Is Your God Limited to The God of Abraham?

Incidentally rejecting what God says is by definition claiming your own self to be self righteous and exalting yourself as God..tsk tsk tsk
Again, what of God's word did I reject?

(I find your avatar offensive by the way, but you probably know that.)
Well don't flatter yourself. I didn't display it with you in mind. I mean if you were Muslim you know what you must do if you set your gaze upon the flesh of woman not your wife
And what did you have in your mind when you chose it?
Why do't you tell me since you have the mind of God?

Don't you think the Muslims say the exact same thing about the Jews?
If you had bothered to read the other books you would understand my statement but then again seeing as how you rejected the word of God and declared it null and void it probably doesn't matter. You by your own admission follow your own God and tell everyone else that because they do not adhere to that which you say they are wrong. You read what the scripture said and you admitted that it was wrong and that God told you something different. I personally think the parable of the seed sowed in the ground applies here but I bet you have not read that either
What did I say that disagreed with what God said? And your comment that, "If you had bothered to read the other books you would understand my statement" is a little vague you must admit. No chapter and verse? You sure do have an agenda, don't you.
Why should I bother to do research for you? Hard to pull out one verse from the whole. A lot of the fighting in those books is due to the split that occurred. Besides that you have already rejected what is clearly stated and made up your own version
Hard to do or you can't do it. Don't throw out some blanket statement and then tell me to go look it up. (You are starting to get a hole in your sock.)
I do not see you pointing to any reference except yourself and I did make reference...you are just too lazy to read the books I referenced.You stated that you d not know a whole lot. Trying to help you out but gee you already rejected the New Testament and essentially everything from Abraham on in the Old Testament. Seems to me you have started your own reilgion and cult with a party of onei
Somehow it fits your agenda that I reject the Bible. Why is that?

If you had bothered to read the other books you would understand my statement but then again seeing as how you rejected the word of God and declared it null and void it probably doesn't matter. You by your own admission follow your own God and tell everyone else that because they do not adhere to that which you say they are wrong. You read what the scripture said and you admitted that it was wrong and that God told you something different. I personally think the parable of the seed sowed in the ground applies here but I bet you have not read that either
What did I say that disagreed with what God said? And your comment that, "If you had bothered to read the other books you would understand my statement" is a little vague you must admit. No chapter and verse? You sure do have an agenda, don't you.
Why should I bother to do research for you? Hard to pull out one verse from the whole. A lot of the fighting in those books is due to the split that occurred. Besides that you have already rejected what is clearly stated and made up your own version
Hard to do or you can't do it. Don't throw out some blanket statement and then tell me to go look it up. (You are starting to get a hole in your sock.)
I do not see you pointing to any reference except yourself and I did make reference...you are just too lazy to read the books I referenced.You stated that you d not know a whole lot. Trying to help you out but gee you already rejected the New Testament and essentially everything from Abraham on in the Old Testament. Seems to me you have started your own reilgion and cult with a party of onei
Somehow it fits your agenda that I reject the Bible. Why is that?
Your own admission. Do you have short term memory loss? Oh sorry....forget that ha ha

Just to educate you a bit on spiritual matters...if as you say God told you that what it clearly states in the bible is false that is a sure sign of listening to an evil spirit. The holy spirit does not speak cross wise to scripture. 1 John 4:1
Oops. There we go; New Testament. Sorry, I am strictly Old Testament. It is what God told me. I have heard that should not be a problem however.
Oh Jesus! Oops sorry you know not of who I speak but gee if you are so familiar with Old Testament then who do you believe Isaiah speaks of? And point of reference...you are the one who asked to point out the scripture reference and you rejected it without quoting any of your own. Where pray tell does it state what you claim? Given you say God told you Himself these things? Are you saying it is written in the tablets of your heart?
Pray tell what did I claim?
You now do not even remember? Sigh....You best write things down because you can't remember what you believe and discarded. Grand religion you made of yourself when you can't remember what you believe. How can you convert anyone?
Now I can see why you cut the head off the female in your avatar.

Just to educate you a bit on spiritual matters...if as you say God told you that what it clearly states in the bible is false that is a sure sign of listening to an evil spirit. The holy spirit does not speak cross wise to scripture. 1 John 4:1
Oops. There we go; New Testament. Sorry, I am strictly Old Testament. It is what God told me. I have heard that should not be a problem however.
Oh Jesus! Oops sorry you know not of who I speak but gee if you are so familiar with Old Testament then who do you believe Isaiah speaks of? And point of reference...you are the one who asked to point out the scripture reference and you rejected it without quoting any of your own. Where pray tell does it state what you claim? Given you say God told you Himself these things? Are you saying it is written in the tablets of your heart?
You now do not even remember? Sigh....You best write things down because you can't remember what you believe and discarded. Grand religion you made of yourself when you can't remember what you believe. How can you convert anyone?
Doesn't matter...Muslim womens faces are not seen either but it doesn't mean it exempts you because you gazed upon the flesh of a woman not your wife. Why don't you just take your ball and go home. You are humiliating yourself but then again it is obvious that a good dose of humility is needed for you since you have exalted yourself so high

You misunderstand my agenda then. I am simply speaking the truth. I am not trying to convert anyone. I am just biding my time. If you were familiar with the Old Testament you would know that nowhere in there is anyone trying to convert others. There is only one preacher but all he seems to want to do is talk about vanity.

Doesn't matter...Muslim womens faces are not seen either but it doesn't mean it exempts you because you gazed upon the flesh of a woman not your wife. Why don't you just take your ball and go home. You are humiliating yourself but then again it is obvious that a good dose of humility is needed for you since you have exalted yourself so high
You're muslim? Is that your agenda?

Incidentally rejecting what God says is by definition claiming your own self to be self righteous and exalting yourself as God..tsk tsk tsk

Well don't flatter yourself. I didn't display it with you in mind. I mean if you were Muslim you know what you must do if you set your gaze upon the flesh of woman not your wife
Why do you keep throwing everything off of yourself and onto someone else? Yep, you're definitely muslim.

What's more likely?

- a guy named Abrham encountered a god while walking through the woods one day.

or

- a guy named Abraham invented his own religion just as Joseph Smith did saying "Hey guys! I just met a god! Only no one else saw it, but you have to take my word for it!"

What's more likely?:)

[from other thread]:

Without having the originals on hand, or being able to read them if ya did, it's amazing how much can change changing one word. Why I've always emphasized the improtance of understanding the Bible version being used a sa book, not the contents, but how the words themselves came about. Obviously the original isn't in English, so understanding who translated, why, when, under what circumstances all plays a part in answering whether a given version is reliable or not.

Some are more reliable than others, but ultimately none is 'official or authoratative' unless the actual original.​

Might have to edit this a bit to get the formatting correct.

Is a difference between believing a book you can hold in yoru hand, or read online is real and worthy or discussion, and believing the tales in it.

Can do the same with works of fiction like "Twilight" and discuss the claims of others about the contents without believing in the contents. Know rather a lot about Bibles as books translated from other translations. Don't believe in gods though.
If it is not for the understanding of God what practical use of the Bible could there possibly be?

To understand how the people viewed God and how they behaved. Its their view, God did not write the bible. Every community and culture had a different view of God, that is why reading ancient religious texts tells you much more about the people writing it and the culture of the time than about God.

Now I can see why you cut the head off the female in your avatar.[/Q
You misunderstand my agenda then. I am simply speaking the truth. I am not trying to convert anyone. I am just biding my time. If you were familiar with the Old Testament you would know that nowhere in there is anyone trying to convert others. There is only one preacher but all he seems to want to do is talk about vanity.
You are a legend in your own mind and the only person who understands you is yourself. If you have an agenda you are attempting to sway a person or party to your way. As far as Old Testament goes I seem to be a lot more familiar with it given you stated you are not and have totally rejected all of the New Testament which (shhh don't let God tell you otherwise) is the fulfillement of the Old Testament....pass it on!

What's more likely?

- a guy named Abrham encountered a god while walking through the woods one day.

or

- a guy named Abraham invented his own religion just as Joseph Smith did saying "Hey guys! I just met a god! Only no one else saw it, but you have to take my word for it!"

What's more likely?:)

[from other thread]:

Without having the originals on hand, or being able to read them if ya did, it's amazing how much can change changing one word. Why I've always emphasized the improtance of understanding the Bible version being used a sa book, not the contents, but how the words themselves came about. Obviously the original isn't in English, so understanding who translated, why, when, under what circumstances all plays a part in answering whether a given version is reliable or not.

Some are more reliable than others, but ultimately none is 'official or authoratative' unless the actual original.​

Might have to edit this a bit to get the formatting correct.

Is a difference between believing a book you can hold in yoru hand, or read online is real and worthy or discussion, and believing the tales in it.

Can do the same with works of fiction like "Twilight" and discuss the claims of others about the contents without believing in the contents. Know rather a lot about Bibles as books translated from other translations. Don't believe in gods though.
If it is not for the understanding of God what practical use of the Bible could there possibly be?

To understand how the people viewed God and how they behaved. Its their view, God did not write the bible. Every community and culture had a different view of God, that is why reading ancient religious texts tells you much more about the people writing it and the culture of the time than about God.
Penelope! Were you starting to choke on your own sock? Well nice to see you are back to yourself again. You are catholic and mulsim. Now why does that not surprise me?

Why do you keep throwing everything off of yourself and onto someone else? Yep, you're definitely muslim.
If I was muslim I would be sinning to have a picture of myself displayed in that manner now wouldn't I? But then again you are not familiar with their beliefs nor ones of Jewish descent either

You are a legend in your own mind and the only person who understands you is yourself. If you have an agenda you are attempting to sway a person or party to your way. As far as Old Testament goes I seem to be a lot more familiar with it given you stated you are not and have totally rejected all of the New Testament which (shhh don't let God tell you otherwise) is the fulfillement of the Old Testament....pass it on!
Make up your mind. One or the other. catholic or muslim. Which is it going to be?

If I was muslim I would be sinning to have a picture of myself displayed in that manner now wouldn't I? But then again you are not familiar with their beliefs nor ones of Jewish descent either
If you were muslim, which you are, (you can be catholic and muslim apparently) then you would be sinning against the God of Abraham just by being muslim.

God doesn't fit in a neatly wrapped up box, Joe.
He is more like one of those wooden Russian dolls. Everytime you think you have it there's another layer.

OMG......a line from Shrek just crossed my mind
:lmao:

Make up your mind. One or the other. catholic or muslim. Which is it going to be?
You tell me given you apparently claim this great wisdom which goes cross of what God revealed to Abraham. I would tell you what Solomon would say but hey you would just throw that out as well

If you were muslim, which you are, (you can be catholic and muslim apparently) then you would be sinning against the God of Abraham just by being muslim.
That voice in your head that says it is God is called...wait for it...wait for it....oh never mind.God told me to let you figure it out

You tell me given you apparently claim this great wisdom which goes cross of what God revealed to Abraham. I would tell you what Solomon would say but hey you would just throw that out as well
Oh, no, please give me the wisdom of Solomon, 'Mr. I built my house with the forest of Lebanon' and gave the ruler of Lebanon all the grain he could eat in exchange. I can't wait to hear this one.

Oh, no, please give me the wisdom of Solomon, 'Mr. I built my house with the forest of Lebanon' and gave the ruler of Lebanon all the grain he could eat in exchange. I can't wait to hear this one.
I have given you enough freebie info. If you seek council go speak to Lucy...but she will charge you a nickel

Wait. Wait. While your at it give the me the catholic version of Jezebel. This is going to be great.

Forum List

Back