Is there a libertarian approach to poverty that *doesn't* come down to "just stop being poor"?

Start with the Department of Education. We don't need federal education... let the states manage it.
You know how the biggest problem your generation has with my generation is our generally shoddy education? How we've been slipping in that field to the point where we went from the best in the world to just south of average? Yeah. Let's cut education even more...

NYC spends $19,000/yr per pupil and yet 35% of those who enter high school do not graduate. America's demographics are shifting and no matter how much you might want to you just can't force people to be educated.

Start with the Department of Education. We don't need federal education... let the states manage it.
You know how the biggest problem your generation has with my generation is our generally shoddy education? How we've been slipping in that field to the point where we went from the best in the world to just south of average? Yeah. Let's cut education even more...

NYC spends $19,000/yr per pupil and yet 35% of those who enter high school do not graduate. America's demographics are shifting and no matter how much you might want to you just can't force people to be educated.

I don't know, if you made a BA necessary to get out of jail I'd bet you that would force people top get an education.

Anarchists are conservative?

no, anarchists want to destroy govt; usually to switch to communism. Do you understand? Jefferson was a conservative not an anarchist.
Conservatives don't want to destroy it but just want it to stop existing?

no, please don't be stupid. conservatives are not anarchists and not even libertarians. They believe in limited govt exactly like our Founders intended.

Do you understand now?

no, anarchists want to destroy govt; usually to switch to communism. Do you understand? Jefferson was a conservative not an anarchist.
You're looking for logic and consistency in Special Ed's posts. Let that one go.

if conservatism is not logical please say where or admit you lack the IQ to be here.

no, please don't be stupid. conservatives are not anarchists and not even libertarians. They believe in limited govt exactly like our Founders intended.

Do you understand now?

What is small government about morality laws? What morality laws did the founders ever pass?

. Certainly with regard to the enforcement of victimless crimes.

drug crimes are real crimes even if the only victim is the user.

Do you understand now?

What is small government about morality laws? What morality laws did the founders ever pass?

Good question. Our Founders were highly moral men and assumed Americans would be highly moral too as a matter of survival. Fortunately, they had a very powerful churchs creating morality and imposing it on us. Now that the liberals have largely destroyed the churches the govt must take over the burden however incompetent and bumbling they will be.

Do you understand now?

Good question. Our Founders were highly moral men and assumed Americans would be highly moral too as a matter of survival. Fortunately, they had a very powerful churchs creating morality and imposing it on us. Now that the liberals have largely destroyed the churches the govt must take over the burden however incompetent and bumbling they will be.

So you view government as having the "burden" of morality? And you think you're for small government? I don't know which of those is more preposterous

So you view government as having the "burden" of morality? And you think you're for small government? I don't know which of those is more preposterous

Our Founders were for very very tiny govt and a very moral population. Do you want the Girl Scouts to provide our morality??

Our Founders were for very very tiny govt and a very moral population. Do you want the Girl Scouts to provide our morality??

I don't know what that means

with the church dead we need a new source of morality don't we??

Do you understand now?

Which particular church would you like the government to endorse?

Government? Enforcing morality? Who is more immoral than government?

Of course there is! Libertarianism is a world-wide movement whose central goal is the maximization of individual liberty. Hell, there are even Marxist Libertarian parties in a number of countries.

The key concept in any Libertarian movement is the concept of liberty/freedom. What does it take to be truly free? Until you have an answer to that one, you can't decide what has to be done to get the greatest freedom for the greatest number.

Here in America, so-called Libertarianism has been based on the childish over-simplication that freedom consist of lack of governmental restraint. This is not libertarianism, it is anarchism, and it has been a convenient stalking horse for the Robber Barons who want to squeeze the last dime out us without having to worry about government protections.

A castaway dying of starvation on an uncharted desert island while suffering from a severe toothache is, according to the philosophy of America's pseudo-Libertarians, completely free. After all he can do whatever he damn pleases and there is no statist oppressor to stop him.

So-called Libertarians think the way to government-free liberty is to turn the clock back to the 19th century before the modern welfare state undertook to ensure the education, health and living standard of citizens. Reactionary anarchism is not Libertarianism anywhere but in the good old USA

Government? Enforcing morality? Who is more immoral than government?

well, it is not completely immoral and incompetent. It won WW2 etc etc. In any case you have ducked my question. What will be the source of morality or do you want hip culture to keep spreading?

Forum List

Back