CDZ Islamophobia

muslim woman beheaded in broad daylight in moderate muslim nation as the police look on.
Liveleak.com - Graphic Scene of Woman Beheaded in the Middle of the Road in Broad Daylight
There are a lot of beheadings in Latin America. Not many muslims though.

Doesn’t make it right? It is savage.
Of course it doesn’t. It is barbaric. So why is it no one makes a fuss when it occurs elsewhere?

It is not as systemic elsewhere or as celebrated elsewhere in my opinion. In Islam they seem to be almost proud of it. Add in the Hijabs and the fact that women cannot work and you now have the finger pointed at you even more.

Well of course the big difference between the ones in Latin America and those in the arab countries of the middle east is that in Latin America such barbarity is the handiwork of drug cartels aka criminals....in muslim nations it is inspired by the islamic religion and everyday citizens participate and of course it is sanctioned by their law...as in it is the law....huge,huge difference.

Is it inspired by the religion or is it to make an impact and frighten people? Groups such as ISIS depend on barbarity to intimidate the populace into compliance. Most beheadings occur at the hands of extremist terrorist groups who are no different than the drug cartels. Why are we only horrified when it's Muslim thugs and not when it's South American thugs? What is the real difference here?

Several countries still have beheadings as capital punishment. Heads aren't barbarically displayed on youtube like with terrorist groups. It's no more barbaric frankly than hanging a person or electrocuting them, both of which are quite acceptable to western pro-death penalty folks.

None that I know do either but they all treat women as 2nd class citizens or worse.
Same for Hindu countries and Bhuddist countries.

Yes I agree. But not universally such as happens in Islamic countries.
Name one Hindu majority country where women are treated equally to men.

Mauritius

??Where is that???

Nepal and India are the only two Hindu majority countries I can find. The status for women there sucks. Child marriage rates and forced marriage rates are very high. Rape is a huge problem. Like with some Islam countries, particularly in the rural villages - many women cover their heads. Widows in Hinduism are treated abysmally.

Google it. I agree it’s bad in Nepal and India but getting better. Don’t think it’s better in Amun islamic countries.

/';'
muslim woman beheaded in broad daylight in moderate muslim nation as the police look on.
Liveleak.com - Graphic Scene of Woman Beheaded in the Middle of the Road in Broad Daylight

Of course it doesn’t. It is barbaric. So why is it no one makes a fuss when it occurs elsewhere?

It is not as systemic elsewhere or as celebrated elsewhere in my opinion. In Islam they seem to be almost proud of it. Add in the Hijabs and the fact that women cannot work and you now have the finger pointed at you even more.

The thing is...you're painting the entire religion with the cultural attributes of ony a few countries. In many muslim countries women do not cover their hair or wear Hijabs and in most countries they work. There are also wide differences between women in rural villages and in urban centers, and this is similar to many other under developed countries. I will agree that the status of women in some of these areas is among the worst.

It's intersting to note the top ten and worst ten countries to be a woman. A few surprises.

These Are the Best and Worst Countries to Be a Woman in 2018

Norway, Sweden, Finland, Nicaragua, Rwanda, New Zealand, Philippines, Ireland, and Namibia followed Iceland to make up the top 10.

The top 10 countries where progress is the slowest include Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Mali, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Chad, Syria, Iraq, and Pakistan, which ranked as the worst places for gender equality in the world, with Yemen coming in the last place.

7 of the worst are strong Muslim majority, 2 are roughly half Muslim. Some of the worst are not really surprising. Yemen and Congo, with ongoing long running wars are not surprising - rape and violence towards women often seems to come with conflict.

I would agree with you that Muslim majority countries in the undeveloped world are often way behind on women's rights.

To me it’s an ideology as much as religion

That is complete bullshit. It is the Lefts fault that we have so many more assaults vs women. Baby mills? This is made up.

Here is a group of women in a Muslim majority country - Indonesia.

Only one is wearing a Hijab.

Indonesia%20Women_0.jpg

/';'

The thing is...you're painting the entire religion with the cultural attributes of ony a few countries. In many muslim countries women do not cover their hair or wear Hijabs and in most countries they work. There are also wide differences between women in rural villages and in urban centers, and this is similar to many other under developed countries. I will agree that the status of women in some of these areas is among the worst.

It's intersting to note the top ten and worst ten countries to be a woman. A few surprises.

Norway, Sweden, Finland, Nicaragua, Rwanda, New Zealand, Philippines, Ireland, and Namibia followed Iceland to make up the top 10.

The top 10 countries where progress is the slowest include Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Mali, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Chad, Syria, Iraq, and Pakistan, which ranked as the worst places for gender equality in the world, with Yemen coming in the last place.

7 of the worst are strong Muslim majority, 2 are roughly half Muslim. Some of the worst are not really surprising. Yemen and Congo, with ongoing long running wars are not surprising - rape and violence towards women often seems to come with conflict.

I would agree with you that Muslim majority countries in the undeveloped world are often way behind on women's rights.

To me, it's just a religion. Like Christianity. Like Judaism. Like Hinduism. Calling it an ideology is a very new rightwing practice, that goes hand in hand, and seeks to REDEFINE a world religion of over a thousand years existence, as an "ideology".

Why do people do that? Because then they can strip away religious freedom. Because then it's easier to justify hating Muslims without being accused of religious bigotry. That's kind of how I view it and I'm not saying YOU are a bigot, but I think when you start to take a scalpel and excise Islam from the religions of the world, you run that danger.

Indonesia%20Women_0.jpg

Indonesia is really bad but maybe getting better idk. I do Know that doctors check girls to make sure they are virgins prior to marriage. Crazy.

/';'

To me, it's just a religion. Like Christianity. Like Judaism. Like Hinduism. Calling it an ideology is a very new rightwing practice, that goes hand in hand, and seeks to REDEFINE a world religion of over a thousand years existence, as an "ideology".

Why do people do that? Because then they can strip away religious freedom. Because then it's easier to justify hating Muslims without being accused of religious bigotry. That's kind of how I view it and I'm not saying YOU are a bigot, but I think when you start to take a scalpel and excise Islam from the religions of the world, you run that danger.

It only became an ideology recently. But now it’s a full blown danger to the world.

maybe not all of them,,,

do you know how Iran got its name and what it means???

I'm sure I'm about to be treated to a bunch of misinformation.

The British deposed the legitimate ruler of Iran in favor of his son, who was an incompetant boob who gave us the Ayatollah's. Why? Because they wanted to keep the supply lines open.

Imagine the kind of resentment that causes. 'Hey, we are invading your country because you happen to be in our way!"

The topic of this thread being Islamophobia in America does it really exist and if it does what harm has it caused. aka are there actual people in America with Islamophobia and do they go out and harm muslims? That is the point of this thread. So far I have seen no evidence presented that would lead anyone to believe Islamophobia actually exists in America...thus if it does....they must keep it within themselves...certainly no evidence of any muslims being slaughtered in any way shape or form here in America. Yet there is much evidence of infidels being slaughtered in muslim nations or in nations where there is a large number of muslims such as Europe.

Yes. Real people have been harmed. Here's a random selection of violence.

Gunman Kills 6 at Sikh Temple in Wisconsin

'Hero' Muslim cop, her son harassed by bigot in Brooklyn who shouted 'I will cut your throat' - NY Daily News

How Zoning Laws Are Used to Block Mosque Construction - CityLab

Assaults against Muslims in U.S. surpass 2001 level

Woman Is Held in Death of Man Pushed Onto Subway Tracks in Queens
https://nypost.com/2016/01/22/two-teens-busted-for-attacking-muslim-man-while-shouting-isis-isis/

https://www.theroot.com/go-back-kansas-restaurant-fire-may-be-a-hate-crime-aft-1820108941

Iranian-American beaten in racist attack in NY Archives | NIAC

Tennessee Man Sentenced to 183 Months in Prison for Burning Islamic Center

2011 Dearborn mosque bombing plot - Wikipedia

Man convicted in slaying of Iraqi artist at Florin Road Home Depot

Community mourns Somali Muslim teen's death in Kansas City hate crime

2016 Minneapolis shooting - Wikipedia

2017 Olathe, Kansas shooting - Wikipedia

Garden City, Kansas - Wikipedia

Canadian JDL member charged in D.C. beating of Palestinian-American

/';'

It only became an ideology recently. But now it’s a full blown danger to the world.

It hasn't changed. The only reason to suddenly make it an "ideology" is to justify anti-religious measures, violence, and legal action against Muslims. It's a religion, nothing has changed in over a thousand years. Maybe that's the problem in some of those developing countries. Nothing has changed.

When religion mixes with government is usually ends badly for minorities and women. It doesn't matter what religion.

Indonesia%20Women_0.jpg

Indonesia is really bad but maybe getting better idk. I do Know that doctors check girls to make sure they are virgins prior to marriage. Crazy.

Indonesia isn't great for women, but like a lot of the undeveloped world there is a big difference between the rural areas and urban areas. Violence towards women is also a problem.

I did not say we should throw the muslims out....but I would agree with at least tossing out the ones that are so suspicious they have to be monitored by the FBI 24-7.

Okay, as long as you apply the same standard to white supremacists who are on FBI watch lists.

If you are going to ignore that pesky constitution and stuff.

I remember in St. Louis back in the 80's long before the revival of muslim terrorism that a muslim family in St. Louis had a daughter who was dating a black kid in her H.S. on the sly...the parents found out about it and killed their own daughter at home.

The result of the honor killing syndrome that the muslims are well known for...anyhow...the FBI had the whole grisly affair on tape....they were being monitored.

I remember back in the 1980's, one of my neighbors dismembered his wife and left the parts in a vacant lot.... what's your point?

A lot of blacks have fallen victim to islam just like you...not knowing the history.

It is quite evident you have no problem with muslims killing white folks...I wonder if you have been radicalized to the extent you might need to be monitored?

Again, if the Government is monitoring a decorated veteran because they don't like his views, we don't have to worry about Terrorists, America is already over.

But I go back to my original point. Don't stick you hand in a hornet's nest and whine about getting stung.

White supremacists are not a problem...there are very few of them who ever resort to violence under any circumstances....remember Ruby Ridge? Ruby Ridge, 1992: the day the American militia movement was born

The terrorists and their running dogs have been worse than stung...we have slaughtered them by the thousands...it is what is called payback.

Again as a result of your arabist indoctrination you continue to confuse criminals with terrorists.

Honor killings are not criminal according to muslims...just a part of their religion...which they continue to practice over here....and that is a huge,huge problem.

We have had more violence and terrorist attacks in this country by them we have by Islamic extremists.

White supremacists are not a problem...there are very few of them who ever resort to violence under any circumstances....remember Ruby Ridge?

you mean other than Timothy McVeigh, Dylan Roof, Eric Rudolf?

The terrorists and their running dogs have been worse than stung...we have slaughtered them by the thousands...it is what is called payback.

Again as a result of your arabist indoctrination you continue to confuse criminals with terrorists.

Actually, what we've managed to do is slaughter hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, often on false pretexts (anyone find those WMD's in Iraq yet?) and we are going to be scratching our heads wondering why the next batch of "terrorists" comes after us.

Honor killings are not criminal according to muslims...just a part of their religion...which they continue to practice over here....and that is a huge,huge problem.

and if they do that here, they should be arrested... but it's hardly a "huge" problem. In fact, no one can even produce a number on how many honor killings there were in the US. In fact, it's so rare, the FBI doesn't give it is own category in the crime stats.

Here’s What the Research Says About Honor Killings in the U.S.

Once again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge.

I'm sure that the Oil Companies are very good at public relations...what's your point?

/';'

It hasn't changed. The only reason to suddenly make it an "ideology" is to justify anti-religious measures, violence, and legal action against Muslims. It's a religion, nothing has changed in over a thousand years. Maybe that's the problem in some of those developing countries. Nothing has changed.

When religion mixes with government is usually ends badly for minorities and women. It doesn't matter what religion.

Bin Ladin, ISIS and such changed it imo.

Indonesia%20Women_0.jpg

Indonesia isn't great for women, but like a lot of the undeveloped world there is a big difference between the rural areas and urban areas. Violence towards women is also a problem.

In Islam as a whole women do not have the same rights as men. Islam also hates dogs. I dont understand any religion that could hate dogs.

Bin Ladin, ISIS and such changed it imo.

How did they do that? Because most of the world's 1.6 billion Muslims don't follow them, and most of the heavy lifting to defeat them was done by - wait for it - other Muslims.

No. Muslims hid Bin Ladin in Pakistan. ISIS getting shelled by US and Russia. You defend an evil ideology and that is your right but many see it for what it truly is.

No. Muslims hid Bin Ladin in Pakistan. ISIS getting shelled by US and Russia. You defend an evil ideology and that is your right but many see it for what it truly is.

Um, no, most of the fighting against ISIS is being done by the Syrian and Iraqi armies, supported by the Iranians. edited-meister

And um, yeah, Pakistan hid Bin Laden after we stopped looking for him.

Um, no, most of the fighting against ISIS is being done by the Syrian and Iraqi armies, supported by the Iranians. edited-meister

And um, yeah, Pakistan hid Bin Laden after we stopped looking for him.

You defend this ideology. That’s fine. Are you yourself Muslim?

You may have thought you were conservative...I do not think you have ever understood what Real Conservatism is. You might have been a republican of the pc variety aka moderate republican aka liberal republican aka coinfused republican.

Ah, the No True Scotsman Fallacy. That one never gets old. Frankly, the thing is, Reagan, the Bushes, Eisenhower, Ford, Nixon... none of the truly great Republicans would be welcome in the Cult of Trump.

I think when the Party of Lincoln started defending confederate monuments and payoffs to porn stars, they were the ones who lost the plot.

What is it about Germans...they must have some kind of jew hating gene....and Catholicsm? do not even get me started ....regarding how Hitler was raised in catholicism, how papist priests indoctrinated europeans into jew hatred for hundreds of years before Hitler got going.

Actually, I would argue that anti-Jewish thinking is hard wired into Christianity itself, especially the Gospel of John, where "the Jews" are the principle bad guys. The Messiah came and the Jews crucified him. In Germany the Lutherans were probably worse than the Catholics, because Martin Luther penned "The Jews and their Lies" when they didn't all sign up for his new and improved church.

Now, I grew up in a community where they used "Jew" as a verb. ("Wow, Joe, you really got Jewed on that deal!"), but again, I voted for a Jew for governor of my state. If Bloomberg runs for president, he might even get my vote. So this isn't a matter of "Jews", this is a matter of realizing how Zionists have an outsized influence and put the interests of Israel ahead of the interests of America.

Forum List

Back