Is There anybody out there?

Last edited:
when I was in the 80s I didn't like it but now I can think of things that were fun.
Back in the early 80's I had a part time job delivering pizzas at night
before cell phones,. And this was in Atlanta Ga, so if you got lost in one of the huge apartment complexes, you couldn't just call and ask directions like they can now. I got very good at map reading .

when I was in the 80s I didn't like it but now I can think of things that were fun.
before cell phones,. And this was in Atlanta Ga, so if you got lost in one of the huge apartment complexes, you couldn't just call and ask directions like they can now. I got very good at map reading .

Maps are cool. I never liked parachute pants.

It was a Mellow Mushroom and there was one entire wall plastered with different apartment complex maps we had to memorize from before leaving with the orders. On multiple orders I would write them down, draw maps, whatever - it was a blast though. At the time it didn't even seem like work, plus I dated a waitress there so that made it even more fun.

It was a Mellow Mushroom and there was one entire wall plastered with different apartment complex maps we had to memorize from before leaving with the orders. On multiple orders I would write them down, draw maps, whatever - it was a blast though. At the time it didn't even seem like work, plus I dated a waitress there so that made it even more fun.

Did Atlanta change a lot since the 80s?

Immensely. When Coca Cola and AT&T ( who I worked for but got layed off and never went back) set up headquarters there and other big companies followed, then Ted Turner came along with CNN....Atlanta's airport is a major travel hub and I-75/85 has always been a major transportation hub.
Check out @ 3:45 where I-75 is 14 lanes wide ( 7 on each side )

Atlanta's Top 100 Private Companies 1-25
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2005/05/02/focus2.html

Last edited:
Immensely. When Coca Cola and AT&T ( who I worked for but got layed off and never went back) set up headquarters there and other big companies followed, then Ted Turner came along with CNN....Atlanta's airport is a major travel hub and I-75/85 has always been a major transportation hub.

I was driving through Atlanta the summer before last. It was amazing CNN, it looked corporate and hollywoodish downtown and real country and peaceful other areas.

I was driving through Atlanta the summer before last. It was amazing CNN, it looked corporate and hollywoodish downtown and real country and peaceful other areas.

When I left there in 91, they were just completing the Georgia Dome next to the Omni, and now they have an even bigger Mercedes Benz Stadium. What they need is a high speed rail system starting with a line to Jacksonville.

Forum List

Back