Is Trump's Wall Negotiable?

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
It seems like Trump has been walking back from many of the things he's been saying over the past few months - from punishing women who have abortions to minimum wages to taxes to banning Muslims. Everything is a starting point for negotiations. And his supporters are all fine with that, it appears.

But what about the wall?

If Trump says the wall is negotiable, what will be the reaction of his most diehard supporters? Will they still say its OK because everything is negotiable?

Defendig your southern border is just loose change from the jar. Just do it for he heck of it.

lol vote for loose change. Ha ha. Lol!

Like Trump said, he could murder someone in public, and they would condone it. Trump has become a focal point for the angst of a bunch of ne'er do wells that need someone or something to blame for their shortcomings. And his xenophobic rhetoric has supplied them all of that. He is a super used car salesman, and will say whatever pleases the audience he is addressing, irregardless of what he said 3 hours ago.

It's a serious question.

Illegal immigration has been a driving factor for his most fervent supporters, and much of their anger towards the Republican establishment has come from the GOP's willingness to cut a deal on immigration reform.

So if Trump changes his mind on the wall, what happens?

It seems like Trump has been walking back from many of the things he's been saying over the past few months - from punishing women who have abortions to minimum wages to taxes to banning Muslims. Everything is a starting point for negotiations. And his supporters are all fine with that, it appears.

But what about the wall?

If Trump says the wall is negotiable, what will be the reaction of his most diehard supporters? Will they still say its OK because everything is negotiable?

I find the willingness to negotiate a balanced solution to America's problems refreshing..

Trump's pretty well walking back what the left wing news sources over inflated in the first place, punishing women more than they already are or banning all muslims ... only the left wing media and their true believers fell for that crap.

Like Trump said, he could murder someone in public, and they would condone it. Trump has become a focal point for the angst of a bunch of ne'er do wells that need someone or something to blame for their shortcomings. And his xenophobic rhetoric has supplied them all of that. He is a super used car salesman, and will say whatever pleases the audience he is addressing, irregardless of what he said 3 hours ago.

Seems your mind's pretty well made up on Trump and the Americans supporting him.... :laugh: .. yup, pretty well made up

Drumpf (or someone like him) is what you get when you run for President because you don’t really want the responsibility or are not genuinely interested in people and solving the problems and challenges they face and paddling the nation forward…but you run because you think it’s a cool gig...

But what about the wall?

I find the willingness to negotiate a balanced solution to America's problems refreshing..

Trump's pretty well walking back what the left wing news sources over inflated in the first place, punishing women more than they already are or banning all muslims ... only the left wing media and their true believers fell for that crap.
I really think sometimes,they just put their fingers in their ears,they don't wanna hear the truth, its harder, to distort that way.freaking third grade playground childish nonsense.

It's a serious question.

Illegal immigration has been a driving factor for his most fervent supporters, and much of their anger towards the Republican establishment has come from the GOP's willingness to cut a deal on immigration reform.

The Wall is a means to an end, ie stopping the inflow of illegals.

As long as the end is served, that is what matters.

He did not say that.

YOur post is nothing but partisan bs.

But what about the wall?

How the wall is built, its length and composition are of course negotiable with Congress.

Who expects Trump to be able to dictate to Congress? He is not a Democrat, so why would anyone expect the GOP to roll over for him?

It's a serious question.

The Wall is a means to an end, ie stopping the inflow of illegals.

As long as the end is served, that is what matters.

He needs to keep his word and build a wall of some sort.

I would prefer a triple layer cyclone fence with sniper guard towers and mine fields.

It would work very well and be cheap and quick to put up.

Drumpf (or someone like him) is what you get when you run for President because you don’t really want the responsibility or are not genuinely interested in people and solving the problems and challenges they face and paddling the nation forward…but you run because you think it’s a cool gig...

Our Immigration and Trade Policies are disasters. Trump is the candidate with the best platform for addressing them.

But what about the wall?

How the wall is built, its length and composition are of course negotiable with Congress.

Who expects Trump to be able to dictate to Congress? He is not a Democrat, so why would anyone expect the GOP to roll over for him?

I would be happy with Wall at all major crossing points, fading to fences out to the deep deserts, where heavy patrols that picked up and arrested and HELD illegals reduce the traffic to a trickle.

I would be happy with Wall at all major crossing points, fading to fences out to the deep deserts, where heavy patrols that picked up and arrested and HELD illegals reduce the traffic to a trickle.

The fence would have to be at least double layered and patrolled by attack dogs or no dice.

But what about the wall?

I really think sometimes,they just put their fingers in their ears,they don't wanna hear the truth, its harder, to distort that way.freaking third grade playground childish nonsense.

No, I don't think it's like this.

The truth is often complex.

Politicians know that the people prefer that the "truth" is simple. So successful politicians are the ones who make politics simple enough for the majority of people, who don't have the time or inclination to understand the complexities, and give the people want they want, which isn't success, it's hope from their stinking sniveling miserable lives.

The only way politicians are going to increase the intelligence of their politics is if the voters bother to vote for politicians who are more about succeeding in the things that matter, than the things that politicians have decided matter.

It's easier for the people to decide that abortion is important. In an age of 7 billion people on the planet, people still give a damn about abortion?
It's easier for them to decide that gun control, or lack of it, is the important issue when it comes to crime.

They present these simple issues, that have little to no impact on their daily lives, and the people gobble it all up.

What's important is education, health, jobs, things like that. And most of the time either they're ignored, or twisted so much people don't have a clue what are the real issues within these issues.

The fence would have to be at least double layered and patrolled by attack dogs or no dice.

Details. The end result is what matters.

I don't care if the Wall is powered by Black Magic, as long as the end result is vastly decreased traffic.

So you have a qoute with Trump saying that it's just for fun? It's a shame that posters like this one,are not even honest themselves, let alone anyone else.it wouldn't matter who was running,the hate is automatic.

Details. The end result is what matters.

I don't care if the Wall is powered by Black Magic, as long as the end result is vastly decreased traffic.

But in the real world for it to work, it would have to be double layered cyclone fence with attack dogs patroling it, or else the little basards will crawl over and run through like they do now.

Myself, I would prefer minefields with snipers to attack dogs.

Forum List

Back