Is there such thing as "universal morality"?

That demonstrates your lack of faith in Jesus.

No, it's just an acknowledgment of the fact that I wasn't there when those ancient books were written. You obviously don't understand the concepts of facts and faith.

Any rationale, thinking person would question and reject ideas that don't make sense.
ALL ideas that don't make sense? No, you don't believe that . Come on man, you're not having a good faith discussion.

And again, i am glad you discard the nasty stuff. Remember to give plenty of credit where it is due: the accumulated empirical knowledge of science that makes you discard stuff that, say, a 12th century you would not discard.

Any rationale, thinking person would question and reject ideas that don't make sense.
ALL ideas that don't make sense? No, you don't believe that . Come on man, you're not having a good faith discussion.

And again, i am glad you discard the nasty stuff. Remember to give plenty of credit where it is due: the accumulated empirical knowledge of science that makes you discard stuff that, say, a 12th century you would not discard.

There's no such thing as getting a rationale and honest discussion from you.

I do believe in Jesus Christ.
On what basis? A bible you do not know is the inspired word of god? Looks like faith to me, where knowledge is not required, only belief.

After all, the Ten Commandments are old testament aren't they? Do you doubt they are the inspired word of god, YHWH? Why then doubt Leviticus unless you are picking and choosing?

Last edited:

That’s pretty funny coming from you. Just yesterday you denied the Big Bang was the creation of the universe and even linked to a CERN site claiming CERN didn’t mention the Big Bang as the creation of the universe even though it was in big bold letters that the Big Bang formed the universe.

C’mon man.

But at least we have the word of god chattel slavery is moral.

That's ASSUMING that the biblical text in question actually comes from God. I am of the view that God would not support slavery.

On another note, why are you convinced that there cannot be a higher intellect that created us?

The Bible acknowledges that slavery existed. To religiophobes, acknowledgement = approval.
God created this world knowing that slavery would be a part of it. Since he is all powerful, he could have created a world without slavery, that seems like approval to me.

God created this world knowing that humans are flawed and have evil in their nature . . . such as, for example, the insistence on believing that not making us into puppets without choice means that He approves of all of our choices.

In any case, if morals are community norms, which I consider the case, I can't bring to mind any that are universal.

Of course, there's a pretty big if in accepting your "consideration" to be relevant to anything.

Perhaps you could give us some sort of fact that's ACTUAL, rather than simply "I think THIS is true, so there".

God created this world knowing that humans are flawed and have evil in their nature . . . such as, for example, the insistence on believing that not making us into puppets without choice means that He approves of all of our choices.
I don't know... If I made a clock, such that it ran slowly and did not keep time, should I blame the clock or the clockmaker?

I don't know... If I made a clock, such that it ran slowly and did not keep time, should I blame the clock or the clockmaker?

You don't know a lot of things . . . like the fact that how YOU think the universe should work means nothing to what GOD intended it to do.

Pretty sure there was no point in time that He asked Himself: "Hmmm, is this going to be perfect according to some ditz on the Internet?"

You don't know a lot of things . . . like the fact that how YOU think the universe should work means nothing to what GOD intended it to do.

Pretty sure there was no point in time that He asked Himself: "Hmmm, is this going to be perfect according to some ditz on the Internet?"
Yet throughout time people everywhere have said exactly what God said and did and how the universe is set up. Supposedly, God gave me a brain and free will to think and judge things for myself. So that is what I do.

#371: No, at the time g asked that question, g already knew about the internet and was deliberately not telling humans about it.

#371: No, at the time g asked that question, g already knew about the internet and was deliberately not telling humans about it.
There is a whole lot he didn't tell us. My grandfather died of tetanus in the days before penicillin. I've gotten tetanus shots and have already lived much longer than he did. Am I a better person than my ole granddad? Are we better people than most of those who lived 100 years ago?

Why would you need to blame either.

Why wouldn’t you recognize it for what it is and adjust accordingly?

Yet throughout time people everywhere have said exactly what God said and did and how the universe is set up. Supposedly, God gave me a brain and free will to think and judge things for myself. So that is what I do.
It’s the free will that makes the clock run slower. Not the clock. The clock is fine.

How many clocks do you know that can adjust themselves? We do what we're created to do since, in this analogy, the clockmaker created the clock knowing it would not keep time. To then hold the clock responsible for being a flawed clock is rather disingenuous I think.

How many clocks do you know that can adjust themselves? We do what we're created to do since, in this analogy, the clockmaker created the clock knowing it would not keep time. To then hold the clock responsible for being a flawed clock is rather disingenuous I think.
The clock doesn’t need to adjust itself. You just need to recognize it for what it is an adjust yourself accordingly.

We are constantly receiving feedback on our behaviors. So we are without excuse if we keep doing the same wrong things and don’t learn from our mistakes and behaviors.

So to say we do what we were made to do is incorrect. Not only is it incorrect it is a cop out. One that literally transfers your power to an external source and removes your ability to control your destiny.

If you are expecting utopia you will be sorely disappointed. But let me offer a different perspective, it is the downs in life that make the ups sweeter. Utopia would be a boring existence. We have literally won the cosmic lottery and many of us complain about it because it is not good enough? How silly is that?

That's why YHWH gave instructions about slavery, to take away the moral choices.

Last edited:
The Word of God gives instructions on how to behave and conduct your life in all circumstances. Doesn't mean He necessarily approves of the circumstances.
But I assume YHWH approves of the instructions, particularly when it comes to the morals of chattel slavery.

Forum List

Back