as "inspiration" ...the word "spirit" is rooted here. ...
Your "spiritual" is a motivation to believe in a supernatural "spirit" that you think explains something.
Your "spiritual awareness" is a delusion motivated by a desire to pretend you know something "cool" to impress your peers.

No. I don't think it is, but he can correct me if I get it wrong.

Human essence is naturally created by God and are given inalienable rights for no other reason than we are His creatures. That the dignity of man lies in the intimation of the soul as the image of a higher order of being that is dimly felt by most human beings while only being fully revealed in the highest examples of virtue. That we all born with a natural inclination to rational and spiritual perfection.

I'm not an astrophysicist, but odds are they know more about this than you or me.

OTOH, math is math and physics is physics. Newton's laws of motion apply. Mass doesn't suddenly slow down and reverse direction without a reason. The science, as the links noted, indicates matter is accelerating as the Universe expands. Why is unknown, but there is no reason to think it would suddenly stop and reverse direction.

No. The universe.

Chris Langan:

Chris Langan:
No. The universe.

no, the Cosmos - what is the Singularity, irrefutably distinct orderly cohesion by boundary.

You have to prove that the universe is a self-referential system. Then you have to examine the attributes of this system, analyze the system to determine how it behaves.

in what ...

It turns out that in certain ways it behaves mentally like a mind. The natural question to ask then is: whose mind are we talking about? The answer to that question is the mind of God.

Garden Earth does not extend beyond the atmosphere of planet Earth as (whoever - ?) chris langan would imply as a universe of a single mind or what he "worships" might better reside in a mental institution than be the Almighty of the Everlasting, by their account ....

You will have to take that up with Chris Langan.

Human essence is naturally created by God and are given inalienable rights for no other reason than we are His creatures. That the dignity of man lies in the intimation of the soul as the image of a higher order of being that is dimly felt by most human beings while only being fully revealed in the highest examples of virtue. That we all born with a natural inclination to rational and spiritual perfection.
"Human essence ..."
Sorry if i'm too honestly blunt, but if Boss is somewhat delusional, you are completely delusional.
From what you wrote, you must live in a fantasy world, not unlike the Harry Potter world.
Not only do you not have any evidence for your claims, but you can't even define your concepts.
Dream on.
I prefer reality in our natural world.

"Human essence ..."
Sorry if i'm too honestly blunt, but if Boss is somewhat delusional, you are completely delusional.
From what you wrote, you must live in a fantasy world, not unlike the Harry Potter world.
Not only do you not have any evidence for your claims, but you can't even define your concepts.
Dream on.
You believe I'm delusional. Got it. Can you tell me why? What specifically did you find so delusional? Was it that man has inalienable rights? Was it that man is born with a natural inclination to rational and spiritual perfection? What exactly did you find delusional?

Delusion would be for you to believe that you are ignostic and be arguing against the existence of God. Ignosticism is the idea that the question of the existence of God is meaningless, because the term "god" has no unambiguous definition. So here you are engaging in an argument that you have already defined as meaningless. So maybe this argument isn't so meaningless to you, right? And maybe you are delusional when you define yourself as ignostic.

Last edited:

"Human essence ..."
Dream on.
You believe I'm delusional. Got it. Can you tell me why?
In a nutshell (pun intended), i already told you:
"Not only do you not have any evidence for your claims, but you can't even define your concepts."
Your views appear to be completely subjective.

"Human essence ..."
Dream on.
"Not only do you not have any evidence for your claims, but you can't even define your concepts."
Actually, no. You didn't explain what you found delusional and why. You made a blanket statement and when I asked for clarification, you still haven't explained what you found delusional and why. It seems that you are incapable of taking what I wrote and breaking it down into what you found specifically delusional. Let me give you an example.

Delusion would be for you to believe that you are ignostic and be arguing against the existence of God. Ignosticism is the idea that the question of the existence of God is meaningless, because the term "god" has no unambiguous definition. So here you are engaging in an argument that you have already defined as meaningless. So maybe this argument isn't so meaningless to you, right? And maybe you are delusional when you define yourself as ignostic.

Now do you understand?

"Human essence ..."
Dream on.
I have tons of evidence for my claims, just none that you will accept because you have already made up your mind. I'll start with the fact that at the moment space and time were created that beings that know and create were predestined by the laws of nature to exist. I don't really know you can argue against this point as you would be arguing against your own existence, lol.

No. The universe.

Chris Langan:

Chris Langan:
No. The universe.

in what ...

why would you chose Langan (?) to quote then throw him under the bus, christian ... .:cuckoo:

No. The universe.

Chris Langan:

Chris Langan:
No. The universe.

in what ...

why would you chose Langan (?) to quote then throw him under the bus, christian ... .:cuckoo:

Because I agree with him and so does the Bible. How did I throw him under the bus? What is your religion?

No. The universe.

Chris Langan:

Chris Langan:
No. The universe.

in what ...

Because I agree with him and so does the Bible. How did I throw him under the bus? What is your religion?
You can't be a part of any organized religion.

No. The universe.

Chris Langan:

Chris Langan:
No. The universe.

in what ...

You can't be a part of any organized religion.
I'm a cradle Catholic, baby. Same as you. I just had a better upbringing and am more intelligent than you.

"Human essence ..."
Dream on.
I have tons of evidence for my claims, just none that you will accept because you have already made up your mind. I'll start with the fact that at the moment space and time were created that beings that know and create were predestined by the laws of nature to exist. I don't really know you can argue against this point as you would be arguing against your own existence, lol.
Your "evidence" is subjective with conjecture written all over it.
I'm interested in objective reality, where more than one brain perceives the same "evidence".
There are no "facts" on what happened billions of years ago, and any fantasies about creators are delusional.

"Human essence ..."
Dream on.
I'm interested in objective reality, where more than one brain perceives the same "evidence".
There are no "facts" on what happened billions of years ago, and any fantasies about creators are delusional.
How do you determine objective reality?

Because I can assure you there is nothing subjective in my belief that the matter and energy that you are made of was created at the time space and time came into existence. I can assure you that there is nothing subjective about my belief that the laws of nature came into existence the moment space and time were created. I can assure you that there is nothing subjective in my belief that the laws of nature predestined that being that know and create would eventually arise. What is subjective about these beliefs?

You have tons of brainwashing.

You have little or no evidence.

You don't seem to understand what constitutes evidence.

You have tons of brainwashing.

You have little or no evidence.

You don't seem to understand what constitutes evidence.
Really? Could I use something you created as evidence?

"Human essence ..."
Dream on.
Can I use something you created as evidence?

Forum List

Back